Sequels If Disney do get the rights for X-Men

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If Disney do get the rights for X-Men if Disney do end up buying 20th Century Fox

If X-Men rights revert to Feige and company then how would the X-Men fit into the MCU?

The only way that that could happen is if they reboot the whole X-Men franchise from scratch

And honestly I do want to see the X-Men rights revert back to Marvel and why?

Because under Singer and the whole Fox umbrella this franchise hasn't been the success that people make it out to be

But under Feige under his direction I know he would be able to turn this franchise around and actually make people excited about X-Men in general

Well, there two ways the X Men could fit into the MCU.

The first way is the multi-verse, which basically keeps what Fox has done over a generation in canon without rebooting, but existing in an alternate universe which Dr Strange and other characters could access. You then can have Fassbender's Magneto, Stewart's Xavier, and Jackman's Logan meet RDJ and Evans depending on the plot.

The second way is to reboot the main X men characters and continuity, meaning everything with the team, the brotherhood, and Wolverine, while leaving other franchises Deadpool, New Mutants etc to do their own thing.

If they were to go with option 2, the best ,most natural inn to the mutant world would be Scarlett Witch given that she's Magneto's daughter.

Yes, she's an enhanced, but that's how I could see the rebooted Xmen finding a narrative in into the MCU.

In a post credit scene in Avengers 4 Wanda utters the words "Mutants"

Hopefully caps last words are I knew someone called Logan once (dies) (flashback)

Do a Secret Wars event. This can bring all the MCU heroes and villains to Battleworld, except that it also brings heroes from another reality there. These would be the X-Men.

So instead of all the heroes coming from earth as in the original story, and only minor supporting characters being alien species, they could have heroes coming from alternate earths. Then when they are sent back home, they are only able to go back to one reality, which is the MCU as we have known it all this time.

The mutants would be like refugees. And because they seem to be everywhere now when they weren't before, this could ramp up the hysteria and suspicion for them.

I am so ready for a new version of X-Men.

We've had 18 years of the Fox version, across 10 films so far, and with three more films in the can (Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, New Mutants), one in pre-production (Gambit) and several more in development (X-23, X Force, Multiple Man).

That's a good run by any standards. But the Fox adaptations have not always hit the right notes for me in many ways, even though i've also enjoyed them.

We already know how the Fox version ends. Xavier kills his own X-Men, Logan's clone kills Xavier, Wolverine dies on a tree stump. They've already told us how it all ends.

I would like to see F4 and X-Men as the next phase of the MCU. Mutants already exist, the X-Men are a small and newly-formed team. And with Xavier's vast psychic powers (and Forge or Beast's technological hacking) shielding them from general awareness and erasing any memories of them on the few small missions they have carried out (as he has done in the comics many times). Storm is introduced in the Black Panther franchise.

I just want to see characters like Rogue, Iceman, Psylocke, Storm, Bishop, Colossus, Beast, Angel be treated with more respect the thing is a lot of them didn't have a voice when it comes to being part of the team. Like when they were in the team, they didn't feel as important as Wolverine and Xavier, they were clearly written as secondary characters and I'm hoping they would feel more important as part of the team. The X-Men is an ensemble after all.

I would actually get shivers over that.

Like she says “yes, more mutants” lol

Wouldn't Wanda also be seen as a mutant given her powers

Nah she’s a mutate at the moment. Her powers were given to her in a lab

Wanda is enhanced human. When Disney will finalize deal and integrate X-men/F4, they could use "mutants" term.

But at the moment, Wanda and Pitro were basic humans before Hydra'experiments. Disney would retcon their origin ????

Yeah it wouldn’t be that hard.

Well yes with Pietro because you know

Just save the mutants in phase four. No need to connect them to Wanda who isn't even a mutant in the films.

However, it would make sense for Wanda to show up especially in an X-Men film especially under Disney/MCU umbrella especially in a cameo capacity

There are more better characters for that role, Wanda in the films isn't even an a-tier character.

Wanda is enhanced human. When Disney will finalize deal and integrate X-men/F4, they could use "mutants" term.

But at the moment, Wanda and Pitro were basic humans before Hydra'experiments. Disney would retcon their origin ????

Here is how they do it

Like Deadpool he had the mutant gene but experiments unlocked it.

For Pietro and Wanda just do the same thing they have always had the X-Gene the scepter just unlocked it and made it work. It could also be why only Pietro and Wanda survived the experiments the rest of the test subjects were baseline humans with no lurking mutant genes that could be activated.

Then they could be Magneto's children, in the same way Wade probably had someone in his family line with a mutant X-Gene.

Here is how they do it

Like Deadpool he had the mutant gene but experiments unlocked it.

For Pietro and Wanda just do the same thing they have always had the X-Gene the scepter just unlocked it and made it work. It could also be why only Pietro and Wanda survived the experiments the rest of the test subjects were baseline humans with no lurking mutant genes that could be activated.

Then they could be Magneto's children, in the same way Wade probably had someone in his family line with a mutant X-Gene.

This is really good.

I would've liked fox to follow-up on their teasers a bit. QS has two sisters in DOFP, one of which could very well be Wanda. Did that go nowhere? And the "Essex" teaser at the end of apocalypse. There's been no mention of Sinister anywhere as of yet but at least we're getting dazzler : D

Then who would be your MCU Cable under the Disney umbrella

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"