When Shows Collide: Television Crossovers Through The Ages

Although they were part of the same 1966 HB Adventure Hero bloc, they were separate cartoons, however Space Ghost did crossover into several of the other shows.

Herculoids
3031402768_dc4692a3b9_z.jpg

Moby Dick
3031402632_19d888468d_z.jpg

Shazaan
3030564371_796f483315_z.jpg

Mightor
3031402510_3ea5a03d05_z.jpg

As well as in the 80s Space Stars relaunch Jan & Jayce crossed over into the The Teen Force segments.
1620869_1490983874894_full.jpg
kidcome2.jpg

Still later 2011 they crossed over into Batman Brave and the Bold
tumblr_lncocjK2rw1qd3fj1o1_1280.png

da556464cccdd32415c985aae1f6413a--kartoon-space-ghost.jpg

Last edited:
I remember a crossover between the original Law & Order and Homicide a long time ago.

Good Girls did a very subtle crossover with Superstore in which the girls went shopping at a Cloud 9 store.

And it's probably been mentioned already but if not, there's NBC's Expanded Chicago Universe (ECU).

I remember a crossover between the original Law & Order and Homicide a long time ago.

Good Girls did a very subtle crossover with Superstore in which the girls went shopping at a Cloud 9 store.

And it's probably been mentioned already but if not, there's NBC's Expanded Chicago Universe (ECU).

And Chicago ties in to Law & Order SVU which ties into Homicide Life On The Street.

Like Good Girls used the same store as Superstore, the Sons of Anarchy dropped some of the street gang names from The Shield.

[YT]tL9RVMZnwn0[/YT]

Although they were part of the same 1966 HB Adventure Hero bloc, they were separate cartoons, however Space Ghost did crossover into several of the other shows.

Herculoids
3031402768_dc4692a3b9_z.jpg

Moby Dick
3031402632_19d888468d_z.jpg

Shazaan
3030564371_796f483315_z.jpg

Mightor
3031402510_3ea5a03d05_z.jpg

As well as in the 80s Space Stars relaunch Jan & Jayce crossed over into the The Teen Force segments.
1620869_1490983874894_full.jpg
kidcome2.jpg

Still later 2011 they crossed over into Batman Brave and the Bold
tumblr_lncocjK2rw1qd3fj1o1_1280.png

da556464cccdd32415c985aae1f6413a--kartoon-space-ghost.jpg

Oh yeah, I totally remember that bit which was always a fave of mine. I've always thought that a re-launch of those properties as a shared universe is a no brainer.

8154dec45a9eaef06712d83330c4c0ca.jpg

Oh yeah, I totally remember that bit which was always a fave of mine. I've always thought that a re-launch of those properties as a shared universe is a no brainer.

DC have done exactly that "re-launch those properties as a shared universe" in their comics.
DC/WB now own most of the classic Hanna Barbera created library, that includes all the Hanna Barbera World of Super Adventure Heroes. (minus of course F4 which were at the time licensed from Marvel)
With Jonny Quest as a bit of the tentpole, in a series called Future Quest, which has most of them crossing over into a shared universe adventure:
-Jonny Quest
-Space Ghost
-The Herculoids
-Birdman
-Galaxy Trio,
-Buzz Conroy and Frankenstein Jr.
-The Impossibles
-Mightor

Drawn and conceptualized by Doc Shaner, whose charming style somewhat invokes the great Alex Toth.
And they actually did it without getting needlessly grimdark self-loathing and cynical, without half of everyone murdered, crippled, raped, or insane. So of course it hasn't gotten any buzz. LOL.

If you are a fan of these characters and haven't already, you should definitely check it out.
bshsrva6mva7wpfcskv2.jpg

83140_900x900.jpg

Actually getting it back as an animated TV series next, would be incredible!

Last edited:
Nothing will ever top the Scooby-Doo and Johnny Bravo crossover for me.

[YT]g3-tSO-_2Ek[/YT]

And Chicago ties in to Law & Order SVU which ties into Homicide Life On The Street.

Like Good Girls used the same store as Superstore, the Sons of Anarchy dropped some of the street gang names from The Shield.
Just came across a Criminal Intent where the Inspector from In Plain Sight crossed over to Law & Order.

Karen Sisco uses her husband's name to cross over to Justified.

Back in the day on a Christmas episode of Picket Fences where cows where being used to gestate human babies they referenced the X-Files episode which had aired the hour before. The rumor had been that CBS would not let FOX or Scully appear so their own reoccurring FBI character went on to say that case was not related to the nearby X-Files case

Just came across a Criminal Intent where the Inspector from In Plain Sight crossed over to Law & Order.

Back in the day on a Christmas episode of Picket Fences where cows where being used to gestate human babies they referenced the X-Files episode which had aired the hour before. The rumor had been that CBS would not let FOX or Scully appear so their own reoccurring FBI character went on to say that case was not related to the nearby X-Files case

I remember that one becausr I wasn't a fan of PICKETT FENCES in the least but just happened to catch that one after having seen the X-Files episode and I immediately thought "that sounds an awful lot like they are referring to X-Files." Later I learned how the crossover fell through.

harvey birdman attorney at law almost all the old schools crossed over with that. I loved the Flintstone and Scooby one.

I remember that one becausr I wasn't a fan of PICKETT FENCES in the least but just happened to catch that one after having seen the X-Files episode and I immediately thought "that sounds an awful lot like they are referring to X-Files." Later I learned how the crossover fell through.
I was the opposite and an occasional X-Files watcher, when the medical examiner put out the line about something in another part of the state I was almost as shocked as when Magnum and Rick murdered Ivan

Last edited:

Oh crap, I never realized that was the character she was playing on that episode. I never saw the Karen Sisco show but I remember the character from Out of Sight. I always wanted her character to return to Justified (Carla Gugino should just be in everything) and I was disappointed that she never did.

Oh crap, I never realized that was the character she was playing on that episode. I never saw the Karen Sisco show but I remember the character from Out of Sight. I always wanted her character to return to Justified (Carla Gugino should just be in everything) and I was disappointed that she never did.

Maybe the next Leonard adapted show can have Carla show up. She can be on TV shows what Keaton is in the films.

Chinese actor and martial artist legend Sammo Hung had an American TV series called MARTIAL LAW (1998-2000) where he played the character Sammo Law. He appeared as that character in two other CBS shows - WALKER, TEXAS RANGER and EARLY EDITION.

Chuck Norris appeared as Cordel Walker from WALKER, TEXAS RANGER in an episode of the MARTIAL LAW series.

I saw Sammo's guest shot on EARLY EDITION the other day. The episode actually managed to communicate the strengths of both story-ideas pretty well.

Back in the nineties Sabrina did a guest-shot on the other three comedy-shows airing the same night, including the probably forgotten fantasy-series YOU WISH.

Though the Arrow-verse has been mentioned, its induction of CONSTANTINE into the universe after the show failed diverges from the usual types of crossovers.

Is it true before meeting in the novels, The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew first crossed over on the 1978 TV series?
I'm sure there have been others before but the first one I remember is a Batman and Green Hornet crossover.
Epic!
7db8fa325bd5643eb0efb5aa676e50c9.jpg

Batman-Green-Hornet.jpg
Also besides the full episode Green Hornet xover, promotions for other ABC show where actors appearing in character showed up through the window cameos.

Howard Duff appeared as his character Sam Stone from Felony Squad, a cop drama.
2fehmt.gif

Werner Klemperer appeared as Colonel Kiink from Hogan's Heroes.
2fehj9.gif

Ted Cassidy appeared as Lurch from the Addam's Family...
2feh4l.gif

Oddly making Green Hornet and those three shows Felony Squad, Hogan's Heroes. and Addam's Family all part of the same 66 Batman Universe.

Last edited:
There was a Full House/Family Matters crossover in which Urkel showed up at the Tanner Residence and he was named dropped in the season 3 finale of Fuller House.

I sort of want to see Family Matters return.

Actor Bernard Fox played the character Dr. Bombay (a witch doctor) on the TV series BEWITCHED (1964-1972) and then on the spin-off series TABITHA (1976-1978) and then on the day time soap opera PASSIONS (1999-2000).

Mr. Rogers once walked onto Sesame Street...
LOL Jump to 5:16 realizes who he's talking to.

Also not TV, yet these two universes colliding was a bit surreal, I guess these are canon in the same universe as R2 and 3P0 having been inscribed in the well of souls.
R2 is delivering a secret message to Oscar the Grouch from the alien Lothar the Grouch(has he appeared in any movies yet?)
message is a hologram - "Oscar the Grouch, get lost!":D

Last edited:
Apparently recurring reporter Hector Ramirez is the Marvel/Sunbow universe's pastiche of Geraldo Rivera.
Who crosses-over through several of their shows.

He appears as the reporter on Jem and the Holograms interviewing her (or an impostor of her),
77vx7j.gif

Then on G.I.Joe where he interviews the team, and even manages an interview with Cobra Commander
41qz9e.gif

(who apparently bores him to death with his life story),
41qzp3.gif

41qz4c.gif

Then is featured as the lead reporter in Transformers,
41qxxb.gif

and finally becomes a recurring (oft embedded) reporter among Inhumanoids!
77vz9y.gif

77vwou.gif

77vzet.gif

Though his look (mustache) slightly changes, his name Hector Ramirez remains the same throughout the four series, making him the one character who spuriously connects all four Marvel/Sunbow universe shows.

Last edited:
tghtifneq0u71.jpg

While the "Dozierverse" crossover and implied Batman - Green Hornet shared U. is more celebrated.

A more legit shared U. and genuine World Building was the actual Trendle & Striker shared U. by way of Dan(ny Reid, the son of Lone Ranger's brother who was massacred at Bryant's Gap, becoming a regular ally on the Lone Ranger.

And later publisher and founder of his own newspaper The Daily Sentinel, (on the TV series) eventual Father of Brit Reid the Green Hornet.

Dan Reid was often seen as guest, joining the Lone Ranger and Tonto in media and the TV series.
And it's implied through him, is inspired that universes next Gen of masked avengers the Green Hornet and Kato .

76oeeb.jpg

76po2l.gif

Dan(ny Reid

76ofri.gif

76ogxv.gif

76oi3k.gif

76og6f.gif

76ol22.gif
76ol5d.gif

Last edited:
The Marvel Animated Universe

X-Men: The Animated Series featured several crossover with other Marvel characters during its run.
1. Rouge and Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel (Warbird) in the season 2 episode 22, “A Rogue’s Tale”
2. Dr. Strange makes a cameo appearance in several episodes of X-men (The starjammers, The Inner Circle” and “Nightcrawler”)
3. Ghost Rider makes a cameo appearance in season one episode 15, “The Finale Decision”.
4. Spider-Man makes two brief quick shot cameos in season 3 episode 33, “Child of the light” and episode 41”the Inner Circle”. One has Spidey hanging upside down a building in the shadows and the other just shows him shooting a webbing .
5. Captain America & Wolverine team-up in “Old Soliders” in episode 73 (11 of 14), of Season five.

Iron Man had a cast full of heroes as he was apart of a team called “Force Works” with the rosters of notable heroes
1. War Machine
2. Julia Carpenter/Spider-Woman
3. Hawkeye
4. Scarlet Witch
5. Century
6. H.O.M.E.R. ( basically A.I. Jarvis)
7. S.H.I.E.L.D. was present with Nick Fury and Dum Dum Dugan, the only guest that appears is Bruce Banner aka: The Hulk in the episode 24, “Hulk Buster” of Season 2.

Fantastic Four featured several of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes roster guest starring
1. Namor: The Sub-Mariner has a cameo in the first episode “The Origins of The Fantastic Four” and full appearance in episode 4 of season one “Now Comes the Sub-Mariner”.
2. Silver Surfer debuts in episode 5 of Season One “The Silver Surfer and The Coming of Galactus part 1 & 2” we also get to see Utah: The Watcher, surfer returns two more appearance once in the Season one finale episode 11, “The Silver Surfer and the return of Galactus and the series finale of season two episode 26 “Doomsday”
3. Daredevil shows up in the season 2 Premiere “And the blind Shall lead them”
4. The Inhumans make their debut in multiple episode for the InHuman saga (“And the cries of Medusa”, “The Inhumans Among Us”, “Beware the hidden Land”, “When Calls Galactus”, “Hopelessly Impossible”,
& “The Sentry Sinister”)
5. Thor Odinson makes a Thunderous debut in episode 19 of Season 2, “To Battle the Living Planet “.
6. The King of Wakanda: T’Challa makes his royal appearance in episode 20 of Season 2, “Prey of the Black Panther “
7. Episode 22 of Season 2 sees Bruce Banner and Rick Jones pay a visit to Four Freedom Plaza to see the Family in “Nightmare in Green” there’s also a few quick cameos of The X-men, and Spider-Man briefly.

The Incredible Hulk featured the Golly Green Giant in his prime form on the run being hunter by the government and his Arch-Nemesis: The Leader with is gamma goons. Fortunately Hulk picked up a few allies along the way.
1. Rick Jones, Betty Ross and General Thaddeus Thunderbolt Ross make the series Premiere 2-parter miniseries “The Return of the Beast”
2. Doc Samson makes his first appearance in the episode three “Raw Power” in Season One. So does Gabriel Jones from Captain America’s Hollowing Commandos, except he’s a Shield agent.
3. In episode 4,”Helping Hand, Iron Fist”, Bruce Banner heads to L.A. to meet his old friend Tony Stark, in an attempt to find a cure for his Gamma infused affliction. He’s also trying to fly under the radar because Ross’s Hulkbusters are in high pursuit, when all seems hopeless aid comes from Iron Man & War-Machine.
4. Johnny Blaze is riding through the city of Chicago wherein he stumbles upon a man on the run from the authorities who was seen at the sight of a terrible Arsenal hit. Turns out he’s chasing Bruce Banner in who’s been wrongly accused in the episode “Innocent Blood”.
5. Episode 7 entitled “Doomed” sees Bruce reunite with his cousin Jennifer Walters, unfortunately their reunion is interrupted by Dr. Doom who cause a fatal accident that puts Jen in critical condition and requires a blood transfusion to save her life, Bruce is forced to give his Gamma blood to Jen which has a sensational impact on her as she is transformed from a mild girl to the Bootylicious She-Hulk.
6. Episode 8 “Fantastic Fortitude” sees Jen & Bruce in New York City to see the Fantastic 4, only their on vacation and The Thing is the only one at home.
7. Episode 9 “Mortal Bounds”, A unknown virus is spreading to fast to cure and so Bruce Banner is asked to help find a solution he gets assistance from a unique Dr. Donald Blake who appears to be handicapped physically but with support from his wooden cane lies a secret for whenever there’s a major threat lurking, he slams it down on the ground to reveal its true identity as “Mjolnir” the enchanted Uru hammer of THOR !!!
8. Bruce Banner and The Hulk spilts into two separate beings, unfortunately it seems one can’t survive with out the other half. In the three-parter episodes: “Darkness and Light”. In the midst of a this Rick Jones is accidentally knocked into a gamma bath tank and is transformed into a Teen Hulk (Not A-Bomb)
9. Episode 14, “Hulk of A different color”. There’s no just one Hulk, up and about….no now there’s three Rick Jones, Jennifer Walters and Bruce Banner except he’s seems a bit different a shade grey than his normal Green self and also he’s retained more intelligence in this new persona. The Greyhound Hulk makes his debut.
10. The King of Cameos himself: Stan Lee makes his grand appearance as Jennifer Walters’ father “Cliff Walters” in episode 15 of Season 2: “Down Memory Lane”.
11. Doctor Steven Strange and She-Hulk travel to the Brian of Bruce Banner when he’s possessed by an evil supernatural villain in episode 16, “Mind over Anti-Matter”.
12, the title speaks for itself “They call me Mr. Fixit” episode 17. Nuff said.

SPIDER-MAN: The Animated Series, sees our beloved Web-Slinging Wonder team up with various characters that were previously introduced leading up to a grand series finale that was the true birth of the Spider-Verse and original Marvel Cinematic Universe in animation.

1. Night of the Lizard the series Premiere episode Spidey makes a joke referencing The Hulk, Fantastic Four and the Defenders
2. Day of the Chameleon feature S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury, and Agent X who was intended to be Jessica Drew (Pre-becoming Spider-Woman) according to producer John Semper Jr.
3. Seasons 2 saw Spider-Man team-Up with The X-Men in the episodes “The Mutant Agenda” & “The Mutants’ Revenge”.
4. Enter the Punisher….
5. Frank Castle returns in “Duel of the Hunters” to collect on a bounty For Spider-Man who’s been altered into a monstrous creature known as “Man-Spider”!
6. Blade comes to NYC to hunt a creature of the night who’s preying on innocent
people at first he sets his glance upon our web-head unfortunately the real night stalker is Michael Morbius in a two-parter miniseries “Blade: The Vampire Hunter” & “The Immortal Vampire”
7. Dr. Strange & Wong enlisted the help of Spider-Man against Baron Mordo and Dormammu in the episode “Dr. Strange”.
8. Madame Web. makes her debut in the series and being to test Peter Parker for an unknown threat coming. Episode “Make A Wish”.
9. Matthew Murdock is anonymously hired to represent Peter Parker who has been accused for a federal crime that amounts to treason against the United States in the two-parter episodes “Framed” & “Man Without Fear”.
10. Venom makes an unexpected return to once again plagued Spider-Man, except he’s not alone a new Symbiote has come and he’s spreading “Carnage” in his wake. Fortunately Spidey got some serious armored geared back-up with Iron Man & War-Machine in “Venom Returns” & “Carnage”.
11. The Temptress feline vixen cat-burglar Black Cat makes herself known in the two-parter episodes “The Cat” & “The Black cat”.
12. Punisher Returns once again armed and dangerous, his target isn’t Spider-Man this time but Peter Parker in” The Return Of The Green Goblin”.
13. “The Hunting Of Mary Jane” had a brief broadcast of a unknown Motorcyclist in a shot. Apparently it was supposed to be Johnny Blaze according to Stemper.
14. Seasons Five of the series ultimately ended up being the last season of the show. As a result it was broken down into three arc’s “The Six Forgotten Warriors” a unique arc featuring the retailing of Captain America’s Origin’s and that Peter Parker’ parents were actually spies for the U.S. government. It also featured obscure WW2 heroes that were created to try and replicate the original super solider serum. The next arc was “Secret Wars” with Spider-Man leading a team in a battle for the ages to answer the age old question “Can Good Triumph over Evil?!” And finally cumulating in a personal introspective look at Peter Benjamin Parker across the multiverse in “Spider Wars”. It took time but ultimately what was accomplished was simply extraordinary. Using the established foundational world building from all the previous series into a cohesive tapestry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"