World Who's voice do you imagine for Spider-Man?

Galactus123

Sidekick
Reaction score
What kind of voice do you imagine for Spider-Man when you think about Spider-Man or you are reading comics? Who's voice do you imagine to Spider-Man?

My favorite voice for Spider-Man comes from Rino Romano. He voiced Spider-Man in few video games and in Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon. His voice suits Spidey perfectly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd7qS01MZ7Y

Christopher Daniel Barnes sometimes as well as a similar voice that no one has given him in a show, but is a bit better in my head at dramatic line delivery. ;)

It helps that TAS introduced me to Spidey, for the record.

I simply love Rino Romano as Spidey because his voice just seemed perfect in that game. He would've been a great choice if Barnes didn't voice Spider-Man in TAS. Second, who'll obviously be Christopher Daniel Barnes, but there were certain parts of the show that seemed to show that CDB couldn't pull of a fantastic Spidey voice.

And Josh Keaton isn't a definitive voice for Spider-Man and he's like this new age of Spidey as Bruce Greenwood has become for Batman. The younger people will most likely vote for Keaton more than any other voice actor, imo, simply as new fans of Batman has been accustomed to Greenwood lately with Young Justice and Under the Red Hood.

Anyone else, meh. NPH is okay as well, but even Keaton is far better.

Last edited:
well, I grew up with Chris barnes voice, but I think he's on par with Josh Keaton and Rino Romano. However, I still hear CHris Barne's voice when I read the comics.

Last edited:
Ray Romano with a mouth full of cotton balls.

well, I grew up with Chris barnes voice, but I think he's on par with Josh Keaton and Rino Romano. However, I still hear CHris Barne's voice when I read the comics.

I wouldn't say Keaton is on par with Barnes or Romano at all, imo. Romano is pretty much the distinctive voice of Spidey for video games simply because of his iconic role as the voice of the wall-crawler in what is the best Spider-Man game of all time(and I keep picturing Spidey whenever I saw The Batman), and Barnes is as iconic as Spidey on a cartoon as Conroy is as Batman, or Keith David is as Goliath. Keaton, as I said, is like Greenwood. Those two work only as successors of sorts and that's pretty much it. Keaton works as the very young and still learning Spider-Man and can't pull off an adult Spidey, as heard from EOT, imo.

I actually really like the voice of young Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man the video game. He and Keaton are both excellent as young 15-16 Peter. But for college years and up, it's Barnes or a form of Barnes and some voice I made up in my head that has a bit more maturity to it.

Also, I too love Neversoft's N64/PS1 Spider-Man game, but I do think the Spider-Man 2 movie game beat it because it was one of the best free roams of its generation and captured the way he moves better than any other game.

Voice that comes to my mind changes on the scene, anyone of the guys to voice Spider-Man in the cartoons have a role

So when you think of Spider-Man, it's like a Shattered Dimensions game? Lol.

Been like that long before the game, but you can say that
Add Ted Schwartz, Paul Soles, and Rino Romano to the mix
Tobey Maguire & Mike Vaughn sometimes find their way in

I wish Will Friedle could do Spidey. I loved Batman Beyond

That's the only one I didn't imagine his voice
Forgot about Quenton Flynn

Chris Barnes will always be Spider-man to me.

Josh Keaton is Spidey to me just like Kevin Conroy is Batman, Hamill is Joker, and Blum is Wolverine.

It varies for me. I hear Barnes, Keaton, Romano and sometimes Tobey.

I hear Gilvezan as he voiced Spider-Man back in the 80s the most

I heard him only up until 1994. His voice has since been purged from my mind.

Been like that long before the game, but you can say that
Add Ted Schwartz, Paul Soles, and Rino Romano to the mix
Tobey Maguire & Mike Vaughn sometimes find their way in

Mike Vaughn is the whiniest Spidey VA I've ever heard.

Josh Keaton is Spidey to me just like Kevin Conroy is Batman, Hamill is Joker, and Blum is Wolverine.

Keaton shouldn't even be close to that list, imo. Well, neither should even Blum, imo. I much prefer Cathal Dodd as Wolvie.

Because so many others have come since him. For 12 years he was my last point of reference, so much so that when I first heard Barnes I didn't like him, simply because his voice was different from what I was used to.

Because so many others have come since him. For 12 years he was my last point of reference, so much so that when I first heard Barnes I didn't like him, simply because his voice was different from what I was used to.
I favor DG to most, place Rino Romano & NPH as near equals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"