World Who's the best Spidey Villain ever?

Wolvenom2099

Civilian
Reaction score
I know there has probably been a post like this before but I haven't seen one recently so I figured I'd give it a go.

Who is the best spidey villain ever? It doesn't matter if they've been in the movies or in the animated series or in the comics. What is your true thoughts on the spidey villains listed above.

Green Goblin and Dr Octopus are the best.

Doctor Octopus.

Best. Villain. Ever.

Doc Ock, hands (and tentacles) down.

Though I also have a fondness for Electro ('cause Max is such a dork sometimes) and Mysterio ('cause of my film grad spouse).

I put GG, because of the history he and Spidey have together. He has probably put him through more hell than any other villain. He hasn't been as good as he was in the silver age since his ressurection, but he's still one of the greats. Doc Ock is a close second.

Venom, just because he was my favorite as a kid. Though I do realize Doc Ock was pretty damn nasty himself...and actually did things to hurt Spider-Man besides sticking his tongue out.

Venom could hit Spidey early on where no one else could! I mean...the scene with Aunt May made me crack up, but the idea is the same.

No hammerhead???

In terms of lethallity, gotta include Carrion and Equinox!

Swarm was also pretty tough, yeah they're not A list villains, but then again, define best? :)

When I was younger it was Venom, but now I'm leaning toward Doc Ock.

I didn't realize until recently that I only thought Venom was really cool just because of how awesome he looks. Now that I'm no longer misguided by Venom, I would have to say that Green Goblin is the coolest.

The Green Goblin. Close thread.

Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock! Ock!

although venom is my favorite villian, green goblin's the best.

Ah...the penultimate question in Spider-Man history.

Hard to say. The cool guy in my avatar is my favorite, but I'm torn by the fact that Norman had so much to do with one of the most classic arcs in all of comicdom. As a personal favorite? Venom. As the best/ most suitable Peter's ever been matched with? The Green Goblin.

I am, of course, looking over the bad writing in each. Venom's anti-hero stage and the Goblin's resurrection means dirt to me.

The "best" is debatable, but for my personal favorites I'll say Mysterio, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Sandman, Venom and Shocker.

Green Goblin, with Doc Ock a very close second. GG had that personal history with both Peter and Spider-man that gives him an edge no one else has. He's as close to an adult-oriented villain as we've ever got. Most other villains are all about the visuals with no depth at all, even some very popular ones :cwink:. Even Carnage, with all the violence and uh, carnage he causes, is still very shallow and childish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"