BvS Vote! Rank Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor in BvS

some said he wasn't calculative and genius enough.. just like jokers, riddler, two faces or a combination of them...

he accomplished several things that all tied into his master plan in a single action only.

Revenge against Senator Finch

Removes Mercy as the only witness tying him to Keefe

Stops Superman from speaking and swaying public sentiment or the committee about their opinion on Superman

Stops subcommittee oversight into entering the ship

Stops subcommittee from revoking access to the ship

Sullies Superman as powerless, naive, and collateral causing

Shakes Superman to the core

Provokes Batman to full anger

I enjoyed his performance as Lex Luthor; I thought he did
a fantastic job with the character. I wasn't going into this film
expecting any traditional characterization with him being cast in
the role.

Along with Ben's, his scenes were among my favorite parts of the film.
I didn't see him as cheesy, at all. 90s Riddler, now that's cheesy... if not
still entertaining.

He was 90's Riddler, only a bad imitation of it.

Bad.

That's not on Eisenberg though, it's just that the character they wrote into the film isn't Lex Luthor. I mean he's Lex in name only, but Lex was never a weird creepy Riddler/Joker hybrid so it was a horrible take.

some said he wasn't calculative and genius enough.. just like jokers, riddler, two faces or a combination of them...

he accomplished several things that all tied into his master plan in a single action only.

Revenge against Senator Finch

Removes Mercy as the only witness tying him to Keefe

Stops Superman from speaking and swaying public sentiment or the committee about their opinion on Superman

Stops subcommittee oversight into entering the ship

Stops subcommittee from revoking access to the ship

Sullies Superman as powerless, naive, and collateral causing

Shakes Superman to the core

Provokes Batman to full anger

How can you stop him if he never started?

Bad.

That's not on Eisenberg though, it's just that the character they wrote into the film isn't Lex Luthor. I mean he's Lex in name only, but Lex was never a weird creepy Riddler/Joker hybrid so it was a horrible take.
how so? can you show us some examples please?

Is Jesse simply incapable of playing a character that doesnt act like they have Red Bull pumping through their vines at all times?

Last edited:
How can you stop him if he never started?
??? how do you stop things from happening??? you stop it before it happens, right???
the undeserving hate has make you... less of the person you are...

how so? can you show us some examples please?

Examples of what?

Watch the film, read the Superman classics. I wanted the bold highly intelligent CEO Lex, the character the fans know and love. Not this scrawny unhinged kid channeling the riddler and joker, hatching a scheme with made little to no sense.

I guess he'll be the lex we all know and love in justice league though eh? It's all about the emotional pay off

Examples of what?

Watch the film, read the Superman classics. I wanted the bold highly intelligent CEO Lex, the character the fans know and love. Not this scrawny unhinged kid channeling the riddler and joker, hatching a scheme with made little to no sense.

I guess he'll be the lex we all know and love in justice league though eh? It's all about the emotional pay off
So much truth!

Examples of what?

examples of a weird creepy Riddler/Joker hybrid... or riddler or joker
so that we can compare Jesse performance with them?

can you just do that?

examples of a weird creepy Riddler/Joker hybrid... or riddler or joker
so that we can compare Jesse performance with them?

can you just do that?

Take any scene he's in, in the whole film. The eccentricity, high pitched voice, the frantic manner of speaking which looked like it had been taken right out of Batmam Forever. Then there was the speech to superman and the creepy Polaroids which all had a very sadistic joker vibe.

Like I said, you can pick near enough any scene he's in, why do you need me to spell it out for you?

Examples of what?

If you go with the "classic" Lex all you get is a villain who basically wants to be the best, is really just a jealous person.

This Lex wants to prove he is right and the world (most of the world) is wrong. It makes for a much more motivated villain if you really think about it. One really willing to take extreme risks to win.
The classic Lex would never go so far, so his limits really stifle the story.

I know I don't want comic stuff, that's for comics, I want the essence of the characters pushed into emotional, real, original stories.

I know I don't want comic stuff, that's for comics, I want the essence of the characters pushed into emotional, real, original stories.

Yeah because Lex in this was so emotional, real, and original :dry:

If you go with the "classic" Lex all you get is a villain who basically wants to be the best, is really just a jealous person.

This Lex wants to prove he is right and the world (most of the world) is wrong. It makes for a much more motivated villain if you really think about it. One really willing to take extreme risks to win.
The classic Lex would never go so far, so his limits really stifle the story.

Well it worked a treat didn't it? They're left with a central villain most people didn't like.

He's so far removed from Lex Luthor that to me he isn't even lex Luthor, sure his he's credited as Lex Luthor, but really he isn't Lex.

How could the story be more stifled than it was? I mean it doesn't even make sense. Lex's wordy dialogue in the film is ultimately flatter than a witches tit. It attempts to make the workings of his mind sound complex and interesting but it doesn't work. I could also do without having a performance so hammy that I could feel my face turning red as I sat in the cinema.

It is as simple as this:

The comic book readers will always hate this version of Lex and the non comic book readers not so much.

we better hope that prison changed this lex. if he comes back the same silly goober I'm going to just have to rely on editing him out when i get bluray. probably going to do that for bvs anyway :o

we better hope that prison changed this lex. if he comes back the same silly goober I'm going to just have to rely on editing him out when i get bluray. probably going to do that for bvs anyway :o

I've tried. It's impossible :cwink:

But yeah, I just don't see how this Lex can come back to the real world after what he did.

I've tried. It's impossible :cwink:

But yeah, I just don't see how this Lex can come back to the real world after what he did.
Prison is for the poor.

he will win his case... just not like the others ... to fool an old woman or jail break together with fools.

btw, are gene hackman & kevin spacey lex luthor considered as 'good / well done' lex luthor???

Prison is for the poor.

he will win his case... just not like the others ... to fool an old woman or jail break together with fools.

btw, are gene hackman & kevin spacey lex luthor considered as 'good / well done' lex luthor???
Not for the version I want to see. Speaking just in terms of movies/tv/animated... I can give a pass to John Shea for his season 1 work on L&C and then the best overall live action Lex goes to Rosenbaum for me. That is the closest thing to the standard for this generation which is the corporate TAS Lex. I don't think I'm alone in wanting to have seen him portrayed correctly on film for a change. :( The manipulator that does everything so things don't come back to him, using people beneath him to take the fall... as he looks down on all from his skyscraper. That's what I consider the good modern version. Played out camp versions are a disappointment. Granted Hackman gets more of a pass for the era he came from when playing his version. Spacey essentially played Hackman, and Singer did a lover letter to Donner which was wasted potential of Spacey. Snyder wasted potential on Eisenberg with whom I now show call "RidLex" yes... Riddler Lex. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"