What Is Your Political Affiliation?

I consider myself to be a Constitutionalist. I believe that we need to follow the Constitution far more closely and strictly.

Overall, I'm more of a liberal/libertarian registered Republican.

I consider myself a moderate, but everytime I take that test, I come back pretty close to Ghandi. (Politically, not in achievement)

For the sake of this - I went Republican Libertarian. I don't necessarily consider myself a "Republican", but of the two major parties - I will almost always side with them.

If a viable libertarian party emerged, I would jump ship in a hurray - but as it is, I would rather work inside the party and mold it to the libertarian roots it has.

Pretty much the same. I'm registered republican, though I don't agree with the republicans we have now (not most of them anyway). I should have picked conservative too, but I'm liberal on social issues.

Republican Libertarian. But you could simply youtube Ron Paul if you want to know my views. The only thing I found I disagree with him on is his pro-life stance.

Jag, I am interested in what aspects do you consider yourself libertarian?

I'm a very strong advocate of civil liberties and don't like the government interfering in the rights of the individual, particularly at a Federal level. Freedom of speech and the right to believe what one wants are hot buttons for me, even for people that I adamantly disagree with. The rights of the individual are very important to me; as long as people aren't harming anyone else, let them be from a governmental perspective. I'm also very big on encroachment of personal property as an issue again, particularly by the government (the abuse of eminent domain laws is out of hand in this country, as an example). I'm big on State's rights and government and I have a major issue with the Federal government granting special privileges and tax breaks to many businesses and corporations (particularly ones that do alot of offshoring of critical American jobs that carry a lot of intellectual property out of our country). I view the wealth disparity between the obscenely rich in our country and the middle/lower classes as unacceptable (especially since the ones with all the money tend to be in power and do things that ensure their continued wealth and power rather than what's good for everyone as a whole). I'm against government spend waste, particularly at the Federal level and feel that we are overtaxed in order to support government programs that aren't to the benefit of this country. I despise what Democracy has become in this country as I don't believe that it truly represents the majority and, instead, has become hijacked by a zealous, vocal minority who have their eyes on power and wealth.

That said, I also have some views more in line with Objectivism as well, particularly around letting a free capitalist market truly be free and function on it's own (part of why I have problems with the Federal Government using taxpayer dollars to bail out businesses that can't run themselves such as some of the airlines, and giving tax breaks and legal preference to corporations and businesses).

jag

I'm a very strong advocate of civil liberties and don't like the government interfering in the rights of the individual, particularly at a Federal level. Freedom of speech and the right to believe what one wants are hot buttons for me, even for people that I adamantly disagree with. The rights of the individual are very important to me; as long as people aren't harming anyone else, let them be from a governmental perspective. I'm also very big on encroachment of personal property as an issue again, particularly by the government (the abuse of eminent domain laws is out of hand in this country, as an example). I'm big on State's rights and government and I have a major issue with the Federal government granting special privileges and tax breaks to many businesses and corporations (particularly ones that do alot of offshoring of critical American jobs that carry a lot of intellectual property out of our country). I view the wealth disparity between the obscenely rich in our country and the middle/lower classes as unacceptable (especially since the ones with all the money tend to be in power and do things that ensure their continued wealth and power rather than what's good for everyone as a whole). I'm against government spend waste, particularly at the Federal level and feel that we are overtaxed in order to support government programs that aren't to the benefit of this country. I despise what Democracy has become in this country as I don't believe that it truly represents the majority and, instead, has become hijacked by a zealous, vocal minority who have their eyes on power and wealth.

That said, I also have some views more in line with Objectivism as well, particularly around letting a free capitalist market truly be free and function on it's own (part of why I have problems with the Federal Government using taxpayer dollars to bail out businesses that can't run themselves such as some of the airlines, and giving tax breaks and legal preference to corporations and businesses).

jag
You do know Jag, that the section I high-lighted would be solved with the FairTax Right? The only reason these jobs are leaving this country is because of our punishing tax code. Not because of Corporate "greed" that so many people believe it to be. If we as a country could allieviate the burdensome tax code, expect not only jobs to remain in this country, but those jobs to come back, and bring more with them.

I agree with you 100%, your freedoms and liberties are being slow eaten away by our government, and the people is letting them do it because of shiny new promises every generation. We cannot allow this to happen. The road from Freedom to Bondage is a short drive.

I voted for all of them. I'm voting for a democrat (Obama) but I recognize on this board the majority is democrat so trying to space this out a bit :)

In the last two elections I voted once for a democrat and once for a republican. You figure that one out.

That being said, I am from Massachussetts so being an indepdent allows me to make fun of both political affiliations. That is the real reason I am an independent, for the jokes.

You do know Jag, that the section I high-lighted would be solved with the FairTax Right? The only reason these jobs are leaving this country is because of our punishing tax code. Not because of Corporate "greed" that so many people believe it to be. If we as a country could allieviate the burdensome tax code, expect not only jobs to remain in this country, but those jobs to come back, and bring more with them.

I agree with you 100%, your freedoms and liberties are being slow eaten away by our government, and the people is letting them do it because of shiny new promises every generation. We cannot allow this to happen. The road from Freedom to Bondage is a short drive.

Ehhh, make no mistake, corporate greed is at the heart of it. While Fair Tax might help alleviate some of these issues, there are other factors at play such as labor and exchange rates in other countries not to mention very loose or even non-existent tax concerns in those countries that make offshoring very attractive to corporations.

jag

I voted for all of them. I'm voting for a democrat (Obama) but I recognize on this board the majority is democrat so trying to space this out a bit :)

By voting for all of them you essentially leave the poll unchanged in terms of percentages. :huh:

jag

Wasn't for percentage... A political statement, see the post :o

Okay...

You basically stated that you are a Democrat but you wanted to level things out since the majority of the board is also Democrat, thus indicating that you were intending to vote to skew the results of the poll to be less Democratically favored. But, by voting for all of the choices available you didn't accomplish that (or anything else, really).

jag

Okay...

You basically stated that you are a Democrat but you wanted to level things out since the majority of the board is also Democrat, thus indicating that you were intending to vote to skew the results of the poll to be less Democratically favored. But, by voting for all of the choices available you didn't accomplish that (or anything else, really).

jag

No I wasn't indicating that. Tell me where I said I was indicating that... I wasn't trying to skew anything or I wouldn't have voted for ALL of the choices. My point was that even being affiliated with democrats I would not put all my eggs into that basket, but consider all groups depending on situation. Don't tell me why I did something, I can tell you that.

No I wasn't indicating that. Tell me where I said I was indicating that... I wasn't trying to skew anything or I wouldn't have voted for ALL of the choices. My point was that even being affiliated with democrats I would not put all my eggs into that basket, but consider all groups depending on situation. Don't tell me why I did something, I can tell you that.

You should have just said that to begin with because your previous statement didn't make that clear. I was just trying to understand your logic is all.

jag

Liberal registered Democrat though occasionally i hear an independent who moves me but they never make it far enough for me to vote for them in the bigger elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"