• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What does Applebees put in their fajitas!?

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
Tonight, me and some of my friends went out to Applebees for dinner. One of the girls in our group ordered the sizzling fajitas, and when the waitress brought our orders, the smell of the spice on the fajitas was so strong that we all started coughing. Another girl in our group coughed so hard she had to use her asthma inhaler! And wouldn't you know it, when the girl finally tried the fajitas she complained that they were too spicy and traded with one of the guys. Seriously, do they season those things with bear mace?

Your first problem was going to Applebees.

I love spicy food. I put Tabasco sauce on just about everything I can, and I love hot wings. However, that was the first time where the smell of something spicy made me cough.

Sounds like Applebees needs to put a b**ch warning on their menu.

hahaha, I'm liking this feedback :up:

Sidenote, I had my first official alcoholic drink (legally) at an Applebees.

So, the girl coughed so hard at the smell of the food that she had to use her inhaler, but she still thought it would be a good idea to eat the food? Winner!

I don't know how Applebees is still even a company. Their food is awful. No wonder it was drowned in spices.

So, the girl coughed so hard at the smell of the food that she had to use her inhaler, but she still thought it would be a good idea to eat the food? Winner!

No, read my story a bit more carefully. The girl who had to use her inhaler wasn't the one who ordered the fajitas.

They are all labeled as "the girl" :csad: I agree with the other comments, though - Applebees is bad news.

Was Crapplebees the only place open? :huh:

Applebees continues to exist and do very well because in hundreds of 'average' towns and suburbs across North America, it really is the 'best' place to eat from a tastiness point of view. If you go to a lot of these places you'll find a bunch of low end pizza joints, burger shops, and perhaps something like a fish shack or farmer's market that is out of season for part of the year. They do a billion dollars in revenue every year because they're really good at giving people the sweet/fat/salty tastes at a low price.

Last edited:
I'd eat at an Applebee's as a last result normally if I'm closing out a mall and this is the only place open.

To call it the "best place to eat" usually means, you haven't ever eaten at a good restaurant before.

If you're in NJ/NY, sure. If you're out in smaller centres, choices are limited.

In a lot of places, going to an Applebees is a big deal. It's similar to how people in Moscow saved up to go to McDonalds in the early 2000s.

You just reminded me of this girl I use to work with from Kansas who thought a regular pizza was Pizza Hut.

I know, so many better Pizza places up and done in NJ.

But, even off the topic of limited selections. Out of the Theme restaurants, Applebees is near the bottom.

My town has an Applebee's, TGIFriday's, and Chili's in its shopping center. You go to Chili's when you want good drinks. You go to TGIFriday's when you're feeling brave. You go to Applebee's when you're not sure if Chili's and TGIFriday's are open.

My town has an Applebee's, TGIFriday's, and Chili's in its shopping center. You go to Chili's when you want good drinks. You go to TGIFriday's when you're feeling brave. You go to Applebee's when you're not sure if Chili's and TGIFriday's are open.
Aren't you in California? Where's the nearest In & Out? That's better than Fridays, Chilis and Applebees combined.

Should have sent it back, brah.

But serious. . . Applebees is for high school. If it's a budget thing, Publix has a great selection of easy-do-it meals, and **** it good. Save some cash and cook.

Aren't you in California? Where's the nearest In & Out? That's better than Fridays, Chilis and Applebees combined.

Other end of the shopping center. Believe me, their burgers and fries are amazing, but their menu has like 5 things on it. If I'm in the mood for a hamburger, a double burger, or a double-double burger, I'm there. If I want some sort of chickeny thing with a side of booze, I'm heading to Chili's.

I'd eat at an Applebee's as a last result normally if I'm closing out a mall and this is the only place open.

To call it the "best place to eat" usually means, you haven't ever eaten at a good restaurant before.

Ever gone to Applebees and told the waitress about your love life?

:awesome:

I only do that at Hooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"