Why Fast food sucks and is destroying the very fabric of society!

Pffft... this thread title. Give me some BK and nothing else, thank you very much. :o

Destroying the fabric of society? DVD I stumble into another sentinelmind thread?

Do you understand the concept of "you get what you pay for"? What kind of preservatives and sludge do you think you're clogging up your body with when you buy one dollar tacos? But suit yourself. I think quality and healthy living is more important than a few dollars saved.

I wish that was the case. Unfortunately, not only with food, but with every other product in the market, you might get fooled for spending a large amount of money into thinking you got the greatest and the cleanest good. But in reality it is just a purchasing stunt to rob of people more money.

I agree about the quality over a few dollars savings but that is not always true. Look at Apple's imac's. Why do they cost way more than other pc's. They both are manufactured in China, both have movable parts that break in time, not to mention the several software issues that have outraged many Apple customers including me.

The only thing Taco Bell has I like are the Steak-XXL-burritos.

The only thing Taco Bell has I like are the Steak-XXL-burritos.

The XXL steak nachos they had recently were pretty good too. I also like the Crunchwrap Supreme.

But the little .99 cent tacos are a weak effort.

I'm not saying the Mexican restaurant isn't better.

But sometimes, it's 1am and I'm up having a study session. Can't very well go to the Mexican restaurant.

Sometimes, I'm on a tight budget and don't have that "extra dollar".

Sometimes I don't have time to go to a sit down restaurant.

And now and again, sometimes, I just want some Taco Bell.

I think you it it all on the head here. I love Mexican food and used to go to a local Mexican place several times a week sometimes. We actually went there so often the manager used to not charge for my mom's meal because we would take the whole family (and friends) there so much (and her meal was generally the cheapest). I guess they figured it was worth it to give out a $6 meal once every week or so to encourage the thousands my family and friends spent there.

That being said, I can't pull up to a Mexican place, have my $3 worth of food in 3 minutes and eat it in the car.

This, THIS is why I plant garden every summer. I think Americana tradition of grass growing is terrible waste of green space.

Tomatoes, strawberries, sunflowers, pumpkins, squash, beans, chives, rhubarb, broccoli, peppers, carrots, and some herbs.

Neighbors complain I grow too much garden and my lawn looks like Hell.

While they look unhealthy! Bodies they probably look in mirror and cry over!

But I am primitive man for seeing a place of full sun and thinking yummy plants to eat can grow THERE!

I wish I had the patience to grow food in the yard.

Who changed this thread title? I didn't authorize this.

fast-food-monster-1024x856.jpg

FAST FOOD NATION RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

bahaha the name change to this Thread :woot::word::awesome::pal:

Yeah I always found Taco Bell to be overpriced with low quality taste anyway.

That and the hot sauce is weak.

When was the last time you went to taco bell? It is pretty much the cheapest fast food around. You can get a ton of food for very little cash.

This, THIS is why I plant garden every summer. I think Americana tradition of grass growing is terrible waste of green space.

Tomatoes, strawberries, sunflowers, pumpkins, squash, beans, chives, rhubarb, broccoli, peppers, carrots, and some herbs.

Neighbors complain I grow too much garden and my lawn looks like Hell.

While they look unhealthy! Bodies they probably look in mirror and cry over!

But I am primitive man for seeing a place of full sun and thinking yummy plants to eat can grow THERE!

:up: Couldn't have said it better. Plant gardening is the best thing one could do in his home. I can see it being a commonality in the near future.

Yeah but these Tacos have real meat in them :)

That's irrelevant.

SuperFerret pretty much answered the question.

I'd like to find these higher quality Mexican restaurants that are the same price.

The bottom line to SuperFerret and Izzay

Taco Bell - Processed Beef Paste

Any other actual Mexican Joint - Real Beef - Natural Ingredients

Shove into your face whatever you want. For the extra dollar I'm going to eat real food.

I agree with you in wanting to eat real(er) food, but it's irrelevant because you're changing the question. The fact remains that Taco Bell is attractive due to its pricing, and yes, higher quality food will be more expensive, therefore there is no real food equivalent to Taco Bell available at the same prices.

The main stream adaption of fast food and it's success is just a by-product of dual income homes and time vs. effort decision making. People don't want to look at the big picture...

The only fast-food places I spend my money at are Subway and Sheetz; I order vegetable sandwiches from both of them, so it is a step towards being healthy. Would I say they are destroying society? No. Both of them have been of terrific use for me, while I am in school: they provide reasonably priced food which can be whipped on the fly, which is important to me, and countless others who do not have the time to grow vegetables.

Taco Bell is on my boycott list ever since the 35% beef debacle a couple years back. They are now up there with:

McDonalds (since the "McFrankenstein" nuggets in 2002)
Jack in the Box (since the E.Coli outbreak and ensuing deaths in 1993)
And KFC and Pizza Hut (being that they are the same parent company as Taco Bell)

It doesn't take much for me to discontinue business with a fast food restaurant. I seem to be running out of chains to eat at. Which is fine by me, the better I eat the happier I am.

I like tacos. But not Taco Bell.

For burgers I'll go to Five Guys since you see them actually making the thing in front of you.

Five Guys is good. That s*** is just expensive. For the same amount, you make buy some damn meat and make five burgers.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"