Whose costume is better? - Part 1

Bringing this back from the dead. While I prefer the old suit in every regard, I do think that the TASM costume is serviceable, so I wouldn't mind seeing it for the remainder of the trilogy, or however many movies it ends up being.

Loved the Raimi costume though, especially the spider on the back.

Bringing this back from the dead. While I prefer the old suit in every regard, I do think that the TASM costume is serviceable, so I wouldn't mind seeing it for the remainder of the trilogy, or however many movies it ends up being.

Loved the Raimi costume though, especially the spider on the back.
This, this, to the core

I have a question about Spidey's costume, and this seems like the most relevant place to ask it. Did Steve Ditko or Jack Kirby design the costume?

Edit: What confuses me is that Lee went to Kirby first, saw his six-or-so-pages, and decided he didn't like Kirby's direction. Then he went to Ditko. But they still used Kirby's cover for AF#15. I don't know if Kirby drew the cover before or after Stan approached Ditko, or if the costume Spider-Man had in Kirby's pages is the classic Spidey suit. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Ditko designed the suit we all know and love.

Kirby's Spider-Man design is god awful.

ef1e75ef9f825a8c45b1d91cddeb5354.jpg

...That is just miserable! Thanks for clearing that up for me, gents.

I think they took some stuff from this as inspiration for other suits, like the 2211 one

Imagine the whatever Spider-Man motion comics (Kirby's work) by Grantray-Lawrence studio instead of them making a full cartoon

ASM's suit photograps rather well. But from a design standpoint, it's pointlessly messy. An image of the arrogance of the costume designer thinking she could better the classic design. She couldn't, if silver shoes were a part of her brilliant ideas.

Raimi's costume remains the best Superhero costume ever put to screen.

I like the new suit more TBH. I don't mind the strip down the legs, and I find the mix of red and blue in the gloves to be really neat. I'm just not a huge fan of the sometime yellowish looking eyes. Raimi also had a really good suit, but I don't like the "3D" webbing.

The only minus points I give the TASM suit, is that it didn't stick with the classic design. Other than that, I prefer it over the Raimi suit. Textures, materials, spider designs, webs, all of it.

I say the Andrew Garfield suit, no contest! I loved the original suit, but the new one surpassed it in every way in my opinion, and I was disappointed to hear that they are changing it for the sequel.

ASM's suit photograps rather well. But from a design standpoint, it's pointlessly messy. An image of the arrogance of the costume designer thinking she could better the classic design. She couldn't, if silver shoes were a part of her brilliant ideas.

Raimi's costume remains the best Superhero costume ever put to screen.

I agree fully.

I can't wait to see the new design of the Spider-Man suit...

I recently saw images from the "Amazing" video game and they actually managed to make the suit look worse; they added POUCHES!

Good thing is they are optional. You can select a outfit in the game that doesn't have the belt.

Good thing is they are optional. You can select a outfit in the game that doesn't have the belt.

Not that I'll ever experience this first hand 'cause I'll never play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"