Who do you think will be the voice of Splinter in the sequel?

M

morphmaster

Okay, we all know that TMNT was Mako's last film. So what I want to know is who do you think should voice the Master rat in the sequel?

I was thinking James Hong from The Golden Child and Big Trouble in Little China

or

Chow Yun Fat from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

or maybe

Cary Tagawa from Mortal Kombat and The Phantom

What do you think?

Maybe they should use Mako's replacement on Avatar

or the actor who voices splinter,excuse me MASTER splinter on the tv show he sounds spot on to me

How about the original voice from the live-action films, Kevin Clash?

As great as Mako is in many of his voicing roles, and as terrible as it is that he's now dearly departed, I just don't think he fitted as the voice of Splinter in the first place.

His tone of voice was just too harsh, Splinter has always been performed in a far more subdued, gentler tone. I preferred Kevin Clash, or for that matter, Darren Dunstan, the guy that did the 2003 series.

Either get the guy from the Movies or the 2003 series. Splinter's voice in this movie was just terrible.

Probably not going to be a popular suggestion, but you could always just have Splinter be dead. Could be one thing they have to deal with in the next movie.

I'm liking the idea of James Hong. Cary Takagawa would work too imo.

I'm liking the idea of James Hong. Cary Takagawa would work too imo.

Takagawa , i cant think of him as anyone else besides Shang Tsung.
Hes too young soounding anyway.

Probably not going to be a popular suggestion, but you could always just have Splinter be dead. Could be one thing they have to deal with in the next movie.

or be away at the big brawl during the events of the sequel:ninja:

The voice didn't sit right with me. I've heard the voice, not sure where though. BTW, I had my one year old with me when I saw it and he called it a dog (I guess he didn't like the graphics).

Either get the guy from the Movies or the 2003 series. Splinter's voice in this movie was just terrible.

RIP Mako, but I must agree. My vote goes to the old firebender guy from Avatar.

Kevin Clash should be brought back as the Splinter voice actor. Why the hell does a mutated rat need a japanese accent anyways? What if he had been an imported rat from Scottland would he have then had a Scottish accent instead after he was mutated? If animals could actually speak would they have the same accent of the people from the countries from which they came? LOL! I liked the 80's TMNT series were Hamato Yoshi turns into Splinter after playing with rats & being turned into what he last interacted with after being hit by the mutagene.

perhaps the gentleman fom the 2003 series could provide the voice if it doesn't violate his contract

Kevin Clash should be brought back as the Splinter voice actor. Why the hell does a mutated rat need a japanese accent anyways? What if he had been an imported rat from Scottland would he have then had a Scottish accent instead after he was mutated? If animals could actually speak would they have the same accent of the people from the countries from which they came? LOL! I liked the 80's TMNT series were Hamato Yoshi turns into Splinter after playing with rats & being turned into what he last interacted with after being hit by the mutagene.

When I FIRST heard Splinter voiced by Mako, it sounded kinda awkward to me but it didn' take long for me to get used to it, and now I LOVE how Mako sounds as Splinter and am very sadened that we could never again get the pleasure of having Mako voice Splinter again. I LOVE how Splinter has the japanese accent (and even spoke a lil' japanese), it makes sense that he does, being that he was raised in Japan, as a pet to Hamato Yoshi, who of course IS japanese. And this is coming from a person that grew up watching the turtles when the show first aired. Like I said earlier, initially it took a lil' getting used to but now, I love how Mako sounds as Splinter. It only makes sense that he is voiced by a japanese man.....honestly that how it should have been all along.

i thought the guy who voied ratched in transformers had a good tone that would be Splinterish

Isn't James Hong dead too? Anyway, yeah I would get behind the return of Kevin Clash. I thought he did an awesome job as Splinter.

Kevin Clash returning would most certainly be alright by me. :up:

Mako was the best voice for Splinter, I wish he was still around to do it.
Kevin Clash can come back but, Maybe they can use the voice from the 2003 toon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"