DC Films What should the DCU opening intro look like?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If this universe takes off and actually becomes a universe much like Marvel, then what should the DC movie opening intro look like before the movie starts? For me I would make it similar to Marvel in the sense you give it a good intro like an iconic epic opera/rock theme and in the highlights you showcase every superhero in the universe but also in that same intro you show highlights of whatever DCU movie you're set to watch...similar to how Marvel's opening intro is. Under Gunn, you have somewhat of a similar opening intro but DC style with the DC emblem popping up on the screen.

The MCU logo is such a wank. DC would be far better off just going with a short, sharp and classy logo.

8my65q.gif

Something animating where it all began.

Last edited:
Hmmm a simple DC animated logo should be enough.

Including characters that might never show up when all things are said and done (looking at GL in the previous DC bit), won't age well.

I’d say riff on that Superman: The Movie opening with the comic book just a little bit…

I’d say riff on that Superman: The Movie opening with the comic book just a little bit…

I would say it is a good opening for Superman only but I'm talking about for DCU movies as a whole going forward

This might sound wild, but picture this:

You are in a theater. The previews end. The lights go down. The screen goes black then this flashes on the screen:
IMG_4112.jpeg
Screen goes black again and then this appears:
IMG_4114.jpeg
Black screen again. Then the film title.

I’m all for simplicity and minimalism with this.

This might sound wild, but picture this:

You are in a theater. The previews end. The lights go down. The screen goes black then this flashes on the screen:
View attachment 88554
Screen goes black again and then this appears:
View attachment 88556
Black screen again. Then the film title.

I’m all for simplicity and minimalism with this.
That seems too simple and honestly that would be so boring

I was actually kidding, but something similar with all the heroes would be cool.

Last edited:
That seems too simple and honestly that would be so boring
The logos are like 5 seconds of the film. I don’t need anything fancy.

I could, however, be persuaded to get behind an opening crawl or preludes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"