Where did the Super-Kick Spider-Man costume come from???

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by OP84CC82, Sep 8, 2012.

1. OP84CC82 Registered

http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=558

A short time ago I came upon a figure called Super-Kick Spider-Man on MarvelousNews.com's database of figures ranging in year from the early 2000s to now. This figure was part of a short lived line of figures called The Amazing Spider-Man which seemed to be tied in with a lot of miscellaneous merchandise that was Spider-Man related at the time. The figure itself didn't look like anything special, just another cheap Spider-Man figure with a dumb gimmick and limited possibility, but something good that caught my eye was the design of the costume. I hadn't seen anything like it and I was wondering if this was based on any previous incarnation of the costume in the comics. If this is an original design, I'm surprised that this wasn't used more often.

2. Wadaltmon S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Looks a bit like the Ross suit from the original Spidey films. Look up the Ross suit on Google images.

3. OP84CC82 Registered

I know what it is, Alex Ross produced a piece of concept art based on a design by David Williams and had shown it to Sam Raimi, and most likely Laura Ziskin, Ian Bryce, Avi Arad, Grant Curtis, and any other producer as well. They obviously said no, and we got the costume we have in teh movies.