Who would play Sabretooth? Keep Mane or get new blood? Triple H? No Wrestlers?

I hate recasting, and Tyler didn't get s*** to do anyway in X-Men, so I say keep him.

...But if Tyler Mane can't play Sabertooth again, I like the idea of Triple H being Sabertooth. People can't say he can't act, because that's what his job is, and he is big enough to play him.

No one will really notice or care, except a few hardcore fanboys, at a recast. The majority of the movie going X fans IMO wouldn't really care. Triple H is better anyways IMO. We didn't get to see Mane act as Sabretooth so I am kind of leary. I thought Triple H was good in Blade Trinity. I really don't care who the actor is but I do care how they portray him...so I really don't care but I go for H if push comes to shove.

I say keep Tyler Mane, he was awesome imo:up:

HHH doesnt seem too bad...Sabertooth doesnt require a four star actor to play him...its quite easy as long as they give him role so I go for the wrestler since he has the look down

I think you're taking the Penn thing way to literally. I was basically saying that I would cast, oh I dunno, a good actor for a change. A concept that has become increasingly unpopular these days.
But sabertooths charecter doesnt have much variations in terms of acting...back when I used to watch wrestling (many moons ago :o ) ...HHH seemed pretty sadistic, and in Blade he didnt do too bad so I wouldnt mind...I actually love the idea, since he looks the part :up:

Triple H, from what I have seen in both Blade Trinity and his performances in the WWF and now that its the WWE, he plays a psychotic personality well. That sadistic tone that has always been Sabretooth. I think I could easily see him trying to toment Wolverine and torture the poeple he loves. Its that dark humor that he can portray that I think Triple H could do perfectly, the way he can skin you and eat pop tarts at the same time. The way Sbaretooth has always come off is psychotic, dark, and animalistic, yet so poetic when he speaks of horrible things. Trip H could pull it off well IMO.

I did not particularly like the "movie version" of Sabertooth.
They portrayed him as yet another pointless ( and mindless ) drone, which made me not really want to see more of the character after he was "defeated" in X-Men. The problem with the Wolverine movie is that it involves a lot of elements from the other X-Men movies ( namely the main actor ) and it would seem kind of weird to completely change what they went with in the first movie. Still, you can't have a Wolverine movie without at least mentionning Sabertooth and maybe since it's a prequel, there is a chance the character could end up being good.

Personnaly, for the Wolverine movie, I would try to distance myself as much as possible from the X-Men movies, thus creating a feeling of "other interpretation of..." for Logan, allowing for the presence of elements that may not "fit" with the other movies...

Ruf Chiyuuk said:
I did not particularly like the "movie version" of Sabertooth.
They portrayed him as yet another pointless ( and mindless ) drone, which made me not really want to see more of the character after he was "defeated" in X-Men. The problem with the Wolverine movie is that it involves a lot of elements from the other X-Men movies ( namely the main actor ) and it would seem kind of weird to completely change what they went with in the first movie. Still, you can't have a Wolverine movie without at least mentionning Sabertooth and maybe since it's a prequel, there is a chance the character could end up being good.

Personnaly, for the Wolverine movie, I would try to distance myself as much as possible from the X-Men movies, thus creating a feeling of "other interpretation of..." for Logan, allowing for the presence of elements that may not "fit" with the other movies...

I agee with you, completely!:up: The Wolverine movie should have a very different feel than the X-Men films. And Sabretooth needs to be done differently, as well.

Cyclops said:
Wolverine's official height has always been 5'3". That hasn't changed. Ultimate Wolverine is 6'1", modeled more after Jackman, who is also 6'1".

Jackman's height is 6'2" and a half, while the Ultimate version of Wolverine stands at 5'9".

Ultimate Wolverine has SHRUNK?!

Because when the series started, he was officially, on the records, 6'1".

Tyler mane was awesome,what did he do wrong with that role? also,hes a fan addict,I spoke with him for a good 15 minutes and so did the people in line behind me(we where first in line as wcc) and then when a dude in a wheel chair came up he talked to him for to the point of having others come up and join the convo as he signed autgraphs,he even signed the dueds chair for godsake.hes awesome and CARES about the role,he mentioned not having any issues with being life flighted due to his contacts because HE LEFTS THEM IN to get used to being the character and seeing like "a lion,which is how i wanted it"-direct quote from him to me-I think he was perfect and shouldent be recast but should be re conceptulized to be more scruffy.I want him coverd in animals furs and raggy clthing and hair from head to toe and since budjet will allow,some semi quadraped movement.Hes perfect and just the right face for the job.Against triple h,hes not an actor and his dialog left much to be desired(cuting away my inner ear for instace) and hes been to many places,tyler was new and is and always will be saber tooth,his lines,although short and minimal were well done "scream for me" was it right? well that was enough and he did it just fine.

edit-can somone ps a pic of mane with more hair and more dirt and grime?
edit-Hes signed for two more films by the way so i think hes expected to return.

I agree, I've always seen Triple H as Sabertooth. Even before the X films, I always imagined him being Creed if there ever was a Xmen film. I wasn't quite disappointed with Mane being Sabertooth but I wouldn't have mind it being Triplle HHH. As far as acting is concerned, I'm not sure how it would of panned out.

i think first off that if they do bring back sabertooth in the wolverine move then they have too have the same guy play him. Tyler mane is almost 7 feet tall and if i know Sabertooth so is he. Jackman is 6'2 so they need someone that will tower over him...triple H wiould have been awesome playing Sabertooth but they already had Mane and need to keep it that way. Juts like evryoen else said Tyler mane played what they wrote for him to do, maybe this time he will get a bigger part in the movie and show how much he can actually act as Victor Creed.

Cyclops said:
Wolverine's official height has always been 5'3". That hasn't changed. Ultimate Wolverine is 6'1", modeled more after Jackman, who is also 6'1".

Well, they draw Wolverine more like a 5'7 to 5'8 kind of guy, that or most of the chicks he hangs out with are 5'2, because I've noticed lots of artists draw them shorter then him, but then again that may just be out of habit because girls are usually drawn shorter then the men.

For me though, I'd like to have my Wolverine at 5'7ish because 5'3 is a little too short for me. I don't know why, I just wouldn't like it as much.

I say give Mane another chance...but I also don't have a problem with them re-casting since its a prequel and they should make him look a little different...definitely no more wrestlers...there are other ways to get better actors to appear larger and taller than they really are...they just need to cast the part first and then figure out how to make it work later.

I think that Tyler would do good he just didn't have a big part in X1. I was thinking about how someone said that he was primitive instead or intelligent. What if at the end of the wolverine movie we see Weapon X or Stryker or Magneto use that control serum like from X2 to get Sabretooth all primitive and obeying. I mean would sabretooth really have obeyed magneto in the comics? Plus if he's intelligent and all in the wolverine movie would the audiance wonder how he got this way?

I liked Tyler Mane as Sabretooth as well. I thought he did just fine with what they gave him. He could have done more if the role had been better written. I liked very much how he spoke to Storm -- Scream for me. That was pure Victor Creed. I say bring him back.

Keep Mane. Forget Triple-H. No other wrestlers.

I wouldnt care.
Mane or Triple H would do great jobs.

Triple H isn't bad, at all.

Tyler Mane claims to be 6'10". Though I saw him before and I would say 6'9".

HHH claims to be 6'4". I have seen him also and I am only 6'5" and he came to about my nose so I would say he is only 6'2" or so. Hardly bigger than Jackman. Plus, if you have seen his legs, they are really small (too many steroids).

Now, out of the two, Tyler would be my choice simply because he is a lot bigger than Jackman.

However, if we are going with wrestlers, my choice for Sabertooth would be THE BIGSHOW. 7' tall, 500 pounds. And has that monstrous voice to play the part. The problem is BIGSHOW isn't a fast guy but with FX they could make him look awesome.

-JASON

keep tyler, releasing next year. at least that is one actor locked in :)

Yea I agree if they write his part better Mane would be great as Sabretooth.

He cant not return. He is THE movie sabretooth. If you change him now, later on people will get angry that he is different. And non-fans will get confused, you hae to keep the same actors NO MATTER WHAT

unfortunately that isn't always the way it works astroid man, how many times was kitty cast in x-men movies and jubes as well. there was no one saying ...huh i thought she was played by blah blah blah. it dont matter with mane as sabes no one but us well know it was a recast *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"