Wasp

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey chaps....

I was just reading thr NA thread, controversial as ever, and I was thinking...

Everyone goes on about power in the Avengers team, and I was wondering, what use at all does the WASP have? At least AntMan can grow and has mega brains.

I don't understand what use she has other than to design naff costumes...

Hypers, please elucidate the situation! Why does she exist???

Well, first off, she's a highly skilled tactitian, and has served as team leader in the past. Second, she's also capable of growing giant. She just doesn't do it often. And third, having a woman grow to the size of an insect, crawl inside Kang the Conquerer's ear, and deliver a haymaker to his eardrum is always an effective stratigy.

The Question said:
having a woman grow to the size of an insect, crawl inside Kang the Conquerer's ear, and deliver a haymaker to his eardrum is always an effective stratigy.

I'll give you that but...

Isn't that kinda like a one trick pony?

I didn't know she could grow, but in a battle with a high tier villian, her wasps sting would be ineffective right (on the outside of their bodies anyway). I couldn't believe in Secret War when she bypassed Magneto and the X-Men with that tiny laser..WTF?

Anyone agree with my original statement?

Wasp's stings are powerful enough to stun Thor, plus she's a damn fine leader up there with Iron Man, the Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Black Knight as worthy leaders if Cap's out of the picture. She's earned her spot on the team.

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:
I'll give you that but...

Isn't that kinda like a one trick pony?

I didn't know she could grow, but in a battle with a high tier villian, her wasps sting would be ineffective right (on the outside of their bodies anyway). I couldn't believe in Secret War when she bypassed Magneto and the X-Men with that tiny laser..WTF?

Anyone agree with my original statement?

Well, on the outside it would be ineffective, but if they can hear, then that means that their eardrums are sensavite. Plus, she can get into places, do surprise atacks, and is good for spy work.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Wasp's stings are powerful enough to stun Thor, plus she's a damn fine leader up there with Iron Man, the Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Black Knight as worthy leaders if Cap's out of the picture. She's earned her spot on the team.

They can effect Thor? Damn. That's some powerful weapon right there. Hmmmm. You know, it'd be funny is it was revealed that Wasp's stingers were origionally ****ing huge tesla death ray type things, and then hank just shrunk them down with Pym particles.

I wonder why people only believe that heroes can be worthwhile if they possess great power. Captain America possesses very little power himself. The same is true of Falcon, Black Widow, Daredevil, Black Panther, and many more, yet these are all valuable team players or solo adventurers. On the other hand, the Hulk is hugely powerful but often more of a hinderance than an asset. Tactical skills, leadership ability, and intuition are much more often the keys to winning a battle. This is where the Wasp excels.
By the way, her powers aren't as tiny as you might think. Her Wasp stings can blast a hole through a wall, she is a difficult target to hit, she actually gains strenghth as she shrinks, and, as someone else pointed out, she has recently developed the ability to grow as well as shrink.

Ok guys.. I appreciate the feedback Iv'e learnt many a new thing here, and have much more respect for the character.

Anyone who can pimp Thor a bit rules in my book (except Superman but we'll leave that for another day).

The Question said:
They can effect Thor? Damn. That's some powerful weapon right there. Hmmmm. You know, it'd be funny is it was revealed that Wasp's stingers were origionally ****ing huge tesla death ray type things, and then hank just shrunk them down with Pym particles.
I don't remember where her stingers came from, actually. I think they were originally built into her gloves and were basically duplicates of the Yellowjacket stingers Hank used, but they're biological now and they're way, way more powerful than Hank's Yellowjacket ones.

the cool thing bout antman and wasp is that even though they shrink down to the size of an insect, they retain all the strength of a normal-sized person. so she could walk into your ear and hit ur eardrum. it'd probably be agonizing.

There are plenty of powerhouses on the team, they don't need another. Wasp's abilities for recon, stealth, as well as her experience and leadership skills well make up for her usual lack of physical power

Well, when they call The Avengers world's mightest heroes, more often than not, its in the sense that they're the finest team out there. I mean most of the time, if Thor and IM weren't on the team, they'd be seriously lacking in strength. Now the Defenders is a team worthy of that title in terms of raw power.

stealth can be very useful considering what the avengers do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"