Wes Ball To Direct Live-Action Legend of Zelda Movie For Sony Pictures

I just played a lot of the older games on the Switch, so I'm really looking forward to this. I'm honestly surprised this didn't have a live action film sooner.

This isn't going to be an easy movie to pull off. I hope he's up to the task.

Look at Warcraft.

Not easy to pull of. On the one hand you have Redeads, Gibdos and Stalfos…on the other hand you have Bokoblins and Oktoroks

Back in 2010, long before Nintendo announced Ball as the guy in charge of the long-anticipated fantasy adaptation, and even before he had directed his first feature, The Maze Runner, the director tweeted that he thought an entirely mo-cap version of The Legend of Zelda, along the lines of James Cameron’s Avatar, would be a great idea. But after working with Weta FX on May’s mo-cap-intensive movie Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, it seems he has other things in mind for Link.

In an interview with Polygon, Ball said that an entirely mo-capped version The Legend of Zelda “probably isn’t his choice,” with a laugh. Instead, he said the project has to be a little more “grounded” and “real.” But Ball was also careful to say that he couldn’t say much about the movie just yet.

I wonder if Ball is thinking of casting his new Apes star Freya Allen as Zelda. The Apes movie could be a breakout role for her, and she’s great as Ciri on The Witcher. But I could also see her wanting to avoid another fantasy princess role to avoid typecasting. Still, I think she could be good.

aa625191-a0c2-4c05-be65-2fc90f0fde41_text.gif

Will there be a Hook shot? Will there be bombs attached to arrowheads?

Maze Runner is an underappreciated movie.

Taking words out of their context, ‘grounded’ doesn't really match with "whimsical" (lol)

Yeah people once again overreacted. Honestly I think he spoke really well about it. By grounded he just means we need to know the characters like seeing Frodo and Sam in Hobbiton before they go do all the travelling and action stuff. It’s not like that instantly means it has to be set in present day New York or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"