Who would play Sabretooth? Keep Mane or get new blood? Triple H? No Wrestlers?

Logan Howlett

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the new upcoming Wolverine spin off, everyone knows that Sabretooth is a must. What is Wolvie without his sadistic arch nemisis? But who are they going to get to play the big ol' sack o' psycho?

Tyler Mane has been critisised time and again for his poor portrayle of such a pivitol character, but who do you feel? Should he return?

On that note, if he were replaced who would play him? Would they get another wrestler? Should they stay away from wrestlers and go with a profesional actor? Either way, who could pull it off?

Personaly, and don't stone me for saying this, I think that Triple H, who played a Vampire in Blade Trinity, could pull it off rather well. He has that sadistic attitude, and pulled off a similar role in Blade: Trinity. What do you think, is he acceptable?

normal_1Triple_H_wife_Stephanie_McM.jpg

blade38ib.jpg

TripleH_001.jpg

U need someone big on top of a guy that can act... I don't want to see another Topher Grace type guy grabbing a Venom role... Sabertooth is a large man so I hope its Mane or triple H unless there are some bigger actors out there that can act

Basicaly my thoughts, though I like Grace as Brock, but its differnt here. At least with Venom they can use costuming and CG to make him bigger, but with Sabretooth they can't do that, he need to be naturaly big. He need muscel, and I don't wana see his character wasted.

Did Tyler Mane portray him poorly, or was there just nothing written for him? Because hey, looks-wise, combat-wise, Mane was a solid Sabretooth. And as a former pro wrestler, I'm certain that he knows how to be a trash-talker. He knows how to be loud, and obnoxious to boot. He'd have to, or he'd never have succeeded as a wrestler.

Give him a script with more Sabretooth-like material before we judge whether or not he was a failure.

Your right, I agree. However I think that the fight scene in X-Men was coriographed badly. Sabretooth is supposed to be an expertly trained fighter, martial arts and military combat style, and he is supposed to be much more limber than what was showed. So basicaly, better script, better direction, better choreography, and he COULD pull it off.

Plus I hate recasts... there are only two guys they need to bring back... Tyler and Kelly... I think they have to pull the trigger and resign them... I'm sure Tyler could pull it off even if it's cheezy

Cyclops said:
Did Tyler Mane portray him poorly, or was there just nothing written for him? Because hey, looks-wise, combat-wise, Mane was a solid Sabretooth. And as a former pro wrestler, I'm certain that he knows how to be a trash-talker. He knows how to be loud, and obnoxious to boot. He'd have to, or he'd never have succeeded as a wrestler.

Give him a script with more Sabretooth-like material before we judge whether or not he was a failure.

they just made him hell primative instead of the deadly intellgent sabertooth we all know just make him this way and he will be fine

I think a recast is in order. Tyler obviously didn't fight to make Sabretooth who we wanted but I understand writing and directing dilemas. If Sabretooth is going to be a forefront villian...I would like to see an actor that can tap into that sick and saudistic side that is Sabretooth. But we do need a big bulky wrestler type guy. I do think Triple H could pull it off a lot better than Tyler.

I dont think that Tyler Mane did that bad of a job, it was just that there was nothing for him to do in X1 :( . And if they did recast him (which there is no need for) I could see that Triple H guy as a pretty good Sabretooth.

"These days many politicians are demanding change. Just like homeless people" - George Carlin

"If I ever lose my mind, I hope some honest person will bring it to Lost and Found" - George Carlin

I dont think that Tyler Mane did that bad of a job, it was just that there was nothing for him to do in X1 :( . And if they did recast him (which there is no need for) I could see that Triple H guy as a pretty good Sabretooth.

"These days many politicians are demanding change. Just like homeless people" - George Carlin

"If I ever lose my mind, I hope some honest person will bring it to Lost and Found" - George Carlin

I would actually get a smaller guy, a scrapper, someone who could knock you down just by looking at you. A tough as nails, no nonsense guy, but with a brain to match. I'm thinking someone like Sean Penn.

Cyclops said:

I agree.

I met the fella once and he's got bags more personality than you'd think. I don't know what his range is like, but
he's life and soul and did a great 'growl' when you mentioned Wolverine. You can see him switch into WWF-mode. He was a charming *****-cat otherwise ,and an absolute gentleman with the good lady wife.

He was doing a signing/appearing at a showing of X1 and the lady wife and I took him out for dinner. She worked for the chain of stores were he was doing the signings and we had to take him for dinner while the film was on. Chatting a bit over the meal I also got the impression he'd read a lot of Sabretooth stuff and totally loved getting the part.

I don't see why he couldn't do a lot more and couldn't carry the part further. As you say Cyc:

Cyclops said:

An' hey, it's gotta be better acting than Vinnie Jones (not that I'd say that to his face)...

Lactose the Intollerent

Flame on! said:
I would actually get a smaller guy, a scrapper, someone who could knock you down just by looking at you. A tough as nails, no nonsense guy, but with a brain to match. I'm thinking someone like Sean Penn.

I know you did not just say you would have Sean Penn play Sabretooth?...........:eek: :eek: :mad: DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SABRETOOTH LOOKS LIKE?!!!!! In the comics he is suposed to be somewhere between 6 foot 5 and 7 feet tall! He is hulking, TWICE the size of Wolverine! The personality my be acurate, but NO WAY would I watch any X-Men movie with Sean Penn as Sabretooth! Thats like saying, hey lets get Clay Akin to play Cyclops, or hey lets have Jason Mews play Wolverine! You must have been doing srugs during that post!

Olcanucklehead said:
he is suposed to be somewhere between 6 foot 5 and 7 feet tall! He is hulking, TWICE the size of Wolverine!
A guy who is not correct in height playing a weapon x experiment in a Fox feature film? You're right, I must've gone mad.

Dude its not just a matter of height, but build, and over all look. Not to mention the fact that Tyler Mane has already established the basic overall look for Sabretooth, to completly change that would screw the film! Also in the case of Logan they were only a few inches off, and you try to find a 5 foot 5 actor with the skills and build for the part. you'll be fishing in one shallow pool! But Creed has a look that you just can't divert from!

Olcanucklehead said:
Dude its not just a matter of height, but build, and over all look. Not to mention the fact that Tyler Mane has already established the basic overall look for Sabretooth, to completly change that would screw the film!
Didn't you just champion Triple H to take over the role?
Also in the case of Logan they were only a few inches off
Over 12, to be exact.
But Creed has a look that you just can't divert from!
No he doesn't.

I think you're taking the Penn thing way to literally. I was basically saying that I would cast, oh I dunno, a good actor for a change. A concept that has become increasingly unpopular these days.

Hey a good actor I don't mind, just as long as he can maintain the image. And the height differnce on Wolverine all dpends on which comic you read, it has shifted from below 5 feet to 5 foot 5, and in ultimate he is just under 6 feet, maybe 5 foot 9. It has shifted alot over the years.

Wolverine's official height has always been 5'3". That hasn't changed. Ultimate Wolverine is 6'1", modeled more after Jackman, who is also 6'1".

I posted in another thread that I think Trips would be good. I would give him a chance if he could do well in any audition. I've seen him in some comedy stuff outside of Blade and he comes of differently so I think he might be able to pull it off and he definitley looks the part.

If the company casts him they should release his audition tape to assuage any fears the fans might have that he's gonna be a crappy Sabretooth.

TRIPLE H!!! He's even got the mutton-chops, now! And he physically looks the part much more than Tyler Mane. Triple H IS Sabretooth!

And in Blade: Trinity, we've even seen him with fangs!

Oh, and Sabretooth should definitely NOT have those black eyes!:o After all, Wolverine wasn't given his sharp canine teeth, and his being a mutant was conveyed just fine.

Tyler Mane should return. In my opinion he was the perfect Sabretooth. He needs only more dialogue and more to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"