Where are all the Marvel games??

Marvel Overwatch, just what the general audience asked for.

I wish X-Men game rights weren't exclusive and other studios could be developing games as well.

It's going to take soooooo long for an X-Men game. =/

Wait, they’re exclusive? I didn’t know. To who? And for how long?

Wait, they’re exclusive? I didn’t know. To who? And for how long?
Well, as the title says... it's Insomniac. They hold the rights until 2035. Other studios can use mutant characters in other games, as we've seen in Midnight Suns and Marvel Rivals, but the X-Men cannot be the title characters.

And we probably won't see the X-Men game before 2030.

Well, as the title says... it's Insomniac. They hold the rights until 2035. Other studios can use mutant characters in other games, as we've seen in Midnight Suns and Marvel Rivals, but the X-Men cannot be the title characters.

And we probably won't see the X-Men game before 2030.

Well that certainly sucks. Though I have high hopes for Logan all the same.

Well that certainly sucks. Though I have high hopes for Logan all the same.
In their roadmap it mentions a 2030 date for the X-Men, coming after Venom, Wolverine and Spider-Man 3. But that same slide mentions a 2025 date for the Venom game.

Now I heard more recent files says 2027 for Venom, and that SM3 might actually be 2 parts. And god knows how the leaks affected Insomniac and how much work will be delayed. So god knows when we're getting X-Men now.

Also, their plan seems to be a trilogy. However, the leaks imply Wolverine is already the first game of the X-Men trilogy. So instead of being 3 X-Men games. It will be Wolverine + 2 X-Men games.

So yeah, that sucks and 2030 seems to be the most optimistic right now.

In their roadmap it mentions a 2030 date for the X-Men, coming after Venom, Wolverine and Spider-Man 3. But that same slide mentions a 2025 date for the Venom game.

Now I heard more recent files says 2027 for Venom, and that SM3 might actually be 2 parts. And god knows how the leaks affected Insomniac and how much work will be delayed. So god knows when we're getting X-Men now.

Also, their plan seems to be a trilogy. However, the leaks imply Wolverine is already the first game of the X-Men trilogy. So instead of being 3 X-Men games. It will be Wolverine + 2 X-Men games.

So yeah, that sucks and 2030 seems to be the most optimistic right now.

Man, I am 42 this year so don't even know if I will still be gaming by then. One thing is for sure I need to get a PS5 soon. Just still got so much to play on PS4.

• Sad
Reactions: Lip
Man, I am 42 this year so don't even know if I will still be gaming by then. One thing is for sure I need to get a PS5 soon. Just still got so much to play on PS4.
I know. Crazy that the last X-Men game with X-Men playable characters was in 2006. And because of this rights deal, the idea of remastered versions of X-Men Legends seems to be out of question.

Our best hope is mutant playable characters in Marvel games, like Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Also, I read the story for Wolverine and I hated it. So if they do not knock it out of the park, my best hope is to wait for this contract to end, so a new X-Men game can be developed, which would take another 6 years.

But I'm also super overdramatic, so...

I've caught up to ps3 to ps4 games from late 2018 to 2021 ( I think). Though I still bought ps4 games last year for cross gen games (Miles, Guardians, RE Village) and last february a late ps4 port (RDR1). Also some remasters that were only released when Ps5 was already released (Mass Effect trilogy, GTA trilogy), plus games that I was interested in but only saw it in retails just last year (Last Guardian/LA Noire).

Like you, I don't have a PS5 yet. I was still planning to buy a ps5 this March or this summer, until I spent a lot of money these couple of months for furniture/appliances/home renovation and its still not done yet, and now my TV is suddenly broke anda new tv is now added to "the things I need in my house". So all of those things really made consider buying a ps5 until 2025. Having a Ps5 is great but seeing all the changes in my house right now, is worth it and ps5 can really wait until GTA VI is out. Thats the 1 game that will motivate me to get it asap.

Yesterday, I made an updated list of 2022 to 2025 games that I plan to buy, so I won't be that far behind neXt year when I started to clear that list, and so far, its only 15 games and thats if 5 from that list, are out either later this year or neXt year. When I caught up to ps3/4 games, Ive managed to catch up to 70+ games which is a lot in hindsight. So if I could do that, I also could do that to ps5 games.

Also 1 factor is most ps5 games are still so freaking eXpensive. The cheapest I saw the other day (that I plan to buy) is Gotham Knights... which is still over $45.

As for a X-Men game possibly coming out in 2030.

Well there's two main factors here.
1. Videogames these days take longer to make, compare to ps1-3 days.
2. There are simply too many popular Marvel IPs. Back in the 90s and the 2000s, it was mostly Spider-Man/X-Men getting the biggest spotlight. But we have now Captain America, Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians, Black Panther, Black Widow, Dr. Strange, etc... as household names.

Gee what is it with marvel, the x-men and their exclusive contracts they can’t get out of? You would think they would learn by now.

Very silly decision although I’m sure the games will be great. Damn, I actually wanted to jump out of consoles next gen and focus on steam only

• Sad
Reactions: Lip
Sorry, I read something more recent about Wolverine game, and I can't believe we'll wait 25 years for a new X-Men game just to see...

Jean Grey as a Morlock.

It's FOX/Simon Kinberg all over again.

:weeping::weeping::weeping:

If posting this kind of thing is not OK, please delete this post. Just wanted to take it out of my chest.

You know it could still change. Its not like Marvel's Wolverine is coming out later this year.

I think the target date for that game is now 2026, and possibly Q4 of 2026... which is still a long time from now.

Dude, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I understand basically nothing about game developing. And people say somethings here and there might change. But not much. The story is pretty much locked. I doubt it will change.

I think the hacking is going to be a factor. Unless they already finished the script/mo caps. I don't see how it couldn't be changed. Also its a Wolverine game, so I wasn't even eXpecting that character to show up until the leaks happened.

I think the hacking is going to be a factor. Unless they already finished the script/mo caps. I don't see how it couldn't be changed. Also its a Wolverine game, so I wasn't even eXpecting that character to show up until the leaks happened.
They are planning a X-Men trilogy games. And, believe ir or not, Wolverine is the first of this trilogy. So the X-Men trilogy games won't be 3 X-Men games. It will be 1 Wolverine + 2 X-Men games.

This is setting up the upcoming X-Men games.

And this game seems to set up Jean Grey as the Xavier of this universe, creating the X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"