What real Right do Humans have Over this Planet???

Just yesterday I read many of the replys you wrote in the "womans day/woman gets 90 lashes in saudia arabia" thread. You done a very good job of explaining that there should be a moral standard of which people should live by and you done it with conviction by using words such as 'shouldn't', 'should' ect. And now you're saying that the standards of the laws that we have embedded in our conscience are all relative?

What gives?

Read this

:huh:

It....proves my point.

Every time I say "People 'shouldn't' do this or that.", that's ME speaking, from my personal view.

Notice how I say they "shouldn't" be doing that and yet....*bOiNg*...they're DOING it?!?

That's because, while I can say how I think humanity should behave, and it may even overlap with how a majority of people think, I can't enforce it, because a right is GRANTED, and I don't enumerate, and then grant "rights".

Within the context of a sovereign government, where they have the POWER to enforce laws, yes, in the microcosm they can grant "rights".

But the question of whether or not we, as a race, have "the right" to do anything.....that's absurd, until there's one government that rules over all humanity.

:huh:

It....proves my point.

Every time I say "People 'shouldn't' do this or that.", that's ME speaking, from my personal view.

Notice how I say they "shouldn't" be doing that and yet....*bOiNg*...they're DOING it?!?

That's because, while I can say how I think humanity should behave, and it may even overlap with how a majority of people think, I can't enforce it, because a right is GRANTED, and I don't enumerate, and then grant "rights".

Within the context of a sovereign government, where they have the POWER to enforce laws, yes, in the microcosm they can grant "rights".

But the question of whether or not we, as a race, have "the right" to do anything.....that's absurd, until there's one government that rules over all humanity.

But your arguement yesterday was mainly of you pointing out that just because it was a different culture doesn't mean what they were doing wasn't evil...

Oh well, I hope you read that anyway.

But your arguement yesterday was mainly of you pointing out that just because it was a different culture doesn't mean what they were doing wasn't evil...

Oh well, I hope you read that anyway.
Yeah, but you're ignoring the key element there.

ME pointing out that they're evil.
But, sadly, I'm not some world authority that people consult with to define the standards of their morality.
Case in point...the people who revere that backwards religious sharia law, would say that I'M evil and that THEY are doing the right thing.

The point in this thread is...notice how "rights" work?
THEY read YOU your rights.
THEY tell YOU what YOUR rights are.
Because rights are conferred by an authority TO a subservient.

But as a race, there is no great "authority" to confer the "right" for us to do anything, or to tell us what we're not allowed to do.
We choose to do what we do, and if we can do it, we do it. And then we're subject to 'cause and effect'.

Even the idea of "Human Rights" is absurd...because it's a case of a wannabe global authority saying "Hey! You have no right to murder a million of your fellow Africans! :cmad::csad:"

......usually, after a million Africans have been slaughtered. :o
If people would like to wake up to reality, there's no such thing as a human "right".
All there is is power, and lack of power, and individuals or groups motivated by desire for some outcome, either trying to consolidate power and TAKE what they want, MAKE what they want to have happen happen, or, people who lack the power to manipulate events in that way.

All there is is power, and lack of power, and individuals or groups motivated by desire for some outcome, either trying to consolidate power and TAKE what they want, MAKE what they want to have happen happen, or, people who lack the power to manipulate events in that way.

So you are saying that the person or the people who have the power also have the right; The right to do whatever the hell they want.

So you are saying that the person or the people who have the power also have the right; The right to do whatever the hell they want.
Not at all.
I'm saying that there is no such thing as a "right" to do something, as a human race, because rights are granted by an authority, but there IS no higher authority that is recognized by the entire human race in totality.

We say "You guys over there have no RIGHT to do that! :cmad:"

They say, "Says who? You? F*** you. We do TOO have the right to do it."

There, is a conflict of belief, and the only way it will be resolved is

1) Parties A and B talk it over and decide to try and co-exist and compromise, which is still not a case of "rights", but only a case of coming to an agreement with regards to behavior.

2) Party A keeps saying "Stop doing that!" and party B ignores their request and continues to do what they want to do.

3) Party A uses their POWER to coerce party B into compliance.

Isn't all this obvious? :huh:

Not at all.
I'm saying that there is no such thing as a "right" to do something, as a human race, because rights are granted by an authority, but there IS no higher authority that is recognized by the entire human race in totality.

We say "You guys over there have no RIGHT to do that! :cmad:"

They say, "Says who? You? F*** you. We do TOO have the right to do it."

There, is a conflict of belief, and the only way it will be resolved is

1) Parties A and B talk it over and decide to try and co-exist and compromise, which is still not a case of "rights", but only a case of coming to an agreement with regards to behavior.

2) Party A keeps saying "Stop doing that!" and party B ignores their request and continues to do what they want to do.

3) Party A uses their POWER to coerce party B into compliance.

Isn't all this obvious? :huh:

I understand your points. But even if Parties A and B come to an compromise, who is to say that either of the two is correct in their beliefs?

Right.

The answer is no one, and everyone.

They'll say they're "right". Others might say they're not.
But there is no global, universally revered authority who tells us with 100% certainty, by merit of it's indisputed status as arbitor of the standard of morality, that they're "right" or "wrong".

If there was such an authority, IT would confer "rights" to us, and then we could talk about whether or not humanity has or has not the "right" to do or say anything.

Yay, it only took 20 minutes to get my point across. Nice, Hype.:up:

Naw, the Hype needs to work on getting up to the same standards of reliability and smooth-coolness that are maintained by all the other boards I visit. ;)

Naw, the Hype needs to work on getting up to the same standards of reliability and smooth-coolness that are maintained by all the other boards I visit. ;)

I didn't know boards like that existed. :huh:

Humans have no rights over anything,we simply tend to the planet.We are animals,simply smarter than the rest.

tend....is not the right word, more like babysitt, we just sit there and watch TV as the little toddler chockes to deatn on a plastic bag :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"