Who we are now

I think I'm a little less...timid and a pushover than I was a few years ago. It comes from letting people push me around I guess and getting sick of it. It is a double edged sword though because people will perceive me as hard to get along with when in fact I'm just gauging to see if I can trust them or not. There's always this fear in the back of my mind that they're going to hurt me in some way due to gravely huge misunderstandings so I push people away a lot.

On a lighter note, I guess, I've been noticing that my parents are acting...well not like the people I thought I knew. These aren't the same people I grew up with at all. The parental units I knew were a little more....serious minded and conservative, not slightly goofy. I have seen them do funny things in the past, but just like I am their humor was a bit more subtle. I don't know whether or not I am comfortable with it from a strictly personal level. When things get too goofy for me I just raise an eyebrow and give "the look" as I like to call it. I guess I really don't know my parents after all. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Did anyone go from being the homecoming king, football captain, straight A student, dated the cheerleader and made lots of money working for his dad's law firm to a flithy stinking drunk?

That's the story that I want to hear.:hehe:

Maybe in a year's time I can come back and resolutely give you a story of that magnitude but from a more feminine perspective. I'm still trying to work a few things out with myself right now that are puzzling me because I'm not used to being in these sorts of situation. I'm feeling just a wee bit awkward and self conscious right now.

I'm way more confident in myself then back then. I'm much more reasonable, smarter and understanding when it comes to confrontations with people. Other than that I'm pretty much the same.

I'm about 40 percent High School Bill, 60 percent new Bill. And I'd say I'm much better off for it. :up:

I'm a heap bigger and smarter than my high school self. I smoke 1/900th of the amount of pot that I did back then too.
Same here, only now I smoke 900x the amount of pot I did back then.

Actually, that's a lie. 900 x 0 = 0. I smoke more than that.

Since leaving high school I have lost sixty pounds, varied my wardrobe, and become more openly gay, although I'm still a socially paralyzed nerd who can never seem to connect with people around me.

Yes I would say I am more confident, wiser, stronger and mature. Although some of my changes have not been for the better relating to my temper and patience. However I would blame that more on outside influences.

I've become more sad, and more bitter, and the pain has grown so big and uncontrollable that I can't even remember what real joy felt like.

Also, I'm not a virgin anymore, so that's cool, and a CONFIDENCE BOOSTER!

When you think about who you are as a person, would you consider yourself to be the same person you were in high school emotionally and possibly physically?

Or would you say that you are not the same person as you were in high school and have become very different in more ways than one?

Like with me. Even though I'm 25 now, I pay bills, have my own place and more responsible; in a way I still consider myself to be the same anti-social loner I was in high school, like I never got out of it for some reason. And as far as physically, I pretty much still look the same way I did back then.

In a lot of ways I'm the same, and in a lot of ways I'm not. I'm much more mature now but I dont have as much fun. Its an odd trade off. I would like the maturity and the fun, but I cant mix oil and water.

Physically, I'm a little heavier but I really look the same as I did in high school. People are amazed at how little I've aged. I'm more comfortable with women and telling people off but I'm still not social. I think I'm smarter, but less ambitious.

The usual things that come with maturity, I guess.:yay:

In a lot of ways I'm the same, and in a lot of ways I'm not. I'm much more mature now but I dont have as much fun. Its an odd trade off. I would like the maturity and the fun, but I cant mix oil and water.

Physically, I'm a little heavier but I really look the same as I did in high school. People are amazed at how little I've aged. I'm more comfortable with women and telling people off but I'm still not social. I think I'm smarter, but less ambitious.

The usual things that come with maturity, I guess.:yay:

You know, there are days when I wish I could tell maturity to take a flying leap because it gives people the wrong impressions about me sometimes.

The only physically aspect that I've changed was that I straighten my hair, sometimes wear glasses over contacts and occasionally grown a beard. I've gotten a little taller, but not much.

Since then I do feel a bit more knowledgeable. I'd like to think that I've become a bit wiser. Socially I'm still the same.

I'm a bit more cynical and less apt to deal with peoples BS....

You know, there are days when I wish I could tell maturity to take a flying leap because it gives people the wrong impressions about me sometimes.

Amen to that. I used to have all sorts of wise acre one liners that worked on shock value. I really have no use for that sort of thing anymore. My friends are bored with me now. :o I've gotten so PC.

I have changed drastically.

In high school, my mind was on girls and my lack of luck with them (even when I did date longer than a few weeks, my commitment fears kept me from sticking around). I also had no motivation to do anything with my life. Physically, I was slimmer, and never seemed to be able to pack on muscle- but then again, that was due to my martial arts.

Nowadays, I weigh 40 lbs. more (not fatter, thank God), actually have motivation enough to get into stunt work and acting professionally, as well as do other activities I've always wanted to do like bass guitar (going on two years now). Been with my girlfriend for a year and a half now, so I got through my commitment issues for the most part.

Overall, I'm doing better, I think. More stable emotionally, although probably not psychologically. :p

I think I'm quite different. I'm more cynical now but thats probabley because I'm out in the big wide world and not in High School. I'm way more open minded, more well travelled and well read.

I'm less eccentric but still have very much my own style and way of doing things.

I am an entirely different person, and that is fantastic.

I actually wish I was the same kid I was in high school naive, dumb, didnt know ****. Ha now knowing to much and being my opinionated self gets me into all kinds of ****.

I think everyone should be answering yes to this question. Some may feel like they ae the same person they were in high school, but we all change as we get older. Heck, I'll say I'm a different man than I was yesterday. It is a natural progression for us to change as time goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"