Age of Ultron What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
Like what if Joss decides to kill off a third or even half the cast since everyone is expecting him to kill somebody anyway? Imagine if he confirms most fan speculation and decides to use it as feedback to kill War Machine, Baron Von Struker, Heimdal, Darcy, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Abomination, Quicksilver, Nick Fury, Crossbones, General Ross/Red Hulk, Happy Hogan, Winter Soldier, Hulk, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Pepper Potts, Jane Foster, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Agent Coulson (again), Captain America, Betty Ross, Doctor Selvig and Hawkeye within two hours.

The only survivors are Thor, Loki and Leader. The latter two only survive because they don't actually appear in the film.

Avengers 3 is where Iron Man is a flashback, the rest stay dead and Thor teams up with Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, She-Hulk and Black Panther with Vision joining the team as well.

Last edited:
1452187-313660-silhouette-of-the-man-pointing-gun-to-his-head-ready-to-commit-suicide.jpg

Its not going to happen. Marvel doesn't even think Ultimatum was a good idea in the comics.

Too risky. The MCU is basically just the Avengers Cinematic Universe. They're not gonna kill of half of the cast

Will never happen most likely so yeah.

Kill all of those people and then what in A3? Thanos wins because only like 4 people are around to fight him? Haha.

No thanks. I wanna see like 15 heros vs him, that would be incredible.

Ultimatum killed the Ultimate Marvel Universe, it didn't matter how good the stories that came after were, it was just a bullet it hasn't been able to heal from and probably never will

Ultimatum killed the Ultimate Marvel Universe, it didn't matter how good the stories that came after were, it was just a bullet it hasn't been able to heal from and probably never will
Heh. Read up on what Reed Richards has been up to since Ultimatum and you may change your mind.

The biggest issue with the Ultimate line since Ultimatum is that Marvel dialed back their focus on the entire imprint. For that matter, the damage had already been done before Ultimatum, as the only reason they went with such a drastic status quo shake-up is because they kept retreading old stories, so the Ultimate U simply felt redundant after a while.

If Whedon fulfills this worst-case scenario that has no factual founding, I will eat my loafers. Without salt.

Heh. Read up on what Reed Richards has been up to since Ultimatum and you may change your mind.

The biggest issue with the Ultimate line since Ultimatum is that Marvel dialed back their focus on the entire imprint. For that matter, the damage had already been done before Ultimatum, as the only reason they went with such a drastic status quo shake-up is because they kept retreading old stories, so the Ultimate U simply felt redundant after a while.

Uhm, i have, And i love the character :o And i love Hickman's run in Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates too. My point still stands, i think that the stories that came after Ultimatum have mostly been very good, but the event has still killed the brand, and it's constantly trying to get atention again with multiple relaunches, yet it's no longer half as popular as it used to be.

That's the thing, if you give an aweful event and kill too many favorite characters, it doesn't matter how good the stories after are, you simply will have a lot of problems in getting your audience back.

Uhm, i have, And i love the character :o And i love Hickman's run in Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates too. My point still stands, i think that the stories that came after Ultimatum have mostly been very good, but the event has still killed the brand, and it's constantly trying to get atention again with multiple relaunches, yet it's no longer half as popular as it used to be.

That's the thing, if you give an aweful event and kill too many favorite characters, it doesn't matter how good the stories after are, you simply will have a lot of problems in getting your audience back.

*koff* Heroes Reborn *koff*

All Marvel needs to do is throw Franklin Richards into the mix: problem solved. :oldrazz:

Well, that was the mainstream Marvel Universe, with the characters from that universe it's hard to not keep getting sales, Ultimate Marvel was a different imprint for new readers, and by making it so complicated they lost their oun audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"