WAITRESS--See it now!

DACrowe

Avenger
Reaction score
I saw this tonight. Forget Pirates for the time being. This was a REALLY good movie. Keri Russell and Nathan Fillion were great in this as was Adrian who unfortunately was murdered after finishing this movie. It was really good and the type of feel good movie that does not bend to cliches of genre or pander to being a romantic comedy or slapstic.

It is instead just a really good movie.

I saw this tonight. Forget Pirates for the time being. This was a REALLY good movie. Keri Russell and Nathan Fillion were great in this as was Adrian who unfortunately was murdered after finishing this movie. It was really good and the type of feel good movie that does not bend to cliches of genre or pander to being a romantic comedy or slapstic.

It is instead just a really good movie.

You mean Adrienne Shelly?

Sorry I misspelled her first name. Yes, Shelly proved to be a very good director with this movie and it is very sad that she won't make anymore movies and just the horror of what happened to her.

But I liked this movie.

Yeah, I've heard good things about it, I will check it out.

I'm mixed...on one hand, it looks to be a s**ty romantic comedy...but the awesomeness of Nathan Fillion...

I'm so confused. :csad:

I work in a movie theater. On my break, I sat down in the theater playing "Waitress". I got bored with it and went into "Pirates" instead for the rest of my break. This just isn't my type of movie.

She was killed by an illegal immigrant who said he did it because he was having a bad day.

Sad world. Damn immigrants.

does Serenity come in and help to fight with pirates? j/k how's the CGI in the film? Nathon Fillon looks like he's done a good job but who knows.. the director is rather inconsistent

however it does make me ultra ultra pissed that she was killed just because poor stupid son of a ****ing ******* who's illegally in the US in the first place "had a bad day."

I'll see this movie only beacause it's Keri Russell. She'll always be Felicity to me, and for that I will always think kindly of her.

I keep hearing about it and seeing good reviews.
Give some more to make me want to seek it out.

It is not a "stupid romantic ocmedy." It is probably the funniest movie I've seen this year after Hot Fuzz and is a very human movie. These are real characters and are not premanufactured Hollywood bull****.

Nathan Fillion is very good as the married doctor who has an affair with one of his married patients.

I'll put it this way IT IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN PIRATES. It has actual depth and meaning of character and while the ending is a little too syrupy, this is a good movie. F u c k CGI.

Oh and Shelly was murdered by an illegal immigrant because she was complaining about him making too much noise on working on a nearby New York apartment and she was going to report him, but he was in this country illegally so to prvent being deported (which I doubt would have happened) he murdered her.

Pretty sick.

But this is a really good movie and should be liked, anyway.

This is the one where food kind of reflects what's going on or something?
I love food and cooking,so maybe I'll see if it's playing near me.
Also,is this a tear jerker,cause if it is that cinches the deal?

Not rally a tear jerker. There is maybe one sad scene in the whole movie. It is a comedy with a biting sardonic sense of dead pan humor about marriage, child rearing, adultery, love (yes the dreaded L word on these boards) and even cooking.

IT is very blunt though. It isn't as if the food reflects mood as much as when she is really pissed or feeling a strong emotion she makes a pie that reflects that mood.

It isn't as if the food reflects mood as much as when she is really pissed or feeling a strong emotion she makes a pie that reflects that mood.

Okay,yeah that's what it was.

Why are you so hostile? You seem rather passionate about this movie but it's a little too edgy for me and kind of turning me off to this movie.

Am I? I'm just being matter of factly. I didn't realize my typinmg was hostile.

Other than the one post, which was more a response to my annoyance with Hollywood and audience tendencies. I can start a thread about Seraphim Falls or this or other non-franchise/non-special effects heavy movies and very few people respond and I see comments like "I'd rather see Pirates."

I'm just tired of CGI, I guess. But other than that post a few days ago I've just been trying to give info to those who wondered.

Sorry if it seemed hostile, I was just trying to answer your questions.

That's cool.
I guess your passion translated as such. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"