Villian for Green Lantern movie

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
The question is simple, who would be your pick for a Green Lantern movie for both Hal and Kyle villian wise and why!!!!

Also not many seemed to like my Guy Gardner idea but you will have that!!!

Sinestro- failed GL
Fatality- GL Hunter
Paralax (Hal Jordan)- Greatest GL fallen. I think it would be a great morality tale and epic story in vain of LOTR (scope, not styel)

Lobo-just a fun character who probably won't get a movie even though actor Andrew Bryanrski is pushing for it.

Hal - Sinestro
John - Sonar and Fatality
Kyle - Major Force and Effigy

sinestro and the manhunters would be best, me thinks.

Sinestro has always been the arch-nemesis for Green Lantern. So that's who you would probably want in the first movie.

Or Sharkie.

Sinestro of course.

Here's how I would like a trilogy to be done villainwise:

1. Hal vs. Sinestro
2. Kyle vs. Parallax (Hal)
3. GL Corps (with Hal, Kyle, Guy, John, Kilowog etc.) vs. Darkseid

i like the idea of Sinestro for the 1st film, Parallax for the second, and Sinestro and the manhunters for final film.

Sinestro would be the obvious choice if Hal was in fact the Green Lantern to have his first film. The choice of Hugo Weaving is one I'm fond of, and can see him playing the role greatly.

The way I see it happening, is based on how he became who is now from the comics. He was assigned to instruct Hal when he first joined the Corps, but after a rebillion from the natives of his planet Korugar, he was reported by Jordan himself leading Sinestro to get his ring taken away from him by the Guardians. He was known as one the of the greatest Lanterns on his time, but now was fueled by revenge on Hal for what he had done to him.

After is when he adapts his yellow power ring, which gave him more of an upperhand to the other Lanterns considering their rings can't effect anything yellow. But it's skilled Lanterns (like Hal), who've found ways around it in order to defeat him.

Seeing the two clash on screen like that would be great, if done right. Not to mention the amount of CGI that'd be required for it.

Gary Oldman = Sinestro. And we all know this.

terry78 said:
Gary Oldman = Sinestro. And we all know this.

But Gary Oldman is Gordon. Don't you think that would be a problem? Oldman would definately make a good Sinestro, possibly a better Sinestro than he is Gordon, but what is done is done.

cerealkiller182 said:
But Gary Oldman is Gordon. Don't you think that would be a problem? Oldman would definately make a good Sinestro, possibly a better Sinestro than he is Gordon, but what is done is done.

I don't see a problem with having Oldman play Sinestro.
First off Oldman is really good when it comes to disappearing in the role (check out True Romance) and second the role of Sinestro would demand some make-up or cgi-ing with the actor.

And third it's two different franchises so it shouldn't really matter if he's already been in a Batman film.

I'd rather they not reuse actors, its all part of the same new gen DC movie franchaise to me.

I was thinking along the lines of Jeremy Irons, though all the fans seem to want Hugo Weaving first and foremost.

I'd say Hugo Weaving as Sinestro.

TheFalcon said:
I don't see a problem with having Oldman play Sinestro.
First off Oldman is really good when it comes to disappearing in the role (check out True Romance) and second the role of Sinestro would demand some make-up or cgi-ing with the actor.

And third it's two different franchises so it shouldn't really matter if he's already been in a Batman film.

Your right! I am just so hopeful for a crossover which probably would only work with DC since they still own all the rights.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"