Sequels Ways to make the X-Men franchise mean something again in the MCU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Ways in my opinion that Marvel/Walt Disney can make the X-Men franchise relevant again:

- Make us care about the X-Men universe in the sense of making us relate to the mutants not only as mutants but as people too.

- Keep the plot consistent
- Give the X-Men directors/crew full control and let them make their movie
- Tell stories that haven't been told
- Carefully and slowly build up their universe
- The world doesn't always have to be at stake in their films
- Go for a more mature cast...not a young cast but an older cast of characters
- Most important...you start completely from scratch

Phase IV is looking like there's no Fantastic Four or X-Men and giving them a good rest is actually a good idea. It'll take time to forget original cast members Jackman, McKellen and Stewart etc. and to build X-Men from scratch.

Not rushing into anything and planning ahead seems to be key here. Marvel led up to the infinity stones throughout the films of Phase I and II quite nicely. We also saw Wanda's hypnotic dream in Avengers 2 come true for Thor in Thor 3 which is a subtle nod to the crazy stuff Wanda can do in the comics (did she cause it? did she predict it? :shrug:). Now it turns out there are references to an "endgame" from prior films. All this stuff is laid out carefully and can you imagine what it'd be like to see Beast, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Gambit, Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, etc. in movies made this way??? Nothing short of amazing! I hope it works out for the X-Men in the end.

Last edited:
In the meantime I think fans will probably enjoy reading some of the comics.

Actually, I had never realized it but if Wanda's hypnotic visions came true with Phase III (Ragnarok and the fallen Avengers) and she's in love with one of the infinity stones from her visions and its name happens to be Vision, a robot who seems to feel a surreal love for her, is there any chance this entire reality is all her creation?

Also, one of the stones from her visions, the time stone carried by Dr Strange, showed Dr Strange there is one in a million ways to stop Thanos in Avengers 3 and it seems the answer is time travel.

So could she have set up the time travel as well somehow? And let's say that she was feeling a little lonely on earth despite all the magical powers that she has summoned from the infinity stones and from outer space and decides that instead of infinity stones she wants a million little "wandas" or "mutants" to keep her company? So could the time travel device create mutants and could it all be Wanda's fault? Is it all in Wanda's head???

Last edited:
My main thing, and maybe it's just me, but I prefer the characters as a team. For these characters, I'm not here for solo films...

So, something I've seen floating around here like Dazzler: The Movie, I am against, again, me, my introduction to the character and preference for the character is an X-Man. I want X-Men characters, or characters I know as X-Men characters, on a team, not solo.

The X-Men are just are more interesting as a team and when they interact with each other.

They aren't like the Avengers, Avengers is a gimmick in the comics. They basically grouped those characters who started a solo series or a supporting character of someone else to sell more copies or to get more attention. But a lot of the bigger characters that joined goes back to do their own comics/the original team they came from. While the X-Men isn't really the super bowl of the Marvel Universe, a lot of characters in the X books are used or introduced there because they are really intended to be part of the X-Men lore. They aren't really intended as someone who headlines as a solo series and also works as a member of a team at the same time. The only eXception to this is Wolverine but he's still first and foremost a member of the X-Men.

I agree. They're the society's outcasts and the underdogs of the Marvel Universe and the whole point of introducing them into the MCU should really be about them sticking together.

It would definitely be too obvious if we saw someone waving a sign saying “make humanity great again” but I’ve always thought the xmen were at their best when they looked at the propaganda from hateful groups like the west pro baptist church and adapted it into the metaphor of being a mutant

I will be necessary to explain why people accept and admire Avengers but fear mutants. Each avengers member is known and has fans, they saved NYC in 2012 so people like and trust them

But individual unknown hero as DD, Luke Cage or mutants who possess superpowers, people usually focus on media supports, TV ... (they are dangerous or not ... Expect Harlem is fan of Luke Cage because they know him) People are afraid that what they dont know, (like Marcel Comics always says)

In Fox Saga, government knew mutants in 70's, but people only know mutants in 2000's
Same way for MCU. People who are born with X-gene. They existed since centuries but this specie was very rare:
En Sabah Nur born 3000 B.C
Some are born through centuries (not a lot)
Wolverine, Sabret Mystique born in 1880's
And at 20st century, something causes a boom of natality :
-Erik, Xavier, cie... born pre WWII
-X-men, Brotherhood, cie ... born in 80's
-many mutants are born around the world during decades

Before IM1 (2010), Xavier and Magneto 2 friends go into ideologic war because Xavier wants humans accpet mutants in a distant future. Magneto, who suffers of injustice all along his life, see 2 options: mutant supremacy or mutant oppression.
Xavier found X-men to teach mutants using their powers, and ensure ideology of peace. they are a clandestin group. They go into conflict against Magneto and brotherhood. But when USA accepted superheroes, avengers or enhanced humans, Magneto calmed down and stayed inactive for some years (until 2017/2018, post Avengers 3 & 4)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"