Who Still Likes Jack's Joker Or Thinks He's Better Than Heath's Joker?

The whole school bus scene was very over the top, but mostly because of the timing.

Well he knew when the bus lines would drive by the bank...he did kill the driver, so of course he'd ask about their routes.

Well he knew when the bus lines would drive by the bank...he did kill the driver, so of course he'd ask about their routes.

And of course the rest of the school buses, and cars everywhere, specially the police cars, never noticed the bus crumbling the bank's wall, staying there for 5 minutes and then coming out.

Joker himself had a quite believable vibe, but all what he did was truly impossible to achieve.

I can't help thinking that Ledger's death probably clouded people's judgements because I remember some pretty fierce scepticism and a lot of criticism that Nolan's Joker used face-paint. I mean an oscar, really? I think in a few years time when people re-watch it with a fresher perspective, they'll appreciate two-face more, who in my opinion was the best part of TDK (and physically resembled his comic counter-part).

I disagree. I was one of the people who fought hard for perma-white during the big debates way back when, (and I still would have liked to see it) but when the first full length trailer came out, I was blown away. And so were a whole lot of other people. And that was the time the oscar buzz started up. This was all BEFORE Heath's death by the way.

I think Heath truly deserved the oscar. He was brilliant. Two-Face was all right, but I felt bad for Eckhart because he really got shafted in terms of material. Two-Face for one, should not have been killed off. I understand what Nolan was going for and why he wanted to do it thematically, but Two-Face is a character with ten times the potential that was explored in TDK. It was truly a waste.

Jack was great but Heath Ledger was much better in my opinion

I think Heath truly deserved the oscar. He was brilliant. Two-Face was all right, but I felt bad for Eckhart because he really got shafted in terms of material. Two-Face for one, should not have been killed off. I understand what Nolan was going for and why he wanted to do it thematically, but Two-Face is a character with ten times the potential that was explored in TDK. It was truly a waste.
You have a bad habit of repeating yourself. :dry:

You have a bad habit of repeating yourself. :dry:

Haha, I'm assuming you're referring to the Two-Face comment. I have made that sentiment a few times before on the boards. And I suppose it's just because it's probably my biggest gripe, and disappointment with TDK.

I don't think Two-Face was bad by any means. He was quite good. But throwing him away so soon really irked me. He's a character that really deserves his own movie as the main villain.

both.
ledger was gnarly, but nicholson is the reason the joker is my all-time favourite villain.

For live-action, Ledger wins. Overall, Hamill is the most memorable Joker.

both versions of the Joker are awesome in their own ways... they are different portrayals of the character within different interpretations of the Batman world... Heath's joker wouldn't fit in Burton's world the same as Nicholson's Joker wouldn't really fit in Nolan's world. So there's no real basis for comparison other than one's own personal preference.

But I will say Heath's version is one of the creepiest onscreen villians I've seen in a long time... I got chills when he entered Wayne's condo and the camera did the 360 degree movement around him as he described how he got his scars.

Considering i was born in 1990... Jack Nicholson was The Joker of my childhood. I wore out my VHS, never ever missed the movie when it was on tv and couldn't wait to own Batman on DVD...

I love that movie and adored it as a child. Only Mark Hamill would ever push Jack out of my mind (and all things considered i'd rank him much higher now of course). So for 18 years of my life The Joker was Jack/Mark.

But what Heath did was phenomenal... and i'd be a fool if i didnt acknowledge it as the best performance of any actor who stepped into The Joker's shoes.

Plus I wasn't alive during the Batmania of 1989... but I was for Jokermania of 2008 and boy was it good.:woot::woot:

Jack was a great joker, but Ledger is still to best to me. I mean ledger literally gets lost in the role, its an amazing sight to see.

Considering i was born in 1990... Jack Nicholson was The Joker of my childhood. I wore out my VHS, never ever missed the movie when it was on tv and couldn't wait to own Batman on DVD...

I love that movie and adored it as a child. Only Mark Hamill would ever push Jack out of my mind (and all things considered i'd rank him much higher now of course). So for 18 years of my life The Joker was Jack/Mark.

But what Heath did was phenomenal... and i'd be a fool if i didnt acknowledge it as the best performance of any actor who stepped into The Joker's shoes.

Plus I wasn't alive during the Batmania of 1989... but I was for Jokermania of 2008 and boy was it good.:woot::woot:

well put ;)

Why Heath Ledger is better then Jack Nicholson:

Jack Nicholson screamed as he fell off the building. Heath Ledger laughed.

Jack plays crazy. Criminally insane. Lost touch with reality.

Ledger played possessed. Animalistic. Lost touch with humanity.

I preferred Ledgers.

to carry this on: jack threw away fake money (going by the comic adaption). ledger burned real money.

When Batman was shooting at Jack's Joker he didn't move. When that bank manager shot at Ledger's Joker he ran away and hid behind a table like a scared school girl. :yay:

to carry this on: jack threw away fake money (going by the comic adaption). ledger burned real money.

Jack did not give away fake money. Let's watch the movies here ok?

When Batman was shooting at Jack's Joker he didn't move. When that bank manager shot at Ledger's Joker he ran away and hid behind a table like a scared school girl. :yay:

The difference being that the Bank Manager was a better shot than Batman. Batman's targeting system zeroed in on the Joker, yet every single bullet missed him :oldrazz:

That part was funny.

The difference being that the Bank Manager was a better shot than Batman. Batman's targeting system zeroed in on the Joker, yet every single bullet missed him :oldrazz:

Yes, but neither Jack's Joker nor Ledger's Joker - nor anyone for that matter - could have known how good/bad shooter the other person was untill he already had shot. Jack decided to fearlessly wait and see. Ledger decided to run away.

Yes, but neither Jack's Joker nor Ledger's Joker - nor anyone for that matter - could have known how good/bad shooter the other person was untill he already had shot. Jack decided to fearlessly wait and see. Ledger decided to run away.

Of course they could. You'd have to be blind to miss someone at close range with a shotgun. The bank manager had already shot one thug through a glass window from his desk in his office.

There was no excuse for Batman to have missed the Joker, especially using a targeting system that actually zeroed in on Joker, and Joker didn't even move lol. That's why the scene makes no sense, and Joker's so called fearless stance in that scene is a cop out.

Of course they could. You'd have to be blind to miss someone at close range with a shotgun. The bank manager had already shot one thug through a glass window from his desk in his office.

Same, you'd have to be blind to have a man in a plane with plenty of tommy guns and think he could fail. Plus, the Batwing had been riddling with bullets his henchmen and floats.

And THAT's why Jack's Joker could have known he was in extreme danger. Yet he didn't run away.

There was no excuse for Batman to have missed the Joker, especially using a targeting system that actually zeroed in on Joker, and Joker didn't even move lol. That's why the scene makes no sense, and Joker's so called fearless stance in that scene is a cop out.

Batman might have thought it was better to talk to tyhe man before killing him and let him know this was an act of revenge because of what he had done - as, in fact, Batman did. Or the Batwing could have been designed to shoot bigger targets. But Jack's Joker didn't know anything of that.

I could also go and criticize Nolan's tone and say how Ledger's Joker was so intimidating because the writers had him doing everything perfectly and on time, sometimes not knowing how things would work out. I mean, he kills a mob boss' bodyguard with no effort and then he pretends to be dead and that same mob boss' henchmen don't even check if he's actually dead before letting him into the apartment. Sure,w riters are the ones helping both versions of the character.

Fact is that Jack's Joker was a perfect target, Jack's Joker didn't feel intimidated, whereas Ledger's Joker did.

Same, you'd have to be blind to have a man in a plane with plenty of tommy guns and think he could fail. Plus, the Batwing had been riddling with bullets his henchmen and floats.

And THAT's why Jack's Joker could have known he was in extreme danger. Yet he didn't run away.

As I said above, the fact that the targeting system somehow magically missed him just totally rubbishes Joker's stand there. There was no excuse for it.

It was silly.

Batman might have thought it was better to talk to tyhe man before killing him and let him know this was an act of revenge because of what he had done - as, in fact, Batman did. Or the Batwing could have been designed to shoot bigger targets. But Jack's Joker didn't know anything of that.

Come now, Payaso, you're clutching at straws there, mate. If Batman decided to not kill him then he wouldn't have pulled the trigger, or he would have completely veered the target sites off Joker at the last minute. Neither happened.

Second, the targeting system zeros in on Joker himself with pinpoint accuracy. Clearly the targeting system is designed for small targets. Batman had been using it a minute previously to shoot down Joker's men.

I could also go and criticize Nolan's tone and say how Ledger's Joker was so intimidating because the writers had him doing everything perfectly and on time, sometimes not knowing how things would work out. I mean, he kills a mob boss' bodyguard with no effort and then he pretends to be dead and that same mob boss' henchmen don't even check if he's actually dead before letting him into the apartment. Sure,w riters are the ones helping both versions of the character.

That's a cop out, mate. Everything that happens in every movie is because that's how the writers wrote it. No exception here.

The difference here is that Ledger's Joker was written smarter and more fearless. Jack Nicholson's Joker lived in a Gotham City where he could announce on TV that he would be at the parade at midnight to dump money on the crowd, and there's no Cops there waiting for him when the time comes. The Batwing can zero in on him and shoot at him, and every single bullet will miss him, but he can take a long barrel gun out of his pants and take down the Batwing with one shot. Axis Chemicals is exposed as a front for Grissom's mob, but the place stays open and beyond suspicion afterwards, where Joker can make his poisons in peace.

The authorities in Gotham City in B'89 really are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I could probably get away with being a super villain there :oldrazz:

Fact is that Jack's Joker was a perfect target, Jack's Joker didn't feel intimidated, whereas Ledger's Joker did.

Here's the facts, Ledger's Joker showed no fear towards the prospect of death several times, such as when he challenged Batman to run him over with the Bat-Pod, when he put in a gun in Harvey's hand and pointed it at his head, and when he laughed all the way when Batman tossed him off the Prewitt building.

In my opinion, these really show his fearless nature towards death because he could have really died in all those scenarios. For some baffling reason the Batwing's targeting system decided to completely foul up when he fired on the Joker. That's why I don't see it as a fair comparison.

Last edited:
Jack did not give away fake money. Let's watch the movies here ok?
this bit of dialogue is in the film:

vale: "what do you want?"
joker: "my face on the one dollar bill."

we don't see the actual bills in the film, but i think he did throw away fake money. more evidence points to it. as well as the comic, it's also in the novelisation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"