What's the Last Book You Read/Finished? - Part 1 Page 1 Chapter 1 Paragraph - Part 4

B is for burglar -- Sue Grafton

Moby Dick. Slow read, great book, much info dump.

A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Paton, Sheila Heen

The God's Eye view -- Barry Eisler

Pirate Latitudes--- Micheal Crichton

The Lunatic cafe -- Laurell K. Hamilton

The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President -- Bandy Lee

C is for corpse -- Sue Grafton

18910045.jpg

Biblical Commentary on 2 Peter, Jude -- Douglas Moo

Everybody dies -- Lawrence Block

Do You Believe in Magic? The Sense and Nonsense of Alternative Medicine -- Paul Offit

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

The book follows an assortment of events in the life of two young Indian twins in the subcontinent, during the 1960s, with occasional flash-forwards to the pair as adults. The story is compelling but extremely depressing and at times alarming. Some of the major themes include trauma (especially childhood trauma), social stratification, especially through the lens of the Indian caste system, the post-colonial status of Indian culture, competing political ideologies (capitalism, marxism), sexuality and gender roles.

It's hard to get through with the time jumps at first, though I eventually got through it.

I wonder would it eventually be adapted into a television mini-series. To me it would be too hard to condense into a movie without streamlining the narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJRNNaHyi7Y

Taboo --Casey Hill

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"