The Queens visit to Ireland

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
The Queen of England is visiting Ireland over the next 4 days. A lot of people are against the visit due to the British rule over Ireland, that caused the Irish War of Independence.

This sprung many riots in Dublin today, with protesters attacking Police.

The Queen is also visiting Crowe Park. This is the stadium where British troops opened fire on players and fans at a Gaelic football match between Dublin and Tipperary killing 14 people in 1920. Liam Neeson was there I believe.

Of course people here are going bat-**** insane because they believe it's an insult to our ancestors to have the Queen there.

Do you think the people of Ireland need to accept this and move on? Or do you think people are right to be angry at the visit?

Personality I think people have no reason to be angry. 1920 was a different time. Also, to be angry towards the Queen makes no sense. I don't even believe she was born during the time of Bloody Sunday.

Last edited:
Well today she laid wreath down for the people who died. She's doing little things like that. She is also watching schoolchildren play hurling and football at GAA Headquarters.

Somebody should have stolen that $500 million african scepter out of her hand.

Irish Reunification better come soon, the British Empire is gone.

I think the Irish have a right to protest her visit. It'll take their minds off of their crappy economic situation for awhile.

Now that the Royal wedding is over, its back to doing unimportant things.

Ireland needs to calm the hell down. They're one of the few former colonies that's still violently bitter at Britain.

Ireland needs to calm the hell down. They're one of the few former colonies that's still violently bitter at Britain.
well, it kind of makes "moving on" harder when you could toss a rock across the pond and hit the other country.

well, it kind of makes "moving on" harder when you could toss a rock across the pond and hit the other country.

Trust me, if anybody in the United Kingdom could actually throw like that, they might actually win at cricket. :o

I think the Northern Ireland situation is playing a huge part in it, but a lot of people who are rioting are just scumbags who really have nothing better to do with their time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"