WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

Also apparently the guy playing Norm was also a character in AOS who was forced to work for Cybertek. If it turns out he's some kind of SWORD scientist I'm just gonna headcanon he's the same guy.

Also, do the names in the fake credits mean anything?
Er1F9K-U0AIMzJ4

Last edited:
I’ve heard Nightmare is in fact the big bad and is what ties it to Dr Strange? I’m sure there’s a few villains but that’s what I’ve heard.

A few more details I've heard pointed out by people (that the devil might be in)
- Indeed Strücker's base appears on the wallpaper
- pigs get mentioned several times in relation to the Harts
- apparently the number 6 is missing from a clock in the toaster commercial as well as the clock on the radio?

A few more details I've heard pointed out by people (that the devil might be in)
- Indeed Strücker's base appears on the wallpaper
- pigs get mentioned several times in relation to the Harts
- apparently the number 6 is missing from a clock in the toaster commercial as well as the clock on the radio?
The post above def shows a 6 on the watch.

The post above def shows a 6 on the watch.
Yes, I know. There's also a 6 on another place on the radio, so I'm guessing it may be nothing. The clock in the commercial people referred to was the one in the background during the toaster commercial.

I did try googling the credits yesterday and didn't really come up with anything.

"For the children" was extremely creepy, especially as there weren't any even at a talent show to raise money for the school. Someone's doing this to Wanda to create her children and use their powers?

He had a SWORD logo on his back, so I imagine it was actually a hazmat suit appearing as a beekeeper suit in Wanda's reality for some reason.

Though I note a couple ambiguities with that scene:

1. Were the bees around him just a side effect of his reality-shifted outfit? Or were they a separate, hostile, factor?

2. When Wanda noped him out of there, was she doing it to preserve the distorted reality. . . or to get that guy out of it?

That latter especially is an important question, because it ties into "How much of this is Wanda's doing?" While the evidence isn't 100%, I feel like its pretty strongly stacking up that this *isn't* all Wanda deliberately making a fake reality to live in. If it were, there wouldn't be so many scenes where Wanda herself is clearly perturbed by strange aspects and lost memories. Also in the "creepy outside influence" column: every cult-like chant of 'For the children', which is both super creepy and also does not seem to emanate from Wanda ( even when she copies it, its delayed and out of synch and without obvious enthusiasm ).

If I had to make a prediction now, its the fairly obvious one: in an effort to revive the Vision/restore the Vision's personality, Wanda accidentally made contact with *something* hostile, and that hostile force has possessed her and hijacked her powers to make a bubble. More specifically though, that hostile force very much wants her to create a bunch of kids, presumably as a tool for gaining a stronger foothold in reality. Which kind of sucks for her two kids, though presumably she ends up successfully freeing them from Mephisto/Chthon/whatever the hell this being is.

Also, hey, bonus points for that SWORD clearly isn't some default "Fear and loathing of superhumans" cliche organization, going by those transmissions trying to contact Wanda. Not that I thought it was *especially* likely given the heroic names associated with it, but still.

Just throwing out some random thoughts, having now watched these episodes several times:
Between Agnes talking about how "that's not the only place he [the devil] is", and her rabbit being named Senor Scratchy (both a reference to the Devil's nickname, Nick Scratch, or Agatha Harkness' own son in the comics, Nicholas Scratch), and then her saying that Senor Scratchy played baby Jesus in the Christmas pageant (!!!), I definitely feel like Mephisto is behind Westview in some way. I don't know if he's the main villain, though: I could still see it being the Grim Reaper, especially now that they've teased him in the Bewitched-style animation, and hinted at Wonder Man showing up possibly.
Personally, I think Mephisto is either Agnes' husband, "Ralph", and/or the salesman in the infomercial segments. I definitely think next week's infomercial will either be about Quicksilver or Ultron.
I think Dottie is definitely someone from outside the simulation. Because they set up the red toy helicopter as meaning that it's something from outside that's gotten in, and then later that episode we have Dottie bleeding red blood in the black-and-white world, and Wanda looking shocked about it - and that weird line about getting blood out of white linen, which was just out of the blue.
Some people think the beekeeper is the villain Swarm from the Spider-Man comics, which would be utterly hilarious but I don't understand why that would be the case. That being said, I'm still not convinced the beekeeper is from SWORD even though he's wearing the uniform.

I'm convinced that the "commercials" are Wanda's memories. The Stark toaster representing the Stark bomb that killed her parents. And of course, the Strucker watch representing her imprisonment at Struckers base. And I think the couple in the commercials may be her parents.

Memories, sure. However, the couple in the commercials is so overtly menacing, even by the standards of the creepy scenes in the show, that I seriously doubt they represent her parents. I'd put more money on the man being Mephisto or such.

Oh, and re: Vision, its important to remember that in the comics, there was a fairly lengthy period where the Vision was restored to life after being killed/disassembled, but he was an emotionless android all in white. Infinity War clearly invoked this imagery with the Mind Stone-less Vision fading out to pale colors, and I suspect that plays into here as well.

If I had to guess, I'd make a guess that simultaneously explains this and also explains why so many SWORD operatives are involved from day 1: Wanda wasn't a prisoner of SWORD or anything of the sort. She was *working with* SWORD to figure out a way to revive the Vision. After all, the Vision's intellect and personality were born from the Mind Stone, and while the Mind Stone is gone. . . Wanda's powers themselves are derived from the Mind Stone ( and also hella powerful ). She's working with them, including various heroic and presumptively heroic figures. Then things go Not As Expected, with Vision at least partially revived, but also everyone nearby dropped into a reality bubble. This is why Wanda and Vision both remember the broad strokes of their past and reality ( note that both are perfectly comfortable possessing powers ), but don't remember much more proximate things like "How did we get here?"

Oh, and re: Vision, its important to remember that in the comics, there was a fairly lengthy period where the Vision was restored to life after being killed/disassembled, but he was an emotionless android all in white. Infinity War clearly invoked this imagery with the Mind Stone-less Vision fading out to pale colors, and I suspect that plays into here as well
Thank you for giving me an excuse to post this out of context panel
Qch0KRL.png

Pauly Bettany said, that there appears an actor in a surprising role, that he ever wanted to work with.
I really hope that it’s gonna be Richard E. Grant and he’ll turns out being Mephisto.
I mean, he couldn’t really mean Evan Peters, could he? I’ve only seen AHS season 1&3, X-Men DOFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, KickAss 1&2. Is Evan Peters really that good, that actors like Paul Bettany see that as great opportunity to work with him?

Pauly Bettany said, that there appears an actor in a surprising role, that he ever wanted to work with.
I really hope that it’s gonna be Richard E. Grant and he’ll turns out being Mephisto.
I mean, he couldn’t really mean Evan Peters, could he? I’ve only seen AHS season 1&3, X-Men DOFP, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, KickAss 1&2. Is Evan Peters really that good, that actors like Paul Bettany see that as great opportunity to work with him?

Never ever :D Richard E Grant would make more sense. But would they introduce him here and then he pops up in Loki?

Credits from episode 2. Although the animation is more reminiscent of "Bewitched", the Bossa Nova rhythm, style and structure of the song is more like "I Dream of Jeannie".

Never ever :D Richard E Grant would make more sense. But would they introduce him here and then he pops up in Loki?

He still could be, like rumored Old Loki. But I bet, whoever gonna be the villain in WV, will be a surprise like Luke in Mandalorian.
We still haven’t info, who’ll be the villain of Multiverse of Madness. I bet, they want to keep this a secret until the last episode of WandaVision.
I believe it’s Mephisto and it definitely won’t be Evan Peters. Richard E. Grant probably looks like an Old Version of Tom Hiddleston...but he also be Mephisto - and even the Loki series teases Mephisto

Very interesting that Wanda has some control over all of this at the end of episode 2.

So far two episodes in, I love it. Bettany and Olsen are awesome together. Bettany has since quite some time proven himself to be a very stabile actor, and Olsen is constantly doing the same. She really deserves some great roles outside the MCU. Kathryn Hahn and others were hilarious as well.

Not sure if any of the shows they're spoofing actually were ever aired in my country except for I Dream of Jeannie (at least not in the 70s or later, I'd remember it). Still everything feels spot on. Looking forward to more episodes, and getting deeper into the underlying sinister mystery.

Btw, any fellow watch enthusiasts that would love to sport a Strücker? Great looking watch, and I mean 1000m water resistance is pretty good. I guess that octopus logo is a garantee for that as well.

Strücker.jpg

(Seriously, if Marvel released this as reasonable merch (maybe with some cheap quartz movement), I'd buy it despite the oversized logo lol)

So far two episodes in, I love it. Bettany and Olsen are awesome together. Bettany has since quite some time proven himself to be a very stabile actor, and Olsen is constantly doing the same. She really deserves some great roles outside the MCU. Kathryn Hahn and others were hilarious as well.

Not sure if any of the shows they're spoofing actually were ever aired in my country except for I Dream of Jeannie (at least not in the 70s or later, I'd remember it). Still everything feels spot on. Looking forward to more episodes, and getting deeper into the underlying sinister mystery.

Btw, any fellow watch enthusiasts that would love to sport a Strücker? Great looking watch, and I mean 1000m water resistance is pretty good. I guess that octopus logo is a garantee for that as well.

View attachment 41771

(Seriously, if Marvel released this as reasonable merch (maybe with some cheap quartz movement), I'd buy it despite the oversized logo lol)

I wouldn't buy it because I barely wear watches, and certainly not anything as elaborate as that. It looks like it would be too heavy around my wrist. I prefer the plastic watches to metal ones.

My guess is Agnes is trying to keep Wanda in this alternate reality and tries to steer her away from the clues that keep seeping through from the real world. And for whatever reason is keeping her there long enough for her children to be grow up.

Wanda seems to knows a bit of what’s happening, and is scared she’ll lose vision, so continues to repel the advances from sword.

Nightmare (which I’ve been told is the villain) could be possessing Agnes’ body and is trying to get her to open the multiverse.

I wouldn't buy it because I barely wear watches, and certainly not anything as elaborate as that. It looks like it would be too heavy around my wrist. I prefer the plastic watches to metal ones.
I have a small collection of watches in various sizes. Because of my tiny wrists I can't wear too big watches myself. Hence a watch from the 50s or 60s is very wearable since they were way smaller than most (typical men's watches) today. This one would probably be at maximum ~36mm, but probably less.

Credits from episode 2. Although the animation is more reminiscent of "Bewitched", the Bossa Nova rhythm, style and structure of the song is more like "I Dream of Jeannie".

I wonder if there is something in the fact that whilst everyone else is looking in through the window, Agnes is the one who's actually partly inside the house with Wanda and Vision, not outside of the house like the rest of them. Maybe indicates she isn't like the others and has more awareness, control or importance?

did he have any scenes with cumberbatch? i don't think he did...so it might be a finale scene tying into his movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"