What ever happened to Reuben Studdard?

I know his record label dropped him. I don't know what he's doing now. I'm not a fan of American Idol and for that matter, music in general. However, I've seen him interviewed a couple of times and he seems like a really nice guy. I wish him well.

last time, I heard he was trying to lose weight.

Just kidding, he wasn't a bad singer. Not sure what happened to him, but ironically, the runner up, Clay, gets more press than he.

I think its more strange that the white singers from that show gets more attention than from singers with any other ethnic background from the show. The most successful minority from the show is Jennifer Hudson and that was for acting and not singing. I am hoping Jordin Sparks do better than Blake Lewis this time around.

Jordin has an amazing voice. I'm surprised her album didn't do better right away, but maybe people are getting tired of so many American Idols flooding the music world. Because, it's not just the winners, obviously. At least as many who didn't win have album deals. If Jordin gets the right material, hopefully she'll do better.

He actually is still touring with his band.....

He enjoys smaller venues.....and tours a good portion of the year.

AOL did an update a few days ago, he seems to be doing well...

I'll be honest, I despise American Idol and everything that it stands for in our culture. Most of the "stars" that have come from it are marginal, talent-wise, and have a habit of turning out commercial tripe instead of something original, new and creative. So, I feel no remorse when I see people from that show fade away into obscurity, no matter how nice a person they might be.

jag

Jag, we need to work on your people skills.

[/will smith]

Jag, we need to work on your people skills.

[/will smith]

I want to hold you down and shave your head with a pair of electric clippers set on the Number 1 setting.

jag

I'll be honest, I despise American Idol and everything that it stands for in our culture. Most of the "stars" that have come from it are marginal, talent-wise, and have a habit of turning out commercial tripe instead of something original, new and creative. So, I feel no remorse when I see people from that show fade away into obscurity, no matter how nice a person they might be.

jag

Well thats cool, but apparently there are ALOT of people that don't share your philosophy.....

Well thats cool, but apparently there are ALOT of people that don't share your philosophy.....

Oh, I know. There also A LOT of people who eat McDonald's every day, ensure that movies like Aliens vs. Predator get sequels by buying tickets, pay ludicrous amounts of money for Hannah Montana tickets, listen to Britney Spears, care what Paris Hilton is doing, think Wal-Mart is the best place in the entire world and drive Ford Festivas. It's called "The Lowest Common Denominator" for a reason. I realize that sounds elitist, but the majority of the people in our society love absolute garbage.

jag

Jordin has an amazing voice. I'm surprised her album didn't do better right away, but maybe people are getting tired of so many American Idols flooding the music world. Because, it's not just the winners, obviously. At least as many who didn't win have album deals. If Jordin gets the right material, hopefully she'll do better.

i must admit, i do like her new single.

Oh, I know. There also A LOT of people who eat McDonald's every day, ensure that movies like Aliens vs. Predator get sequels by buying tickets, pay ludicrous amounts of money for Hannah Montana tickets, listen to Britney Spears, care what Paris Hilton is doing, think Wal-Mart is the best place in the entire world and drive Ford Festivas. It's called "The Lowest Common Denominator" for a reason. I realize that sounds elitist, but the majority of the people in our society love absolute garbage.

jag

Well I have to admit, I do not like the premise of American Idol......but I'm not going to take away the acknowledgement that the music business has made to some of these artists today.....I may not enjoy alot of artists music out there, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the praise they have received....

I may not agree with how they got into the music business, but a few of them are genuinely working their asses off, and take their music very seriously.....I won't take that away from them......I simply don't allow them in my CD player in my car....:yay: But then again, I can say that about alot of music artists out there....

I want to hold you down and shave your head with a pair of electric clippers set on the Number 1 setting.

jag

Haha, I'll let this one slide. You're just jealous:oldrazz:

jag

I don't do anything else on that list but now you've gone too far.:cmad:

I bet you haven't even heard her latest album.

Well I have to admit, I do not like the premise of American Idol......but I'm not going to take away the acknowledgement that the music business has made to some of these artists today.....I may not enjoy alot of artists music out there, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the praise they have received....

I may not agree with how they got into the music business, but a few of them are genuinely working their asses off, and take their music very seriously.....I won't take that away from them......I simply don't allow them in my CD player in my car....:yay: But then again, I can say that about alot of music artists out there....

I will admit that I'm probably more biased than most because I am a musician and I dislike seeing artists and bands that have a TON of amazing talent getting passed over so that some marginally talented person from American Idol can get a recording contract and get marketed to the moon and back (and lets face it, there are a lot of sheeple out there who will just buy whatever it is they are told to buy by the marketing machine). It really reflects everything that's wrong with the music industry today, IMHO.

The other thing that I dislike about American Idol is that it preys on people's weaknesses and lures them into embarrassing themselves on national television under the premise that this equals entertainment. It reinforces a very negative message in our culture that we should ridicule and mock people for their dreams and tear them down, viewing them as less than human and nothing more than something to entertain us before we dispose of them. It's a pretty sick thing when you think about it. I mean, it's not like the Gong Show where the people who were on it were pretty much in on the joke that they were doing stupid things and that was sort of the point of the show. Most of the people on American Idol have every ounce of their pride in what they're doing, whether warranted or not. And people tune in every week to see how nastily Simon will tear them down and reduce them to nothingness. Disgusting.

jag

Haha, I'll let this one slide. You're just jealous:oldrazz:

I don't do anything else on that list but now you've gone too far.:cmad:

I bet you haven't even heard her latest album.

Britney Spears is aural genocide.

AC_Power_Clippers.jpg

jag

He probably faded off into obscurity, and will show up on some trivia thing on VH 1 sometime. The guy was his own worst enemy. He didn't go on a diet, and his lack of looks probably hurt him a lot.

People who are heavy set or bad looking have no one to blame but themselves if they choose not to improve their looks or go on a diet, or get a makeover.

I will admit that I'm probably more biased than most because I am a musician and I dislike seeing artists and bands that have a TON of amazing talent getting passed over so that some marginally talented person from American Idol can get a recording contract and get marketed to the moon and back (and lets face it, there are a lot of sheeple out there who will just buy whatever it is they are told to buy by the marketing machine). It really reflects everything that's wrong with the music industry today, IMHO.

The other thing that I dislike about American Idol is that it preys on people's weaknesses and lures them into embarrassing themselves on national television under the premise that this equals entertainment. It reinforces a very negative message in our culture that we should ridicule and mock people for their dreams and tear them down, viewing them as less than human and nothing more than something to entertain us before we dispose of them. It's a pretty sick thing when you think about it. I mean, it's not like the Gong Show where the people who were on it were pretty much in on the joke that they were doing stupid things and that was sort of the point of the show. Most of the people on American Idol have every ounce of their pride in what they're doing, whether warranted or not. And people tune in every week to see how nastily Simon will tear them down and reduce them to nothingness. Disgusting.

jag

I stopped watching American Idol, during the first season...I think I've tuned into the finales, a couple of times, but honestly I couldn't tell you who has won during what year....

I do hear them on the radio, and I watched Carrie Underwood on Oprah the other day......I was impressed......and at this point....don't really care if they won AI, or not......I didn't watch them on that show.....if they can impress me as I listen now.....good for them. There is another...cannot remember her name to save my life, I don't really listen to country music that much, but she is getting all kinds of praise for her songwriting, that's cool. So, once they've moved on from this program, and they back up their talent with quality work. Cool....

He probably faded off into obscurity, and will show up on some trivia thing on VH 1 sometime. The guy was his own worst enemy. He didn't go on a diet, and his lack of looks probably hurt him a lot.

People who are heavy set or bad looking have no one to blame but themselves if they choose not to improve their looks or go on a diet, or get a makeover.

I've heard he's lost a substantial amount of weight but I don't care enough to go looking for pics or specs. Also, I'm pretty sure his looks weren't a big deal. The music industry has plenty of overweight artists in the past (Meat Loaf, B.I.G, Barry White) and it's been LOADED with ugly guys ( Iggy Pop, The Rolling Stones, Axel (Axl?) Rose, Bob Dylan, Steven Tyler..sheesh this list could on and on ) who have enjoyed extended success.

jag

HEY!!!

...Wal-Mart is awesome jag!

Wal-Mart: Always Low Prices. Always

TEDDY!

:twisted:

jag

That's an ironic statement. Movies like AVP are made mostly for people who read/post on message boards just like these.

Nobody remembers that guy who used to post here under the name of Reuben? He posted RS pics in everyone of his posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"