where is a good place to share/discuss essays on superhero films?

rogbngp

Snyderverse supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a good place to share longer thought pieces or essays on superhero films among other fans. The closest thing I've found to that is Moviepilot but it's a terrible match for what I do (i.e., I like to write longer thought pieces or essays). The one thing I do appreciate about Moviepilot is that it uses a fairly sleak article format. Moviepilot is however hugely selective about what they promote (i.e., what gets featured on the category 'walls' and mass circulated on social media); and per its own staff, the selection process is geared toward promoting articles that figure to garner the highest possible number of shares on social media. And we can see what that results in. We see what gets promoted.

I really like SHH from what I have seen thus far. A lot of the discussion here is topflight. Most of you guys know your ****! But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be designed for sharing essays either. For example, all theory and speculation about a film takes place within a single and extremely fast moving thread. And please don't get me wrong! That is fun, and FWIW I still intend to participate in it. But it doesn't really allow for longer thought pieces to be discussed individually.

Starting my own blog seems like a kind of pointless exercise. Best I can tell, a blog basically becomes just a speck of sand on a great big beach of countless other such blogs. No one will ever find it, and I have no time to try to promote it (not that that would succeed either).

Is there somewhere a platform for discussion of CBMs, with tons of users, that has a UI comparable to Moviepilot's UI functionality but which is organized via a forum-style index? Then users could simply select exactly what they want to discuss from among the index of categories and articles/posts. Rather than being spoonfed what the site wants to promote. Does anyone know of a site that is geared more specifically to featuring essays about films that other users can comment on, i.e., where discussion takes place within such a platform?

(Incidentally, more broadly, I love what I would call "fantasy adventure" films which includes not just superhero films but also science fiction, high fantasy, sword and sorcery, sword and sandal, etc. So if it is a place that includes those genres too, then all the better.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"