Which Cabinet positions should we get rid of?

SentinelMind

Sidekick
Reaction score
Which federal agencies and departments should we consider cutting or seriously reducing or merging with another department?

poll coming.

oops..put Department of Energy twice...I knew it'd happen

Last edited:
I think that the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Veterans Affairs should be merged into the Department of Defense.

You can't merge Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. Posse comitatus. Though I could see this congress throwing out the posse comitatus act.

Good idea (to hippie hunter). I think EPA should be absorbed into Department of Interior............which should then be merged under Department of Agriculture.

This is pretty much the only instance where I've ever agreed with SentinelMind. The Department of Homeland Security is pretty goddamn terrible.

All of the others can stay, they're all at least potentially either great or basically necessary, but The Department of Homeland Security is one of the most fascist things we've ever created.

In my country we have to many of these departments and still if a person needs help no use of them.

There are several that could merge, as far as throwing out, I would say Education and his Economic Advisors.

BUT, IMO opinion you could do far more if you looked at the job descriptions of ALL of these agencies and throw out the overlap. The fact that salmon are regulated by about 7 of those agencies is ridiculous.

It's not our call to make on which department should be cut eliminated. The cabinet officers and their departments are established by the power of the executive office of the President. Only he can eliminate those offices.

Last edited:
It's not our call to make on which department should be cut eliminated. The cabinet officers and their departments are established by the power of the executive office of the President. Only he can eliminate those offices.

I don't think anyone here is under the impression that posting a statement on this thread has the legally binding authority to actually dissolve a cabinet position. Just because we don't have the authority to actually do away with one doesn't mean we're not allowed to have an opinion about it. :huh:

So what? It's a hypothetical that we can openly discuss.

For me, I'd first merge the Departments of the Interior and Agriculture since they have quite a few overlapping duties. Possibly even add the EPA in there as well. I'd also put Veterans Affairs and Health and Human Services together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"