Who agrees that casting shouldn't affect someone's judgement on a manip?

Hey, Maniac , we never hear from you in the manips threads :(

I study many of the manips presented on here, in the various threads where they pop up. I've commented on many of them, probably the Storm manips more than anything. :word:

Recently, I've noticed that some people's manips seem to be criticised purely based on the choice of actors/actresses used.

Personally, I don't mind whoever is cast. As long as the manip is good, then I don't see why it should matter.

Now I'm not an artist, but I can see how much effort people like La She Beast, Flavio, Punk_joey, Angamb, Neto, Nadino, MaleRogue, batboy, Mothling, BB, Mierde, Le Diable Blanc, GothicFLAVORS, Majik, butt_salad and everybody else that contributes to these Manips Competitions put into EACH and EVERY one of their manips.

I just don't think it's right that people's judgement on someone's manip or who they vote for should be influenced by the choice of actor used. Sure, if you despise a particular actor, I'm sure it's harder to like a manip based on them. But try to be considerate and courteous to whoever posts these entries.

This is meant to be a fun thing for everybody, and to share our talents. If we can't do it without people poking fun out of somebody's choice for a Gambit or because they didn't pick Uma Thurman for Emma, then perhaps we shouldn't have one at all.

Thought I should just say that, as I wouldn't want an art piece I had been working on for weeks be criticised like that. :)

Personally, I think that some people on the Board are just getting downright rude about other peoples manips. Constructive criticsm is always a good thing, as it helps people learn, but I think a lot of people are now too afraid to post their work in case they get some really unpleasant feedback

Personally, I think that some people on the Board are just getting downright rude about other peoples manips. Constructive criticsm is always a good thing, as it helps people learn, but I think a lot of people are now too afraid to post their work in case they get some really unpleasant feedback

I totally agree with you on that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"