What actor or actors, do you own the most movies of?

warhorse78

Sidekick
Reaction score
Over time, you find that you have quite the collecting of certain actors, piling up on your home video shelves. Sometimes it's actually not intentional (I got an enormous Samuel L Jackson video library) and of course, the intentional ones (tons of Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman, Jeremy Renner and Will Smith movies/cameos)

Sigourney Weaver, Alien and Aliens. :) I have very few dvd movies, less than 10.

I actually took count out of curiosity a long time ago, here's every actor who appears in more than ten DVD's I own:

Christian Bale 11
Nicolas Cage 11
Robert De Niro 11
Vin Diesel 10
Robert Downey Jr 11
Jason Flemyng 10
Harrison Ford 10
Stan Lee 13
Samuel L. Jackson 23
Sven Ole-Thorsen 14
Ving Rhames 10
Arnold Schwarzenegger 17
Steven Seagal 11
Tom Sizemore 10
Sylvester Stallone 20
Jason Statham 19
Danny Trejo 11
Jean Claude Van Damme 14
Bruce Willis 19

Last edited:
Now, let me see.

*Looks at avatar and username*

Between Tarantino films, the Star Wars prequels, the Marvel films, Jurassic Park and more, probably Samuel L. Jackson.

Weirdly Elijah Wood :hehe:

I have 19 movies with him in (though some are VHS).

(Back to the Future Part 2, Radio Flyer, Huck Finn, The War, The Good Son, The Ice Storm, Flipper, Deep Impact, The Faculty, All I Want, Green Street, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Everything is Illuminated, Sin City, Happy Feet, 9, LOTR x 3)

Some are just coincidence, some I got on purpose back when I had an obsession with him in my early teens.

No other actor/actress comes close.

Last edited:
Considering I own every film, including tv movies, that Keira Knightley has made I am going with Keira. Barbara Stanwyck and Katherine Hepburn are right behind.

In terms of actors, definitely Jimmy Stewart.

It probably has to be Sean Connery.

The Longest Day
Dr. No
From Russia with Love
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever
Never Say Never Again
A Bridge Too Far
The Untouchables
Highlander
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Hunt for Red October
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
The Rock

That's 15. Second is probably Clint Eastwood or Gene Hackman.

Last edited:
As far as my collection goes:

Vincent Price, Peter Cushing and Samuel L. Jackson all hold the top of the list with 8 each;
Harrison Ford's got 7;
and there's 6 apiece between Roddy McDowall, Lon Chaney Jr. and Leonard Nimoy.

That's off the top of my head.

Probably Will Smith.

- MIB 1
- Enemy of the State
- Independence Day
- Pursuit of Happyness
- Ali
- Bad Boys 1 and 2

I'm in the process of sorting many of my movies by actors, so I will have an actual count later...but right now I have at least 63 movies of John Wayne.

Eastwood takes it with 6(Dollars Trilogy, Two Mules for Sister Sara, Joe Kidd, High Plains Drifter), De Niro second at 5(Jackie Brown, Heat, The Score, King of Comedy, Taxi Driver).

I may have to take a second look to be sure though.

-Clint Eastwood (I own almost all of his films, except for a few including Bloodwork and Pink Cadillac, even though I own the VHS copy of it.)
-Kate Winslet (almost all of them except Holy Smoke and Romance & Cigarettes.)

Now, I am working towards assembling my Sean Bean and Pete Postlethwaite collections, which are taking more time than I anticipated.

Ian McKellan (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, X-Men, X-2).

Though, that could very well become a tie with the addition of the The Dark Knight Rises.

If I had to guess, probably Jackie Chan.

Hmm, I don't have a lot of one actor, I tend to buy movies based on director or series. I think if I counted them it would probably be Clint Eastwood, though, I have the Dollars trilogy, Pale Rider, High Plains Drifter, etc. plus the Dirty Harry movies. Second might be Al Pacino, or, oddly, Morgan Freeman, since he's in all the Batman movies, Shawshank Redemption, Unforgiven (another Clint Eastwood movie) etc., although not as the lead, of course...

Christian Bale 11
Nicolas Cage 11
Robert De Niro 11
Vin Diesel 10
Robert Downey Jr 11
Jason Flemyng 10
Harrison Ford 10
Stan Lee 13
Samuel L. Jackson 23
Sven Ole-Thorsen 14
Ving Rhames 10
Arnold Schwarzenegger 17
Steven Seagal 11
Tom Sizemore 10
Sylvester Stallone 20
Jason Statham 19
Danny Trejo 11
Jean Claude Van Damme 14
Bruce Willis 19

Updated. I bought Hanna (2011) and this adds Jason Flemyng to the list.

Harry Potter guys - 8

Sean William Scott - 8
(American Pie 1-4, Role Models, Gary the Tennis Coach, Evolution, Southland Tales)

Bruce Willis - 8
(Die Hard 1-4, Sin City, 12 Monkeys, Red, 16 Blocks)

Then I have between 3 and 6 films of Nic Cage, Jim Carrey, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, Arnie, Denzel Washington and George Clooney..

I have more DVDs than anyone I know, but it is tiny in volume compared to everyone else here. Purely by accident, I have:

Eric Idle 5x (Baron Munchausen, Life of Brian, And Now For Something Completely Different, The Holy Grail, Transformers: the Movie)
Christopher Lee 4x (LOTR trilogy, The Last Unicorn)
Morgan Freeman 4x (Batman 1 and 2, Unforgiven, Seven)
Clint Eastwood 4x (Unforgiven, Dollars Trilogy)
Uma Thurman 4x (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill vols 1 and 2, Baron Munchausen)
Rest of the Pythons 3x (as Eric Idle, minus Transformers and Baron Munchausen)
Ken Watanabe 3x (Last Samurai, Inception, Batman Begins)
Samuel L. Jackson 3x (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 2, Inglorious Basterds)
Patrick Stewart 3x (Dune, Star Trek: First Contact, X-men 1)
Rest of the LOTR cast 3x

Last edited:
I forgot about all the Harry Potter films. Many of those actors I definitely have in the double digits. Alan Rickman, Michael Gambon, David Thewlis, Warwick Davis, Richard Griffiths, Helena Bonham Carter, and Robbie Coltrane for sure. Coltrane has 10 between Potter and Bond alone.

Samuel L Jackson 18
Johnny Depp 17
Sylvester Stallone 16
Brad Pitt 13
Gary Oldman 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"