The Winter Soldier the winter soldier bluray release date?

Should be by the time GotG comes out. 2 more months.

Oh yeah I was thinking that because they seem to like to use the current DvD as advertisement for the next MCU film

Wondering if that will be the steelbook cover tho. TDW's had a different cover than the main posters

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER arrives on DVD/Blu-ray September 9th
34flfo6.jpg

24mck1l.jpg

Making-of-Featurettes
Audio Commentary
Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
And More…

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/...captain_america_the_winter_soldier_on_blu-ray

Last edited:
It doesn't say what the Marvel One-Shot's title will be :csad:

Was really hoping a July release for this. :(

Why? I wonder why they wouldn't make a one-shot for this (one of their most critically and commercially acclaimed) films?

late release and no one-shot? I don't know if I'm just disappointed or really, really sad

This sucks. The one-shot is by far the #1 reason I purchase the blu ray DVD's. I don't care about deleted scenes or bloopers or audio commentary. I was going to sign up and pre-order this like I did all the others before it, then watch it as soon as it comes in.

However, it will get on my "items I'm interested in for Christmas" list, which means I'll not get it before the end of the year. In all likelihood, I'll purchase it next year at Wal-Mart when it finds its way to the bargain bin.

Disappointed on many fronts (again) with Marvel's releases since Disney took over full distribution. Another release with no BR/DVD combo pack, release date is not going to coincide with GotG's theatrical release, and they picked another bad cover shot. I'll still buy this but not sure which version now.

My only complaint is that it's such a long wait haha. September, god damn.

My only complaint is that it's such a long wait haha. September, god damn.
I don't get why it's so late, especially with GotG releasing and them not using TWS to promote it. I'm wondering if they're putting it so late so they can possibly add a first-look at AoU.

I don't get why it's so late, especially with GotG releasing and them not using TWS to promote it. I'm wondering if they're putting it so late so they can possibly add a first-look at AoU.

That's a possibility, I agree with you I thought they would've had it right before GOTG.

Well, maybe part of it is because this is still in theaters and it probably will be for another 2 weeks or so. Maybe a July release is just too soon since it'll likely still be in theaters in June.

September? I thought I saw on the front page of SHH that the release date was in August. And why no One Shot here? They couldn't get something together? They couldn't think what to do?

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/0...st-bluray-release-dates-and-antman-directors/

They are probably dealing with all of the fallout from Edgar Wright leaving and have to put all of their resources going forward into making sure that and Avengers work. Guardians is a big risk for them and if it doesn't pan out, as well as Antman, than Marvel will be in a bit of trouble in the public eye. SHIELD gave us enough asgardians anyway so I'm ok with no one-shot.

As a couple of other people have said, I hate that there's no One Shot. Those are some of my favorite parts of the Bluray. I love seeing what happened between the movies and behind the main plot of these stories. To me, they add a whole new perspective to the MCU. And it means even more to the fans when they do something like they did with Agent Carter and All Hail the King. Those weren't just little side stories. They took on a personality of their own and became their own story respectively. I mean, one led to a TV series and another changed the entire face of one of the most mysterious storylines in the MCU to date (The Ten Rings question and hype).

It surprises me because they know fans love them, they know they get attention, they aren't expensive to make, they take virtually no time to film and little time to edit and they don't really HAVE to go out and get big name stars for them. Sure, they had Hayley Atwell and Ben Kingsley in a couple. But look at A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer. Clark Gregg was still a nobody, the other cast members were basically extras, it was filmed in one location and it was still one of the most entertaining pieces of film in the MCU (IMO at least). And there's so much they can do, some of which they already have some footage of that they can use (Damage Control cleaning up after the events of CATWS, as seen in the background of AOS).

Do one about Damage Control cleaning up DC, or show Agent (Eric) Koening or both Koenigs, really, doing his thing at Providence, playing Call of Duty. You know Patton Oswalt would LOVE to do it, being the comic book nerd he is. A more expensive one would be to bring Renner back as Hawkeye to film a mission of him and a team of field agents during the events of TWS, with him getting a warning from Natasha about HYDRA, his entire team being HYDRA sleeper agents and him having to fight them off.

Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed. I'll still get the Bluray, probably the week it comes out (for the sale prices), but I won't exactly be counting the days until the release at this point.

And the release date! It's not like fans are going to feel they need to get the movie in preparation of anything. AOS Season 2 will likely debut a week or two after, but TWS won't lead right into it (AOS Season 1 will). And it will be after the excitement of GOTG is already over, so you won't get those rush fans or anything. Really, what would've been smart is to release an exclusive, digital motion comic of the GOTG prequel comics on the CATWS Bluray special features for fans and GA members that aren't too familiar with the GOTG, and release it July 8th or 15th. And throw a comedic One Shot on there about Agent Koenig and you're golden. I would rush to pick the Bluray up on my way to work at 5:30 AM.

Ok, sorry, rant over. Whew.

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/0...st-bluray-release-dates-and-antman-directors/

They are probably dealing with all of the fallout from Edgar Wright leaving and have to put all of their resources going forward into making sure that and Avengers work. Guardians is a big risk for them and if it doesn't pan out, as well as Antman, than Marvel will be in a bit of trouble in the public eye. SHIELD gave us enough asgardians anyway so I'm ok with no one-shot.

There is probably truth in this. Marvel is releasing a ton of films over a relatively short period. I am disappointed by no One Shot, but my main attraction to the Blu Ray is this wonderful movie, which I will buy day one for sure :cap:

I'm a bit disappointed on the lack of a one-shot, but what's really irritating me here is no Blu-ray/Dvd/Digital combo pack. Again.
In order to get the digital copy of T:TDW, I had to buy the 3D blu-ray/blu-ray/digital pack, even though I don't have a 3D TV and don't think I ever will.

Enough people complained about that when T:TDW came out I hoped they'd release a Blu-ray/DVD pack this time. No such luck. *sigh*

I thought when it happened with TDW that it would be an ongoing trend, and it appears I was right.

Really disappointed by the lack of one shot. Then again, my idea was a fairly ambitious one (a "Warriors Three" one shot, given the trend to base it on the previous movie). I thought 10-15 minutes with them and maybe another lesser Thor villain would be a blast. Sort of similar to the Lorelei episode of Agents of SHIELD. I hope it's not a sign of things to come and is, instead, a temporary aberration.

I'm shocked it's still that far away for the release date, I've been wanting to watch this again for awhile now but will just have to be patient for a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"