Which characters from X3 and Origins would you want to remove

Reaction score
to make the film better?

For me:
X3- Psylocke, Omega Kid, Arclight, Multiple Man, Spyke, Moira MacTaggert, Bolivar Trask (7)
Origins- Blob, John Wraith, Agent Zero, Bolt, Cyclops, Professor X, Kayla's sister (7)

For X3, I'm perfectly fine with X-Men's roster. I just think if they just developed Angel more and let him interact/fight with the X-Men, gave Colossus more importance to the team, it would have been so much better. Then for the Brotherhood, I would remove the minor characters and I just think with some tweaking, they could just give those minor roles to Pyro, Juggernaut, Callisto and Mystique and those four would have more to do in the movie. Then I would also remove Trask and Moira, they didn't have much use in the movie and there's another version of them appearing in the other X-Men movies.

Then for Origins, I liked how small the cast of The Wolverine is and I think if Origins had the same amount of cast members or mutants, the movie would have been better. No Cyclops and no Professor X especially the movie is about the origin of Wolverine. I would remove the army of mutants of Stryker, and the mutants that would work for Stryker would just be Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool. With Sabretooth/Deadpool fighting with Wolverine throughout the movie. Then I would make Gambit as Wolverine's side-kick in the movie. I would just give the role of Wraith/Blob to Gambit and Gambit would have more things to do in the movie. And for Kayla's sister, I wouldn't give her Emma Frost's diamond-shifting ability.

To make it more interesting if I had to remove just ONE character from each movie....

X3 - Jean

Origins - Gambit

They may seem like odd choices, but they would have changed the movies entirely. having x3 focus JUST on the cure would have been benefitial, and may have led to an x4 with the Phoenix. X3 would have been an entirely different film! Cyclops could have had more development and jean still could have had a presence but only in his mind etc.

Gambit because I would have proffered him in another more contemporary movie, with a more badass role. perhaps paired with rogue. I feel like gambit was a cheap cash in and ploy, because so many people wanted him.

I enjoyed most of the characters in origins anyway, I just feel gambit got the shaft.

They may seem like odd choices, but they would have changed the movies entirely. having x3 focus JUST on the cure would have been benefitial, and may have led to an x4 with the Phoenix. X3 would have been an entirely different film! Cyclops could have had more development and jean still could have had a presence but only in his mind etc.

I think it should have been the other way around

X3 focuses on Dark Phoenix especially the fans were really expecting to see Jean back with the Phoenix force.

X4 focuses on the cure, the government went ahead with the mutant cure project after the events of the Dark Phoenix saga.

I think it should have been the other way around

X3 focuses on Dark Phoenix especially the fans were really expecting to see Jean back with the Phoenix force.

X4 focuses on the cure, the government went ahead with the mutant cure project after the events of the Dark Phoenix saga.

Yea that would have worked too, I mean either way these two plot points were too big to shove together in such a short movie. We didn't have an x4 and you were asking what characters you would omit from the existing movies, so I'd have to say Phoenix since there wasn't a movie afterward to switch things around with and the cure isn't a character haha.

But yea, either way. I would have just saved jean for a more monumental come back done right. I'd rather some characters NOT be on screen rather than be completely wasted and embarrassed. Like juggernaut or Phoenix. I would love to see these characters, but I could absolutely do without the ones we got.

X3 - Psylocke, Quill, Callisto, Bolivar Trask
Origins - young Emma Frost, Bolt
First Class - female Angel, Riptide

Characters like Juggernaut, Phoenix, Deadpool, Gambit and male Angel shouldve been better utilized.

Yes they could have been easily utilized if only the writers didn't add so many characters that Juggernaut, Phoenix, Deadpool, Gambit and Angel ended up doing less.

And I would have kept Callisto because she had a purpose in the film, if it wasn't for her mutant abilities, like sensing mutant powers, Magneto wouldn't have known that Jean Grey is alive and more powerful than ever. Also, Magneto probably wouldn't have tracked down Mystique. Plus those 1-on-1 fight scenes with Storm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"