Marvel: Future Revolution Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
4lfS5YG.jpg

Netmarble and Marvel have revealed their newest game project, Marvel: Future Revolution, earlier today at PAX East. The game is the first open-world multiplayer RPG for mobile devices Marvel has ever produced, and it looks like it may be one of the most ambitious free-to-play projects yet, both for the company and for mobile platforms in general.

Previously, Marvel and Netmarble have worked together on Marvel: Future Fight, another mobile game which proved to be quite popular with fans over the world. At the time of this writing, Marvel: Future Fight has been downloaded by users over 120 million times, and although the game's developers are now working on Marvel: Future Revolution in tandem they have no plans to stop creating new content for Marvel: Future Fight any time soon.

Marvel: Future Revolution will feature players taking on the role of popular Marvel superheroes like Captain America, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man after an event called Convergence, which scenario writer Marc Sumerak described to Screen Rant as a "a multi-universal catastrophe where Earths are about to collide with each other." This Convergence has combined elements of multiple worlds and locations from different aspects of Marvel Comics lore all into one place, allowing players to visit areas which appear familiar yet different to how they remember them from previous Marvel depictions. Multiple worlds and universes colliding also provides story justification for the game's cosmetic and gameplay systems, which can see numerous variations of the same superhero teaming up together. Check out some of the just-released video footage of the game below:

Players will be able to choose from a wide variety of cosmetic options and color variations in order to create their own unique take on classic Marvel superheroes. Currently, only the four heroes mentioned above have been confirmed playable, and the company isn't yet ready to reveal exactly how many more will be available before the game launches or how many players will be able to team up at the same time, but Bill Rosemann, Vice President and Head of Creative at Marvel Games, reports there is "almost an infinite amount of combinations and unique looks" players will be able to create for each of the available heroes.

Marvel and Netmarble are not yet announcing a release date for Marvel: Future Revolution, but after what they've revealed today people will likely be asking for one very soon. The title looks fantastic for a mobile game, and hopefully the final version's gameplay will be as engaging and fluid as superhero fans are accustomed to. As a free-to-play game with an emphasis on character customization, players can likely imagine where the bulk of the game's monetization elements will eventually come in, but hopefully they won't be so expensive as to deter players from trying to create their own unique looks. For now, players should remain optimistic about Marvel: Future Revolution, which appears to be one of the largest-scale mobile games both Marvel and Netmarble have ever attempted.

Marvel Reveals Future Revolution, An Open-World RPG Game For Mobile Devices

maxresdefault.jpg

Marvel-Future-Revolution-2.jpg

Marvel-Future-Revolution-Gameplay-1024x576.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I was intrigued by the title and thread in this section but it's just a mobile game

This looks good at least. I’ll definitely be getting it.

The game is seriously going to look like that on a mobile phone?

Its crazy what kind of games we get for Mobile while the big consoles get nothing.
There is this nice beat em up marvel game, now this game that looks incredible good...i dont get it.

Sure you can make more money with such games when you hide so much stuff behind pay walls and so on...but still, you could make good money with such games on consoles.
Its a damn shame because that looks and sounds fantastic.

Hmm I feel like we were spoiled in the 2000s when it comes to Marvel videogames.

There's still no upcoming Marvel console game that isn't Spider-Man for 2021 and 2022. While the neXt Spider-Man is not even confirmed for neXt year . Miles Morales from what I read is a glorified dlc of the 2018game, and we know what happened with the recent Avengers game.

With the success of the recent Marvel movies, there should have been a lot more.

Hmm I feel like we were spoiled in the 2000s when it comes to Marvel videogames.

There's still no upcoming Marvel console game that isn't Spider-Man for 2021 and 2022. While the neXt Spider-Man is not even confirmed for neXt year . Miles Morales from what I read is a glorified dlc of the 2018game, and we know what happened with the recent Avengers game.

With the success of the recent Marvel movies, there should have been a lot more.
you responded to a post from a year ago

Miles is an amazing game and better than the 2018 game IMO. Its reductive to dismiss it as simply DLC.

The Avengers game fell off fast but it still exists and they are launching the next gen version with the next major update next month

Outside of these, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 came out in 2019. Last generation had the TellTaleGames GoTG, Lego MSH, MSH2, and Avengers, MvCI, Iron Man VR and Marvel Heroes. Would it have been great to have more? Sure, but Marvel Games/Disney didnt have the rights to all the characters. Thats changed and starting with Spiderman, we are now starting to see the newer deals made. Be patient; there's more in the pipeline

you responded to a post from a year ago

Miles is an amazing game and better than the 2018 game IMO. Its reductive to dismiss it as simply DLC.

The Avengers game fell off fast but it still exists and they are launching the next gen version with the next major update next month

Outside of these, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 came out in 2019. Last generation had the TellTaleGames GoTG, Lego MSH, MSH2, and Avengers, MvCI, Iron Man VR and Marvel Heroes. Would it have been great to have more? Sure, but Marvel Games/Disney didnt have the rights to all the characters. Thats changed and starting with Spiderman, we are now starting to see the newer deals made. Be patient; there's more in the pipeline
Yeah a post from year ago, but consoles videogames are usually announced ahead of time. Well personally speaking, I already saw the drought of Marvel video games in 2021 and 2022a year ago.

I tried to play future flight but it kept wanting me to update and then it wouldn’t update properly. This looks good but hopefully it’s playable without pestering you to buy gems or watch adds all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"