"Marvel Heroes" Double-Sized Flip Magazine.

facsmth

Leela Lover.
Reaction score
Reprints: New Avengers # 14, Young Avengers # 1, House of M # 3.

I bought this at Giant somewhere. On one side of the magazine, there's a picture of Spiderwoman. In the upper-right corner there's Iron Man & Captain America. Below those two is a couple white box that say "Rating T+" & 14. If you flip it over, there's four Young Avengers. In the top-right corner ther's a picture of Captain America alone. On the bottom of the Young Avengers portion, there's a big "#1" on the bottom-left corner.

Apart from the promise of "POSTER INSIDE" there's the cryptic message "INSIDE House of M."

Anyhow, I picked this up along "Wolverine: Civil War #43." Why? Because they were the only comic books I could find at the stationary section of the store. I probably should of picked up that copy of Wizard, too.

It wasn't until I checked the fine print on the inside of the magazine that I could figure out which comics (er, I mean issues) were included in the former.
The YA section showed them meeting with Jessica Jones (aka Jewel) after some botched atttempt to foil a hostage situation at a wedding. The story was mostly boring. I just scratched my head over why a former superhero would work at the Daily Bugle. Jessica makes an off-hand comment about being pregnant & it's very unsubtley repeated over-and-over that her boyfriend is Luke Cage.
The funniest part of the story is when Iron Man & Captain America visit Jessica on the street. They're flying, by which I mean Iron Man is flying & he's holding Cap with a hand around his waist.

The Spiderwoman (NA) section I was looking forward to since I'd read the first volume of their tpb. Yeah... I probably would have been better off reading Ultimate Avengers.
Spiderwoman explains to Cap her role as a double-agent. There's also a flashback of a surgery where she gets her powers gradually returned to her by Hyrdra. It's funny. The left half of this page has her lying naked on a table with several masked surgeons around her. Her naughty bits are covered by a word balloon, a tray that one of the surgeons is holding, and another larger tray with more equipment covering her waist. On the right side of page she's given a summary of the procedure by one of the surgeons. When he says "Hail, Hydra" she starts to cry. It's strange... Spiderwoman's name is also "Jessica." I forget her last name.

Oh, in the beginning of the NA section, there's a stupid little scene at the Daily Bugle. Looking out one of the windows is... Gwen Stacey's daughter? Anyhow she's wearing a "Liberty Meadows" shirt.

I read the last part of the "Marvel Heroes" three-in-one... it had Wolverine in it... but I didn't understand the rest of the premise. I think it was a "House M" issue, but I don't know what "House of M" is.

The Wolverine stand-alone comic I bought has Wolverine threatening a white-haired villain who I find is called "Nitro."
The coolest part is when Nitro uses his power. Wolverine's body is almost completely burned up in the explosion, leaving only his naked adamantium skeleton. At the end of the comic, he'd regrown all his organs, skin, & hair within the few minutes it took Nitro to make a short phone call. Color me naive, but wouldn't have the fire gone up his eye sockets & burned up his brain, too? Leaving only his metal skeleton. I know he has a mutant healing factor, but is it really THAT powerful?

I doubt I'll buy into Young Avengers in the future. Only started reading New Avengers because of how much people hated "Dissasembled." And so far the Wolverine issue was the only "Civil War" story I have read.

Sorry for the confusing post.

Wow, that's some really old stuff. New Avengers is on #22 by now and YA on #12. Only the Wolverine one is recent. I'd look up Wikipedia for info on House of M, and to see how cool Young Avengers actually is.

Also, Spidey-Woman is Jessica Drew.

K, I did as you suggested... I guess the only good part of this "house of M" is that
Wolverine gets his memory back.

Yeah, you don't really have to put spoilers. And yes, that is really the only bit House of M has done that's good, although X-Factor basically spun out of House of M, which is a book that of course, rocks.

Let's see... DC had Identity Crisis... Infinite Crisis & all the other crap that's going on nowadays... (One Year Later... 52...)

So what's been going on in the Marvel Universe since Identity Crisis? I know they've had something called "Identity Disc" and then now they're having "Civil War"...

dude its not a spoiler if its a reprint. here's the deal: means its OLD.
young avengers is very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very good.

dude what's identity disc??? and identity crisis was DC.

Identity Disc was a mini Marvel put out during the same time as Identity Crisis to cash in on reader confusion.

With Marvel it went like this:
Avengers Disassembled -> House of M -> Civil War.
Just catch up on that at wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"