• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which TV Should I Get?

Definitely have gaming in mind with this purchase, so thanks for the input.

2nd one.

samsung>>>>vizio
While this is mostly true, Vizio is getting better and better. In fact, a lot of sites recommend them for not only their price point, but for quality as well. On top of that, Samsung's 4k TV's have severe input lag and that is not good for someone who wants to do a bulk of their gaming on said TV. Between these two specific models, Vizio is the better choice, hands down.

Why is the 70 inch vizio 58$ per year in energy costs when the 65 inch Samsung is only 18$ in energy cost per year? It is only 5 inches smaller.

While this is mostly true, Vizio is getting better and better. In fact, a lot of sites recommend them for not only their price point, but for quality as well. On top of that, Samsung's 4k TV's have severe input lag and that is not good for someone who wants to do a bulk of their gaming on said TV. Between these two specific models, Vizio is the better choice, hands down.

Word. I'm not denying that vizios qualitys gone up, but still not enough in my opinion to compete with the likes of samsung, sony, lg, sharp and toshiba which are the best brands in my opinion.

Phillips however, has shown some very massive, substantial improvement from the past.

Why is the 70 inch vizio 58$ per year in energy costs when the 65 inch Samsung is only 18$ in energy cost per year? It is only 5 inches smaller.
It weights nearly twenty pounds more, so that's probably the biggest factor I would guess. I'm not too sure about it though.

Weight, like someone else said as well as the smaller size will contribute to the lower energy costs. And, maybe because Samsung is a better manufacturer?? I'd be willing to bet their production values are much higher than Vizio across the board from the low end TVs on up.

The vizio is now $500 off (so $2000) at Costco online. It's already sold out but the discount is good through Christmas Eve. If they re-stock it by then, I think I have to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"