World Where should a TF n00b start?

The original cartoon and comic (now on trade and in your local back issue bin)

Yup, seasons 1-3 come in their boxsets, it's worth the purchase if you ask me.

The R1 box sets released by Rhino are out of print, however. Sony currently owns the distribution rights to Marvel/Sunbow's entire catalogue, and rumors go that they'll rerelease the series in new sets around the time of the live action movie (a special edition of the 1986 movie is coming out later this year).

As far as the Marvel comic goes, the beginning is both a good and bad place to start. Budianski's run is paved with highs and lows of the greatest extreme.

I'd recommend the first 18 issues, then go on and skip ahead to Furman's stuff (#56-80). There is some gold in amongst the later Budianski stuff. The Underbase saga (#47-50) is one of the higher points, though the numerous character deaths might seem a little gratuitous.

If you're looking to get into the Marvel stuff then here's a fantastic resource for you:

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/

ya start with generation 1 tv series and comics, the work to beast wars

I read some of the old tf stuff but got really into the Dreamwave G1. You can still find it all on ebay. I got all the comics and the last part of volume 3 will be released by idw in a paperback in december.

Agreed with starting with the G1 cartoon, as for comics, War Within series tells the story of how Prime came to be leader in more detail. There is also a 6 part series called Generation 1 that fills the blanks between series 2 and the movie (10 year gap I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"