what gives you hope?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
when your down on your luck,or not sure of yourself, what makes you go on? is it the sense that you don't want to be a failure to everyone else?

for me its gotta be not letting the people i care for the most down. that no mater what hurdles gets in my way, i have to keep pushing through.

Not making myself look bad in front of family and friends. And like you said, not letting them down.
And especially God. He gives me hope too, of course.

I'm a cynic. I've learned not to hope. Hopes get you nowhere. Have dreams, have expectations, but never hope. Hoping is as effective as wishing. I say get off your butt and DO something rather than hoping for it.

As for intangibles people hope for like love...well i've been screwed over enough that I don't bother hoping for love. I figure i'm alone so I might as well just live with it.

"A man without fear is a man without hope..." I fear nothing but failure and losing those I love...hope is nowhere to be found.

The knowledge that I'll forget about it if I ignore it long enough, until it comes back. Yes, I'm currently in an emo-pit of self-loathing and hate for the world.

my family,and God

(atheist don't even quote this I'm not starting an argument)

I don't think I'd call it hope, but I know that as bad as things get for me, there are people who are much worse off. That and I don't like letting myself down.:huh:

unstoppable said:
my family,and God

Crap! I forgot God!:(

*edits post*

Seriously, that's a big one for me.:up:

webhead731 said:
Crap! I forgot God!:(

*edits post*

Seriously, that's a big one for me.:up:

Damn, you're right...

I do have a little hope from God...:up:

George Carlin
If nature can create such an individual, then there is still hope for the human race.

edward-james-olmos1.jpg

Hope in God, and hope in realizing the potential compassion all human beings are capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"