What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
onesheet.jpg

I've watched this yesterday and it was pretty good but I wish the runtime was a bit longer.

SoylentGreen_V1.gif

SOYLENT GREEN (1973)
Quality = 9/10
Joy = 7/10

Definitely a well made movie, and I wanted to watch it cause I felt like John Wagner and his fellows who worked on Judge Dredd comics took some inspiration from this movie. Sadly, I did not enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.

It's funny when a future movie from past decades/century imagine what the world would be like the day we're experiencing, and our experience is pretty different from what these stories imagine.
onesheet.jpg

I've watched this yesterday and it was pretty good but I wish the runtime was a bit longer.
I love the Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, and Mirai is another cute movie. I'll definitely be checking this one out.

MV5BNTNlNjIxNjktOWUyMS00YWY5LWEwZGItMjZmODJlZWNiZGM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_.jpg

CHILD’S PLAY (2019)
Directed by Lars Klevberg.

Delivering on what’s usually expected in the genre such as gruesome imagery and dark humor, this remake of the classic horror film also brings some nice ideas to the table, such as a justified parallel with Spielberg's cinema of the 80s. But there are also a few flaws, the main one being that Chucky isn't really the same character anymore, with the story instead offering a variation on the whole "killer doll" concept. The film would certainly have benefited from completely cutting all ties with the franchise to become something more on its own. It would also have avoided the wrath of disappointed fans...
To sum it up simply: a “bad” remake but still an entertaining slasher.​

MV5BMTY3MjM1Mzc4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM0NzAxMDE@._V1_.jpg

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (1971)
Directed by Stanley Kubrick.

After what’s probably one of the most haunting movie intros of all time, and until its end, the film never loosens its grip. Iconic shots and sequences every few minutes. Plenty of memorable lines to quote. And perhaps above all, a mischievous Malcolm McDowell exhaling his charisma through his interpretation of the cruel Alex. Burgess black satire brought to the big screen by Kubrick's incredible sense of style certainly didn't usurp its status as a masterpiece.
The (also brilliant) soundtrack, by marrying the warmth of classical music to synthetic sounds, is a perfect illustration of the film : grandiose and cold.

Last edited:
The Tragedy of Macbeth (2021)
Maang taam / Blind Detective (2013)
Boot Hill Bandits (1942)

81S+tpHyyhL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
91wfVii+QFL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
919TSF21WAL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
A1iWhwXfMwL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg
81KVTQQw-oL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Last Night In Soho
(2021) :up::up:
Wendy