Who is from Ireland?

my nan and her family are from around omagh in county tyrone

i would've thought all the irish posters would still be passed out. is it sunday over there or something?

Do any of you guys have this issue?

With the younger generation (people from around 18-20something) there seems to be a lack of national identity. They don't seem to want to identify themselves as Irish. I find this comes from middle class kids who probably think it would offend other people for them to identify themselves as irish. Its kinda annoying. And they talk about how they hate it here and can't wait to leave.

Do any of you guys have this issue?

With the younger generation (people from around 18-20something) there seems to be a lack of national identity. They don't seem to want to identify themselves as Irish. I find this comes from middle class kids who probably think it would offend other people for them to identify themselves as irish. Its kinda annoying. And they talk about how they hate it here and can't wait to leave.

Why would people be ashamed of being Irish?

Apart from the whole bombing thing everyone loves you guys. You dot the best comediens, cool accents which chicks like and you can drink most people under the table.

Not many people in england are proud to be english and for good reason.

Its because of the bull**** political situation and stupid people that don't know their history and people with their idiot politically correct sensibilities. They wanna be neutral. 'If I say I'm Irish, I'm just perpeptuating the problems here' bull****.

Hey Kaine, I liked those city pictures you posted. :up: If you've got any more, please post them.

They're all the ones I have really. I do intend to take more. There are definately a few interesting sites in Belfast.

Heck, I'll do a google search and get up some old pictures. Belfast in the old days was a **** pile, but there was something charming about it anyway.

Not an old picture, but a popular mural along the Falls road which always has tourists taking pics.

setting_off_1.jpg

Magnum-Girls.jpg

Another newer picture...

url

Older pic...

60802224_eb361becbf.jpg

One of the old landrovers...

Old%20style%20Police%20vehicle%20parked%20in%20Police%20Station.jpg

Some modern art...

belfast372.jpg

See, this is the kinda thing I find slightly annoying. Sure, its great that alot of money has been pumped into Belfast to make it better and look alot better too, but this modern art stuff... they're doing quite alot of it, but none of it has ANY relevance to Ireland, or Belfast, or history, or our culture, or anything. Its like people wanna brush over it. They wanna ignore it. There are so many nice things they could do that would be alot more meaningful than a big stupid fish.

Me ranting about the fish is a bad example. I like the fish. If you look closer at it, there are images of people and stuff. The fish ain't bad.

I mean other modern art stuff, like the big stupid looking metal thing they wanna put at the bottom of ann street. It looks ridiculous and has no relevance to anything. I wish I had a picture.

There isn't even a museum about the titanic here. You would think the place that built the titanic would have a ****ing museum or SOMETHING that you could go to.

Here's an Irish drinking song for ya!

Ohhhh, give me a fine Irish lass
With a pink supple ass
And I'll be fine and as right as the rain
And I'll raise my glass
Another pint I shall pass
As she changes the sheets from our stains

Oh, she drank me boys, she drank me boys
Every last drop and she sank me boys
So pour me a pint and save me a stool
She was a fine Irish lass as sure as me name is O'Doole

:dry:

jag
The Dropkick Murphys need to cover that song.

Me ranting about the fish is a bad example. I like the fish. If you look closer at it, there are images of people and stuff. The fish ain't bad.

I mean other modern art stuff, like the big stupid looking metal thing they wanna put at the bottom of ann street. It looks ridiculous and has no relevance to anything. I wish I had a picture.

There isn't even a museum about the titanic here. You would think the place that built the titanic would have a ****ing museum or SOMETHING that you could go to.

i do agree though i hadnt heard about the thing at ann street. i'm kinda glad the titanic idea got shot down, they wanted to build a full size replica that would remain permanently in the lagan. but the idea would have got old pretty quick and the money could go to much better things

But think about how long lasting and unique something like that would be. It would be like our own Empire State building. It would be a massive tourist puller I think.

But think about how long lasting and unique something like that would be. It would be like our own Empire State building. It would be a massive tourist puller I think.
All I see it hotels and 50 dunnes stores.
Here's an Irish drinking song for ya!

Ohhhh, give me a fine Irish lass
With a pink supple ass
And I'll be fine and as right as the rain
And I'll raise my glass
Another pint I shall pass
As she changes the sheets from our stains

Oh, she drank me boys, she drank me boys
Every last drop and she sank me boys
So pour me a pint and save me a stool
She was a fine Irish lass as sure as me name is O'Doole

:dry:

jag
toto tata ladododo

Thanks for the pictures of Ireland. I plan to go there soon tor esearch my family tree. My great grandfather is an Irishman.

Of course.I read a post that Lucky Charms was banned in Ireland?Can anyone say why?
Not banned. Just don't sell them.

I remember this cereal that looked like yellow balls.
I don't remember the name, maybe pop something or other.

umm judging by the subject of the thread........... ireland:huh: (more specifically northern ireland)
Ah, I was wondering what part!
If I was upstairs I could post pics from Limerick but it takes to long to load the computer up.

Ah, I was wondering what part!
If I was upstairs I could post pics from Limerick but it takes to long to load the computer up.

they'd be mostly of Belfast, maybe the causeway or the zoo if i can be arsed uploading them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"