Days of Future Past Which Beast do you prefer? Kelsey Grammer's Classic Beast or Nicholas Hoult's Cat?

I think the blue is too pale too.

idk, it's probably just the lighting in that shot... I'll hold judgment, until we see some more shots, from different angles, different lighting
(also, that isn't necessarily the final version, they might still touch it up in post)

They look like they'd grow into each other with a few exceptions.. I prefer X3 Beast overall concept, but I love the clean-ness and details on XMF Beast, I really wish they would nix the line between the lip and nose for the young Beast and kept his eyes blue, it's too Mystique, I like the blue eyes on blue skin

I prefer Kelsey Grammer's Beast compared to the First Class beast. I grew up watching the Fox animated series and Kelsey's reminded me of that beast. The way he talked too!

As far as the look, if I had tichoose, it would be X3 beast, but I will allways prefer the original furless, fun lovin nerd who loved to party, instead of the lab rat

First Class Beast looks great, but I'd like his hair longer!

I thought Kelsey Grammer's Beast was spot-on, both his appearance and Grammer's acting. Considering I've seen basically a 2 second shot of Hoult in full-fledged Beast form, and haven't seen him act yet, I think it's a little premature to be making this comparison.

i didn't like the x-3 beast because it looked like a man who was painted blue. his proportions are plain human instead of having disproportionately long arms and short legs.
i havent seen too much of first class beast, but it looks like he will look more like beast and not like a human so he gets my voice.

I'm starting to get a feeling that even though we've seen a lot out of Havok and Banshee, Beast is gonna steal this movie...I dunno.

Kelsey Grammar did an amazing job as Beast, he pulled off the character to perfection. I'm trying to wait until First Class comes out until I decide which I prefer but honestly I think it'll come down to the way the actor's portray the character rather than on looks. Besides it'll be interesting to see Beast go through some serious character development during his younger years.

Grammar was a way better casting choice but the design of Hoult's Beast is way better. I was not a fan of the wookie chest and arms.

yeah visually the XMFC Beast is much better
beastsn.jpg
[/URL][/URL][/IMG]
As for acting we shall see.I really liked Grammers performance.It's gonna be hard to beat that

Last edited:
Beast ultimately goes on to be the one to "take out" Magneto over 35 years later...I hope they give him some pretty cool scenes.

Last edited:
beastsn.jpg
[/URL][/URL][/IMG]
As for acting we shall see.I really liked Grammers performance.It's gonna be hard to beat that

Honestly, it wouldn't take much to beat it. Beast was one of the only good things in X3. That doesn't put the performance on some great level by any means. Grammer's voice was made for Beast and that was counted on through the film. I wasn't wholly impressed performance-wise. But maybe that's me.

So do we know if Hoult has humungous feet in this pre-blue and fur? I thought I read that somewhere.

His feet look pretty large in the short clip of him flipping in the air, but it's hard to tell...

beastsn.jpg
[/URL][/URL][/IMG]
Maybe it's me, but it's almost like looking at Classic Beast and Cat Beast.

Love the recent pics of Nicholas Beast from Empire and New posters... Thats the way i would do it (dont like the claws, seems like plastic..:))

Grammers look always looked like a man with blue paint, not animal enought. has to feel like a beast like but inteligent creature..

Grammers look always looked like a man with blue paint, not animal enought. has to feel like a beast like but inteligent creature..

I agree. That's why I was never that fond of the makeup job. The only thing that made X3 Beast remarkable was the casting choice. His actual mannerisms and appearance weren't that convincing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"