Who will be new president of USA in 2009?

Mormonism is a form of Christianity.

The issue of religion can easily be overlooked though, a smart Romney political consultant could actually turn it into a positive. Make Romney confront nay sayers by saying, yes I am a mormon, my family is Mormon and we are proud of it. If the American people think this disqualifies me as being a credible candidate for the office of President, then so be it - I am not going to hide my religion as if it is something to be ashamed of. I understand the importance of family, religion and values in our culture and for me to betray them merely for power would be unthinkable.

BOOM! Instant props for Romney. Issue solved. Reagan did a similar thing when his age was an issue - he simply turned it around.

The problem is that most of Christianity does not like Mormonism. When I was a Methodist, my Sunday School teacher told us that the Mormons and Johavah's Witnesses were cults.

Here's an interesting poll on potential candidates:

editorandpublisher.com said:
Gallup: Americans Say They Will Vote for a Black or Woman -- But a Mormon? A 72-Year-Old?

By E&P Staff

Published: February 20, 2007 10:30 AM ET

NEW YORK A new Gallup survey confirms that Americans claim they will be willing to vote for a woman (read: Hillary Clinton) or a black (read: Barack Obama) for president next year. But they still raise questions about voting for a well-qualified Mormon (Mitt Romney) or 72-year-old (John McCain) or someone who has been divorced twice (Rudy Giuliani).

Surprisingly, nearly as many say they would vote for a homosexual (55%) as say they would vote for a 72-year-old (57%).

Most censored: atheists.

"While Americans overwhelmingly say they would vote for a black, woman, Catholic, or Hispanic president, they are less likely to say they would support a Mormon candidate, one who is 72 years old, or one who has been married three times," Gallup reported.

Asked if they'd be willing to vote for a "generally well-qualified" candidate with the followign characterisitics, here's how the tally went in the Feb. 9- 11 poll.

Black 94%
Jewish 92%
A woman 88%
Hispanic 87%
Mormon 72%
Married for third time 67%
72 years of age 57%
A homosexual 55%
An atheist 45%

Conservatives express more misgivings about candidates from all of the above categories -- except the age question, where they are more disapproving of voting for someone 72 or over.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003547514

As an atheist, it's extremely disheartening that in a country that preaches freedom of relgion, those who follow that belief system are less respected then homosexuals, even with all the homophbia in this country.

Scientologists are left out again :cmad:.

Xenu bless America!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"