Which kind of monster movie would you prefer?

Mass Nerder

Civilian
Reaction score
Monster Movie in the style of smothing like Mary Reilly. And yes I suppose Mary Reily isn't really a monster movie but I'm using it as an exsample.

Or Somthing along the lines of Van Hellsing?

Personally I thought Van Hellsing sucked but I'm more a fan of the those "cartoony type" monster movies. Although the more serious ones tend to be more scary but I just prefer the "cartoony" ones just because their more fun.

Van Helsing did suck but the new Wolfman film has alot of potenitial(spell?)

Darth Elektra said:
Van Helsing did suck but the new Wolfman film has alot of potenitial(spell?)

I'm kinda out of the loop right now. I didn't hear about this. What's it called? So I can look it up at imdb.com

i must be the only person in the world that likes van heslong. though the ending could have been better.

I like the old style horror flicks with the violence happening off-screen and in your imagination. Unfortunately, another one of those will never happen, because the general public has no imagination. Thank you very much, Xbox 360.

I love the crappy monster movies. Like the 50's monster movies where you can clearly see the poor quality of the costume.

I like practical monster movies that use prosthetic make up & or animatronics to bring the creatures to life, but I am also a sucker for cgi laden movies.

Mass Nerder said:
Monster Movie in the style of smothing like Mary Reilly. And yes I suppose Mary Reily isn't really a monster movie but I'm using it as an exsample.

Or Somthing along the lines of Van Hellsing?

Personally I thought Van Hellsing sucked but I'm more a fan of the those "cartoony type" monster movies. Although the more serious ones tend to be more scary but I just prefer the "cartoony" ones just because their more fun.

Those are pretty much polar opposites.

The best monster movies can be genuinely scary and fun - like Aliens.

I like all kind of monster movies.

I specially like those thatcan be scary without taking themselves too seriously, like "Gremlins", "Eight Legged Freaks" and "Tremors".

J Alba's Lover said:
i must be the only person in the world that likes van heslong. though the ending could have been better.
Nope I liked van helsing.:up:

The greatest monster is man. So, my favorite movies usually have a human antagonist in them. When I was a kid, I was more drawn to the 'monsters', but not in my adulthood.

However, I still love the xenomorphs from the Alien movies. I also think the bat-like Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula was cool, and so was Marcus in Underworld: Evolution. And Hellraiser's Cenobites are still cool as hell.

BTW, I hated Van Helsing. It was complety overdone and the performances, story was just so artificial. It hurt my eyes to watch it.

But as for monsters, it really depends on the movie. I think Van Helsing was cheesy and a poor attempt to 'honor' the old silver screen monster legends, but that was more of approach and execution. I would've rather each monster legend starred in a remake of the 1930s movies than mashing them all together in one flick.

Also Godzilla they call him king of the monsters for a reason.

Nothing like a cheesey 1950s/60s B-movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"