• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who agrees that casting shouldn't affect someone's judgement on a manip?

Hey, Maniac , we never hear from you in the manips threads :(

I study many of the manips presented on here, in the various threads where they pop up. I've commented on many of them, probably the Storm manips more than anything. :word:

Recently, I've noticed that some people's manips seem to be criticised purely based on the choice of actors/actresses used.

Personally, I don't mind whoever is cast. As long as the manip is good, then I don't see why it should matter.

Now I'm not an artist, but I can see how much effort people like La She Beast, Flavio, Punk_joey, Angamb, Neto, Nadino, MaleRogue, batboy, Mothling, BB, Mierde, Le Diable Blanc, GothicFLAVORS, Majik, butt_salad and everybody else that contributes to these Manips Competitions put into EACH and EVERY one of their manips.

I just don't think it's right that people's judgement on someone's manip or who they vote for should be influenced by the choice of actor used. Sure, if you despise a particular actor, I'm sure it's harder to like a manip based on them. But try to be considerate and courteous to whoever posts these entries.

This is meant to be a fun thing for everybody, and to share our talents. If we can't do it without people poking fun out of somebody's choice for a Gambit or because they didn't pick Uma Thurman for Emma, then perhaps we shouldn't have one at all.

Thought I should just say that, as I wouldn't want an art piece I had been working on for weeks be criticised like that. :)

Personally, I think that some people on the Board are just getting downright rude about other peoples manips. Constructive criticsm is always a good thing, as it helps people learn, but I think a lot of people are now too afraid to post their work in case they get some really unpleasant feedback

Personally, I think that some people on the Board are just getting downright rude about other peoples manips. Constructive criticsm is always a good thing, as it helps people learn, but I think a lot of people are now too afraid to post their work in case they get some really unpleasant feedback

I totally agree with you on that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"