Warner Bros. "The End"

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: The spec market has been as dead as disco lately, but Warner Bros just closed the second deal of the night. The studio has acquired The End, a science fiction/drama spec script written by Aron Eli Coleite. The film focuses on three completely different storylines that are interconnected by the fact that the players in each one are trying to reconcile the fact that the world is going to end. There is a veteran broadcast in London, a 16-year old girl and her boyfriend in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a devoted family man in Shanghai. They each try to make peace with their lives before an interstellar event ends the world in just six hours. No producer yet but Jesse Ehrman and Andrew Fischel brought it in for Warner Bros. CAA repped the writer.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/warner-bros-buys-apocalyptic-spec-the-end/

This looks interesting.I'll see this movie when it comes out.

Aww. That's really similar to a short film I did. But, mine was set on Y2K. And was a musical. So, yeah, this is probably different.

Man, that sounds super depressing. I like the potential variety in cast though.

Reminds me of Last Night in a way, except in that film it was all in one city and some of the character knew each other.

That movie has a guy that spends the last few days living out every single one of his sexual fantasies, including banging his 5th grade teacher, who is almost 60 at that point.

Wow, for a moment i tought this thread was that Warner Bros was dieing

Definitely looks like it could be good. Warner Bros. do develop very well-made pictures.

Last edited:
This looks like one of those cataclysmic movies like Deep Impact or Armageddon. The plot of the movie sounds good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"