Weeknd

Blinding Lights plays almost as much as Billie Eilish's Everything I Wanted on my local radio station and that is a lot.

I knew when I heard the track for the first time that it would be even more popular than Heartless.
For real, the audio track on Youtube has over 100 million views, and Heartless isn't even like half of that. I feel like I'm the only person who likes Heartless more lol :grin:

People are ****es for 80's influenced bops. I Can't Feel My Face, Starboy, I Feel It Coming, Blinding Lights. Even that Ariana Grande song he was in.

What a guy

People are ****es for 80's influenced bops. I Can't Feel My Face, Starboy, I Feel It Coming, Blinding Lights. Even that Ariana Grande song he was in.
He has two more songs after Blinding Lights on the album that are 80s-esque as well.

Yeah he’s got a unique voice and all his songs are funky and have a good beat. :cwink:
They sure do. So when you say you've always liked him, do you mean you've been listening to his stuff since the mixtape/Trilogy days?

They sure do. So when you say you've always liked him, do you mean you've been listening to his stuff since the mixtape/Trilogy days?
I don’t know when he first came on to the scene but I liked his songs the first time I ever heard him (quite a few years ago) and just kept an eye out for him since. I’ve never not liked anything I’ve heard from him. I’m not all that knowledgeable about modern music and would struggle to name songs but I’d recognise them when I heard them.

I don’t know when he first came on to the scene but I liked his songs the first time I ever heard him (quite a few years ago) and just kept an eye out for him since. I’ve never not liked anything I’ve heard from him. I’m not all that knowledgeable about modern music and would struggle to name songs but I’d recognise them when I heard them.
Gotcha. I became a fan in 2015 when I kept hearing The Hills on the radio (where the gif in the OP originates), but after that, I went back to listen to all of his old music to properly re-discover him. 2015 is really when he became mainstream.

He started off in 2011 with 3 mixtapes, the first was House of Balloons. A year later all 3 of them were remastered and packaged in a compilation known simply as Trilogy.

My favorite song from that era is Wicked Games

Last edited:
Gotcha. I became a fan in 2015 when I kept hearing The Hills on the radio (where the gif in the OP originates), but after that, I went back to listen to all of his old music to properly re-discover him. 2015 is really when he became mainstream.

He started off in 2011 with 3 mixtapes, the first was House of Balloons. A year later all 3 of them were remastered and packaged in a compilation known simply as Trilogy.

This is my favorite song from that era (before it was even remastered):
Oh right nice. Thanks for the info. I had to remove the video as it has cursing but yeah it's good. I don't actually know the names of my favourite Weeknd songs. I'll have to do some research. :cwink:

Oh right nice. Thanks for the info. I had to remove the video as it has cursing but yeah it's good. I don't actually know the names of my favourite Weeknd songs. I'll have to do some research. :cwink:

you got moderator powers??
:thud:
man i didn't realize i gotta watch my back with you now lol. after all these years I would have hoped this forum would have relaxed with the no cursing rule

I haven't posted here in a while, part of the reason for that being I haven't been in the best headspace. But just dropping by to say I'm still listening; went through After Hours Deluxe again today.

EssentialWelloffBarb-size_restricted.gif

this video is too creepy for my taste, but I like the song. one of my favorite early tracks on the album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"