BvS Will S.T.A.R. Labs be in BvS?

S.T.A.R. LABS existed in the books long before Hamilton. He's never been the Head guy over there or anything except in the S:TAS, and that still was at the Metropolis lab. I'm not understanding how Hamilton dying in MOS affects anything.

BTW, one of the late 1980's early 90's stories in the Superman books, during Superman's post Gangbuster Exile story, was of Corporate Lex seeking to make a hostile take over of STAR.

Won't Star lab be interesting in Zod?

That's assuming that Superman didn't take custody of Zod's body.

Jor-el AI told Clark that Earth doesn't have to make the same mistakes Krypton did. Seems like leaving all that Kryptonian tech and Zod's body in the hands of various parties on Earth, willy nilly, is just tempting fate. I personally want Superman to put all the stuff laying around and Zod's body into one place away from prying eyes. Say... A cavern in the Arctic he builds himself? :cwink:

Jor-el AI told Clark that Earth doesn't have to make the same mistakes Krypton did. Seems like leaving all that Kryptonian tech and Zod's body in the hands of various parties on Earth, willy nilly, is just tempting fate. I personally want Superman to put all the stuff laying around and Zod's body into one place away from prying eyes. Say... A cavern in the Arctic he builds himself? :cwink:

Maybe Superman builds a tomb for Zod? I'd like that. Hmm, i just thought of something: Would it even be possible to perform an autopsy on a Kryptonian body? I mean, could a scalpel cut Zods flesh? Or does the cells in the body loose their power after death?(Writing that out, it sounds obvious that they do...)

I'm sure this has been suggested before.. but maybe Lexcorp is in possession of Zod's corpse, and Lexcorp discovers the effects of Kryptonite by experimenting on Zod's body

And that doesn't sound like an interesting concept to explore? :wow:
Perhaps Jor-El's words could be interpreted as a foreshadowing.

I'm sure this has been suggested before.. but maybe Lexcorp is in possession of Zod's corpse, and Lexcorp discovers the effects of Kryptonite by experimenting on Zod's body

I imagine the Government would get a hold of it. Perhaps Lex could serve in an advisory role for DARPA since Hamilton disappeared.

Hmm, then again, would Superman build a tomb for the guy who killed his father and threathened the world? Maybe not.

I'm trying to imagine what happened after Zod died. We never got the real aftermath.

Did the Government come and take Zod away as Superman watched and wept?
Or did he pick himself up, think for a second, and take the body away, as well as with the Kryptonian technology?
Would it have occurred to him to take them away?
The Government would probably declare them their property, as they were on American soil when perished. I don't if Supes would have been allowed to take them away. But both studying Zod's corpse and the technology are potential threats to himself and the world, and that's an exciting concept to explore.
For Supes to take them away out of fear of misuse, would indicate he himself doesn't trust humanity, which is the opposite impression that he should be going for and believing in.

You know, that is one of the things i would have wanted to see in MOS. Maybe a shot of Superman picking up Zods body and flying away, or something. My brother, who is an old school Christopher Reeve Superman fan(and liked MOS very much) called that out as a plot hole. I justified it as something that would be dealt with in the next film.

Out of decency, I can easily see Superman taking Zod's body and burying him somewhere. But I can't see him taking away the Alien tech as well.

Even the ruins of the World Engine will probably be salvaged.

Out of decency, I can easily see Superman taking Zod's body and burying him somewhere. But I can't see him taking away the Alien tech as well.

Even the ruins of the World Engine will probably be salvaged.

Yes, i meant that Superman would carry Zods body away. What are your thoughts on Star Labs investigating the rest of the alien tech?

I think for sure some K-tech is in various parties hands. We know from the in narrative "documentary" that the government has the beetle ship Zod took to retrieve the ancient scout ship. That being said I don't think Superman would have or should have left the vast majority of the wreckage of the scout ship or the WE just laying around, and he could easily be thought of to have been able to retrieve most before any human authorities could. That's not fear, that's prudence I think. Having him create a FOS for the purpose of caching all that tech in one place and a tomb for Zod would make for potent "show, don't tell". Plus if he could get some to work like say the gravity beam in some way, he'd have equipment to "test his limits" with. Can someone imagine him doing Goku style hyper gravity training? I can. Again, some tech in human hands makes sense. Him just allowing the lion's share to be in human hands seems unwise.

I'd be more worried about all those Kryptonian fetuses that were aboard the ship. I'm guessing they were completely destroyed when Superman used his heat vision though. But just imagine what sort of new discoveries could be made if some of the bodies were recovered. Stem Cell research would take about 10 steps ahead :D

Except there were no fetuses. Zod needed the Codex to do that, remember? When Jor-el talks to Zod the birthing chamber is being prepared, but there are no Kryptonian fetuses yet. That can't happen without the Codex. True, one can imagine all manner of exotic materials that could be retrieved from the ship that pertain to bio-engineering. All the more reason for Superman to take custody of it, I think.

I can imagine Bizarro stemming (cough) from that ship...

Except there were no fetuses. Zod needed the Codex to do that, remember? When Jor-el talks to Zod the birthing chamber is being prepared, but there are no Kryptonian fetuses yet. That can't happen without the Codex. True, one can imagine all manner of exotic materials that could be retrieved from the ship that pertain to bio-engineering. All the more reason for Superman to take custody of it, I think.
That's the thing I'm most interested in though. The effects it would have on the world. The concept of weaponry and technology improving so much, that it'll cause hostility towards the status quo. The positives and but mostly the negatives it would hold to the world. Earth heading towards Krypton's fate. Like a message of how our mismanagement with the things we have and ares still creating could one day lead to our planet's ruin.
Jor-El's words could be interpreted as a foreshadowing.

That's the thing I'm most interested in though. The effects it would have on the world. The concept of weaponry and technology improving so much, that it'll cause hostility towards the status quo. The positives and but mostly the negatives it would hold to the world. Earth heading towards Krypton's fate. Like a message of how our mismanagement with the things we have and ares still creating could one day lead to our planet's ruin.
Jor-El's words could be interpreted as a foreshadowing.

You'll forgive me, but... I think the type of film to explore the things you are looking for here is not a big budget super hero tentpole film. No matter how much people say THE DARK KNIGHT or THE WINTER SOLDIER explored deep, meaningful ideas... They really didn't. At the end of the day I don't think the themes they brought up were plumbed with any depth actually. Probably because they were worked into a story of a man that solves the world's problems by dressing up in a costume and punching people.

You'll forgive me, but... I think the type of film to explore the things you are looking for here is not a big budget super hero tentpole film. No matter how much people say THE DARK KNIGHT or THE WINTER SOLDIER explored deep, meaningful ideas... They really didn't. At the end of the day I don't think the themes they brought up were plumbed with any depth actually. Probably because they were worked into a story of a man that solves the world's problems by dressing up in a costume and punching people.

Regardless, that's what they still try to convey :p

Krypton suffering that said fate would certainly work as a foreshadowing for Earth. Even Zod's meddling was a slight message to that. Now just imagine if it were us who did damage to ourselves and we nearly ended up destroying ourselves in however means. Superman's essentially on Earth to save people from themselves and show them some light on improvement, like the Messiah. Us destroying ourselves and our planet through our mismanagement would serve as the perfect place for Superman to save us, and fulfil his role and destiny.
Now I like what they did on All Star Superman, where he searched with his science to discover means to actually help people. Whereas Lex in one panel literally refused to help anyone and claimed his science was dedicated to the destruction of Superman.

It all ties neatly together, better than what TDK and CA tried to get across. Because Superman's role as Earth's saviour is the main thing about MOS. Him saving Earth in a way Krypton couldn't be saved from our own people's mismanagement, would work really well.

It works better than an evil alien trying to pummel us :o

I mean what if we get some message of environmental issues with Aquaman as well? :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I'm just wondering who leads STAR Labs bar Dr Hamilton?

Was he the head of Star Labs? I thought it was DARPA?

Could be Cyborg's parents?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"