Who will the galaxys most formidable Jedi vote for?

Are you calling me racist? And define notable. I can quote Hype members who said it?

Like I said.. notable. it's sad that you generalize an entire race based on what some faceless trolls said on an internet forum.

Who's to say that Mark Hammill doesn't know politics?

But to answer the question entirely honestly, I'd probably go to the lecture by the person who knows the topic, but my attendance would also hinge on my interest in the topic as well.

I dunno, if I'm not mistaken the only campaign he's ever shown interest in prior to this was George McGovern. It just never seemed like his cup of tea. Just an odd spokesman, is all.

Like I said.. notable. it's sad that you generalize an entire race based on what some faceless trolls said on an internet forum.

Okay, I'm really getting sick of the race baiting and veiled insults, so this is your last chance to knock it off.

Oh really, how has our country benefited by electing G.W Bush?
No Talking points, just verifiable facts.

**CRICKETS**

G.W. Bush's diplomacy helped stop the growing danger of North Korea, since 9/11 the country has been free from Terrorist attack and, while not perfect, we have become more secure. Bush has done more for Africa and the various problems over there than any other President.

While one could easily argue the War in Iraq was unneeded, the removal of Saddam Hussein from power was a good thing for the world, and by extension this country. We removed Al Queda's control and manipulation of the Afganistan government.

American DID receive a tax break that did, if only temporarily, bolster the economy.

My statement, however, was not a statement in support of Bush. Only that anyone who would choose to follow Mark Hammil's word and opinion on politics over a President, former Governor and a man with far more knowledge (taught and experienced) is utterly ridiculous and irrational.

Okay, I'm really getting sick of the race baiting and veiled insults, so this is your last chance to knock it off.

Who was the first one to bring up race? YOU!

Skin color didn't hurt either when you have idiots admitting they are voting for him because he is black.

Skin color didn't hurt either when you have idiots admitting they are voting for him because he is black.

Referencing the role of race is not necessarily "race baiting". Especially when the statement is absolutely correct, like this is.

G.W. Bush's diplomacy helped stop the growing danger of North Korea, since 9/11 the country has been free from Terrorist attack and, while not perfect, we have become more secure. Bush has done more for Africa and the various problems over there than any other President.

North Korea was never a threat. That's why we have over 40,000 troops in South Korea. Kim Jung's saber rattling was nothing more then a chiuhuahua barking as you approach the neighbors door.

While one could easily argue the War in Iraq was unneeded, the removal of Saddam Hussein from power was a good thing for the world, and by extension this country. We removed Al Queda's control and manipulation of the Afganistan government.

How may Americans did Saddam attack or kill prior to us invading. The people in Iraq lived in better conditions then those in North Korea, or any African Nation. But we haven't attacked them. And Darfur is 1,00,000,000. times worst then Iraq ever was. But I don't see you conservatives saying **** about bringing democracy to them.

American DID receive a tax break that did, if only temporarily, bolster the economy.

My statement, however, was not a statement in support of Bush. Only that anyone who would choose to follow Mark Hammil's word and opinion on politics over a President, former Governor and a man with far more knowledge (taught and experienced) is utterly ridiculous and irrational.

You mean the man who sat for 20 minutes as innocent Americans were burned alive in WTC? The same President who lied about the Pat Tilman shooting? The same President lied about WMD's? The same President that waited for 4 days before visiting the worst natural disaster to hit America in decades? Oh please, **** yes I'll take Mark Hamill over bush. Who benefitted because his dad was influential. G.W is a recipient of reverse affirmative action, because he got the job based on who he knew, not what he knew.

Referencing the role of race is not necessarily "race baiting". Especially when the statement is absolutely correct, like this is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok, I forgot that being Black in American politics is an assest AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Please tell me, how many Black Governers have we had. And how many Black Senators have we had.

***CRICKETS***

Bitterness in it's rawest form.

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Gov. Ed Rendell, one of Hillary Rodham Clinton's most visible supporters, said some white Pennsylvanians are likely to vote against her rival Barack Obama because he is black.

You're right it is correct.

North Korea was never a threat. That's why we have over 40,000 troops in South Korea. Kim Jung's saber rattling was nothing more then a chiuhuahua barking as you approach the neighbors door.

:lmao:

A crazed dictator that wanted nukes and is very anti-West, yes no problem at all.

How may Americans did Saddam attack or kill prior to us invading. The people in Iraq lived in better conditions then those in North Korea, or any African Nation. But we haven't attacked them. And Darfur is 1,00,000,000. times worst then Iraq ever was. But I don't see you conservatives saying **** about bringing democracy to them.

How many Americans did Hitler attack or kill prior to us invading? The fact is that Saddam flat out ignored and violated the peace treaty made after the Gulf War. That alone is enough to enter military conflict. That alone justifies attacking Iraq.

You mean the man who sat for 20 minutes as innocent Americans were burned alive in WTC? The same President who lied about the Pat Tilman shooting? The same President lied about WMD's? The same President that waited for 4 days before visiting the worst natural disaster to hit America in decades? Oh please, **** yes I'll take Mark Hamill over bush. Who benefitted because his dad was influential. G.W is a recipient of reverse affirmative action, because he got the job based on who he knew, not what he knew.

There is nothing the President could of done during that 20 minutes that would of changed anything. Come on, be realistic here.

I don't believe the President ever lied about Pat Tilman's shooting - I believe that was a mistake made by the Army. Lied implies intent.

Again, it was believed that Iraq DID have WMD's - not a lie. Bill Clinton believed it, Hillary believed it, John Kerry believed it, etc. Did they lie too?

Katrina was a product of the incompetence of the Louisiana and New Orleans government - not Bush. Again, what was Bush to do - enter New Orleans as it was a war zone? No. He couldn't arrive until after it was secure.

Reverse Affirmative Action? LOL. The word you are looking for is Nepotism and to a certain extent you ARE correct. Being a Bush didn't hurt. Just like being a Clinton doesn't hurt Hillary. Bush didn't get where he is solely because of his last name though - it was his record in Texas that got him President.

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Gov. Ed Rendell, one of Hillary Rodham Clinton's most visible supporters, said some white Pennsylvanians are likely to vote against her rival Barack Obama because he is black.

You're right it is correct.

Of all the people I personally know that are supporting Obama - his being black is often a fairly large reason. Posters like Excel have pointed to his being black as the primary reason he supports him. My best friend, a white guy, is voting for Obama - mainly because he is black.

Yes - some ignorant whites are voting against Obama simply because his race. But his campaign is where it is now, in part, due to his race. If Obama was white - he would not have the support he has now. His race HAS helped him in this election.

That isn't racist or ignorant - its simple truth.

A crazed dictator that wanted nukes and is very anti-West, yes no problem at all.

Name one dictator in any country that doesn't share those same sentiments?

How many Americans did Hitler attack or kill prior to us invading?

That wasn't my question. But since you're to afraid to answer my question I'll answer yours. To my knowledge.. NONE!

There is nothing the President could of done during that 20 minutes that would of changed anything. Come on, be realistic here.

He could scrambled jets for one, not sit there and read a book that was up-side down. There were 67 ordered intercepts in the calendar year of 2001 prior to 911.

I don't believe the President ever lied about Pat Tilman's shooting - I believe that was a mistake made by the Army. Lied implies intent.

Didn't George Bush himself said the "The Buck stops here"

Again, it was believed that Iraq DID have WMD's - not a lie. Bill Clinton believed it, Hillary believed it, John Kerry believed it, etc. Did they lie too?

Yes, they lied.

Katrina was a product of the incompetence of the Louisiana and New Orleans government - not Bush. Again, what was Bush to do - enter New Orleans as it was a war zone?

Another media myth, NO wasn't a friggin war zone.

NEW ORLEANS — After five days managing near riots, medical horrors and unspeakable living conditions inside the Superdome, Louisiana National Guard Col. Thomas Beron prepared to hand over the dead to representatives of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Following days of internationally reported murders, rapes and gang violence inside the stadium, the doctor from FEMA — Beron doesn't remember his name — came prepared for a grisly scene: He brought a refrigerated 18-wheeler and three doctors to process bodies.
"I've got a report of 200 bodies in the Dome," Beron recalled the doctor saying.
The real total?
Six, Beron said.
Of those, four died of natural causes, one overdosed and another jumped to his death in an apparent suicide

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002520986_katmyth26.html

No. He couldn't arrive until after it was secure.

Can you please tell me why Harry Connick Jr. was able to roam freely with no weapons, in and around N.O during this so called warzone?

Reverse Affirmative Action? LOL. The word you are looking for is Nepotism and to a certain extent you ARE correct. Being a Bush didn't hurt. Just like being a Clinton doesn't hurt Hillary. Bush didn't get where he is solely because of his last name though - it was his record in Texas that got him President.

Reverse Affirmative action sounds better:)

Name one dictator in any country that doesn't share those same sentiments?

And I consider all of those dictators dangerous. They get far more serious, however, when they start making moves towards developing a Nuclear arsenal - like North Korea did. That is why Iran and North Korea get more focus than Syria.

Syria, it should also be noted, ended its weapons program after we invaded Iraq. I am sure that was just a coincidence.

That wasn't my question. But since you're to afraid to answer my question I'll answer yours. To my knowledge.. NONE!

Was attacking Germany reasonable then?

He could scrambled jets for one, not sit there and read a book that was up-side down. There were 67 ordered intercepts in the calendar year of 2001 prior to 911.

You are acting like such a procedure required the action of the President. Did those 67 ordered intercepts all called for personally by the President himself? If so, the bureaucracy in Washington is even worse than I feared.

Didn't George Bush himself said the "The Buck stops here"

So Bush should be held responsible for every mistake made by a subordinate? Okay, I hope you hold all candidates and Presidents by that same rule. Obama and his racist pastor, for example.

Yes, they lied.

Fine, if you believe that.

Another media myth, NO wasn't a friggin war zone.

NEW ORLEANS — After five days managing near riots, medical horrors and unspeakable living conditions inside the Superdome, Louisiana National Guard Col. Thomas Beron prepared to hand over the dead to representatives of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Following days of internationally reported murders, rapes and gang violence inside the stadium, the doctor from FEMA — Beron doesn't remember his name — came prepared for a grisly scene: He brought a refrigerated 18-wheeler and three doctors to process bodies.
"I've got a report of 200 bodies in the Dome," Beron recalled the doctor saying.
The real total?
Six, Beron said.
Of those, four died of natural causes, one overdosed and another jumped to his death in an apparent suicide

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002520986_katmyth26.html

Can you please tell me why Harry Connick Jr. was able to roam freely with no weapons, in and around N.O during this so called warzone?

I know people that were in New Orleans during and immediately after Katrina. All of them have horror stories. All of them paint a picture of chaos and anarchy. While its okay for Harry Connick Jr. to risk his life covering a story - the life of the President of the United States is more valuable and he/she is forced to be more secure than a typical journalist.

And, again, what could of Bush done personally in New Orleans?

Reverse Affirmative action sounds better:)

No. Affirmative Action is getting to a certain position because of a race. Reverse Affirmative action would be getting to a certain position in spite of race. The idea of Reverse Affirmative Action doesn't apply to Bush at all. :huh:

Several members on this forum have admitted that they are voting for Obama because he is black... so Matt isn't totally incorrect on that one...

I wish Matt wouldn't of probation-ed him, I was enjoying our debate :(

I wish Matt wouldn't of probation-ed him, I was enjoying our debate :(

Wasn't my doing, though I do agree with it. He was race baiting and insulting posters since his first response to this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok, I forgot that being Black in American politics is an assest AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Please tell me, how many Black Governers have we had. And how many Black Senators have we had.

***CRICKETS***

Bitterness in it's rawest form.

But there are also numerous black House members as well.

And being black in American politics, in some districts or cities, is an asset. State legislators often create what are referred to as "majority/ minority districts," which are House districts where over 50% of the population is a minority. There are districts in Mississippi, South Carolina, New York, California and Texas-- to name a few-- which cater to African American/ Hispanic/ Asian interests and those interests alone. And many of those districts only elect African Americans to the House of Representatives. So yes, being black, in many cases, is an asset.

On the other hand, many African Americans haven't been elected to the Senate or the Governor's mansion because they haven't run solid campaigns.

There have been dozens of statewide candidates for office who were African American in the past few election cycles. Deval Patrick, Michael Steele, Harold Ford and Ken Blackwell ran in 2006. Patrick was the only African American who won, but he was a Democrat in a Democratic state. Steele was a Republican in Maryland, which always votes Democratic. Ford was a Democrat in Tennessee, which has trended Republican in the past fifteen years. Blackwell was a Republican running to succeed the least popular Governor in the United States at that time, who was also a Republican.

You also forget that Douglass Wilder was elected Governor of Virginia, that Carol Mosely Braun was the first female African American elected to the Senate... we are growing as a nation when it comes to minority candidates holding state or federal offices... but many African American candidates are defeated because they run poor campaigns or run in hard-to-win states. Harold Ford did surprisingly well for a Democrat in Tennessee... Lamar Alexander is up for re-election this year, let's see how well the Democrat does against him... Michael Steele could have beat Ben Cardin, but again, a liberal state elected a liberal senator...

Racism hasn't been much of a factor in state politics. Yeah, there will always be someone who won't vote for a Harold Ford or a Michael Steele because they're black... but that happens in every election... people didn't vote for Eliot Spitzer in New York because he was Jewish; some people didn't vote for Bill Richardson in New Mexico because he's Hispanic; some people didn't vote for Kathleen Sebelius in Kansas because she was a woman... this happens everywhere... but it isn't as horrible as you think. The fact that Harold Ford came four points away from beating Bob Corker in one of the most conservative states in the country should say something phenomenal about race relations in the south, if that...

Wasn't my doing, though I do agree with it. He was race baiting and insulting posters since his first response to this thread.

Oh I am not saying he didn't deserve it - only that I was enjoying the debate, in spite of it :woot:

Who will the galaxys most formidable Jedi vote for?

Joe Lieberman... because he looks so much like Darth Sideous(The Emperior) :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"