Who should star in the first Green Lantern film?

i voted for Hal.

However, my idea would be for him to be the main lead....with support from Kyle Raynor and John Stewart in smaller roles. Carol Ferris should be used.

I think it should be a story showing Hal wanting out of the Corp.....and then helping prepare his successor in Kyle Rayner. However tragedy strikes with Sinestro being involved and ruining Hal's retirement and marriage to Carol.

Uuu, Colin Farrell could play a mean guy gardner if he didn't ham it up too bad...although guy's been known to do a bit o'hammin

I dont see why we just can't have a Green Lantern film that stars Kyle Rayner, shows him getting his ring, getting trained by John Stewert (who will have the second most screen time) and their mission is to find Hal Jordan. Have flash backs that show Hal in action, and make him be Paralax. Second film i guess make him the Spectre, then by the third, make him "reborn" or whatever.

i go with Hal all the way...and like most ppl, i'd love to see part of the Corps as well...

Green Lantern / Hal Jordan: Nathan Fillion (Serenity / Slithers)

Green Lantern / John Stewart: Henry Simmons

Green Lantern / Kyle Rayner: Jesse Bradford

Green Lantern / Alan Scott: Robert Redford

Sinestro: Jeremy Irons or Hugo Weaving ( i'll go with Hugo Weaving )

Ganthet...

for Shazam...

Liev Shreiber...

thedarks0ldier said:
I dont see why we just can't have a Green Lantern film that stars Kyle Rayner, shows him getting his ring, getting trained by John Stewert (who will have the second most screen time) and their mission is to find Hal Jordan. Have flash backs that show Hal in action, and make him be Paralax. Second film i guess make him the Spectre, then by the third, make him "reborn" or whatever.

Quiet with all that logical compromise! No one wants to hear that! :-)up: :) )

Hal Jordan and Abin Sur ought to be the only Green Lanterns you see in the first film.

ShadowBoxing said:
Hal Jordan and Abin Sur ought to be the only Green Lanterns you see in the first film.
What about Sinestro?

ShadowBoxing said:

No way, you can't leave out the Corps. Green Lantern is a totally different type of hero than Batman and Superman. He's not some lone hero fighting random villains that pop up. He's part of a huge, intergalactic police force. The Corps are a big part of who he is. You have to have his training by Kilowog and Sinestro, and you have to show Oa. Green Lantern films should be epic space operas, like Star Wars.

Couldn't really vote because my suggestion would be to focus on Hal, but to include everyone in some capacity. Don't know that it could be worked out to stay exactly on course with comic mythology, but it seems comic to film movies have made minor changes without too much complaint if the story is good. Alan as an older Lantern mentoring perhaps being an example. Fitting the others, the guardians, and the rest of the corps accordingly. Probably best suited in a trilogy. With Sinestro probably the main baddy, with Star Saphire a love interest/side baddy for Hal.

On one of the threads...someone mentioned Jack Black as possibly filling the role of Green Lantern. Is this true? What's next? Kate Beckinsale as Lobo?

I'm a huge Alan Scott fan because of JSA. But I think Hal should be in the spotlight of the film.

thedarks0ldier said:

That seems a lot to deal with, especially if you are going for mass appeal.
I'm not a huge GL fan but could have Hal for the first one, disappearing at the end, in the Second one the introduction of Kyle and Jon in search of Hal and finding Paralax. The 3rd one return of Hal something to that effect, where the trilogy is a little more self contained, and easier to follow then with flashbacks.

I'am all for opinions and all but whats so great about about Hal Jordan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"